Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

Old Oct 3, 22, 10:30 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Posts: 1,248
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
Hmmmm, plastic toy airplane or $1250....decisions decisions.

Well, there are also the heritage logos, in case you get homesick for Delta on your weekend off.
doubleA, lindros2 and ctsgoblue like this.
Goodoldflyer is offline  
Old Oct 3, 22, 6:33 pm
  #32  
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: WAS
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Posts: 17,213
For those who qualified earlier in 2022, and feel like they got short-changed there is a FAQ item here: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../million-miler

I reached Million Miler prior to the new gift program. Am I eligible to participate in the new programs gift selection offer?

If you hit a new Million Miler threshold in 2022, you are automatically eligible to access the new Million Miler gift site through 12/31/2022. Please visit deltamillionmiler.com to select your gift before this date.
I hit 1MM in 2021 so can't test this out ("Account not eligible" ), but someone else should and report back...
Zorak is offline  
Old Oct 3, 22, 6:42 pm
  #33  
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,825
Wow. I hit 1MM Dec 28th. How frustrating.
ryandc99 is offline  
Old Oct 3, 22, 7:40 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Posts: 3,113
I'm done - @ 1MM, I was sent some stationary and a notebook. At 2MM, I got a Hartman with handles so short I need to squat to use it. At 3MM, I got the $500 cert. I've always been just behind the curve!
Tomphot is offline  
Old Oct 3, 22, 8:34 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: STL
Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Posts: 1,917
Originally Posted by bobf View Post
I crossed over 2mm a couple days ago, and got the gift offers. Seems to be about $120 in 2 bottles of wine, $650 in an overnight bag, or $1200 in a gift certificate. Answer seems obvious to me, but I could not figure out whether I had to use the whole $1200 on one reservation, or if there are some other down sides to the gift certificate. Any advice?

Bob
Advice? Bahaha. Well... would you pay $1250 for the wine, toy plane, logo plaque or overnight bag? No? Me neither... Seems like a no brainer to me.
hockeystl is offline  
Old Oct 3, 22, 9:50 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Programs: DL DM 1MM; IHG Diamond Amb
Posts: 143
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
For those who qualified earlier in 2022, and feel like they got short-changed there is a FAQ item here: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../million-miler



I hit 1MM in 2021 so can't test this out ("Account not eligible" ), but someone else should and report back...
Yeah, this blows for those of us that still flew and gave them our business in 2021. I requalified diamond “organically” in 2021 while also crossing 1MM in Nov 2021 (and will qualify for 2023 also, but not relevant I guess). I wonder if they will allow us to pick something if we send in a Contact Us form……………

Sounds like something I’ll volunteer to test!

I’ll report back next year when I hear back from them.
WannabePBA is offline  
Old Oct 4, 22, 6:14 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MHT, CHS
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Posts: 1,221
I hit 2 Mil on Jan second, and found that site via a google search after seeing this thread. there is a huge difference between a $350.00 gift card and a $1,250.00 gift card. the additional items are not worth $900.00, especially the DL logos. I have not fully crafted my complaint letter to DL yet
Singleflyer is offline  
Old Oct 4, 22, 6:43 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 929
Originally Posted by Singleflyer View Post
I hit 2 Mil on Jan second, and found that site via a google search after seeing this thread. there is a huge difference between a $350.00 gift card and a $1,250.00 gift card. the additional items are not worth $900.00, especially the DL logos. I have not fully crafted my complaint letter to DL yet
imagine being upset that you got a gift because other people got better gifts. Some of the posts in this thread could benefit from watching Bluey.
flyerfirsts is offline  
Old Oct 4, 22, 7:20 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Posts: 1,248
Originally Posted by WannabePBA View Post
Yeah, this blows for those of us that still flew and gave them our business in 2021. I requalified diamond organically in 2021 while also crossing 1MM in Nov 2021 (and will qualify for 2023 also, but not relevant I guess). I wonder if they will allow us to pick something if we send in a Contact Us form

Sounds like something Ill volunteer to test!

Ill report back next year when I hear back from them.
Your cash is good at the bar...

Goodoldflyer is offline  
Old Oct 4, 22, 8:15 am
  #40  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 14,203
Is that actually a 1250 gift card? Or is there a chance its actually a 250 but there is a typo on the selection page?
lindros2 and MSPeconomist like this.
rylan is offline  
Old Oct 4, 22, 10:59 am
  #41  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 187
Not a typo

Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Is that actually a 1250 gift card? Or is there a chance its actually a 250 but there is a typo on the selection page?
Its in my wallet now, showing $1250. I think this is the first gift card I ever had. What is puzzling is that it doesn't just appear in my wallet, i have to enter a 13 numeral code and a 9 character PIN to see it. If I leave the wallet and come back and come back, I have to enter the digits again. These 22 numbers appeared in an email after I selected the choice. I'd hate to think that losing that email could cost me $1250.
lindros2 likes this.
bobf is offline  
Old Oct 4, 22, 11:27 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Wayne, PA USA
Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Posts: 7,168
Originally Posted by bobf View Post
Its in my wallet now, showing $1250. I think this is the first gift card I ever had. What is puzzling is that it doesn't just appear in my wallet, i have to enter a 13 numeral code and a 9 character PIN to see it. If I leave the wallet and come back and come back, I have to enter the digits again. These 22 numbers appeared in an email after I selected the choice. I'd hate to think that losing that email could cost me $1250.
does it have to be spent in one shot or can you spread it across multiple tickets?
jimrpa is offline  
Old Oct 4, 22, 12:16 pm
  #43  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 25,236
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
imagine being upset that you got a gift because other people got better gifts. Some of the posts in this thread could benefit from watching Bluey.
Imagine not understanding that $900 is a significant difference in value. Well for most anyway.
BigFishDave and lc412000 like this.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Oct 4, 22, 12:27 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 929
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Imagine not understanding that $900 is a significant difference in value. Well for most anyway.
Sure, but it's a gift. They don't tell you you'll get something worth $1250 when you hit 2MM. They don't even tell you it will be worth $350. Honestly, most people (all?) with 2MM are just flying around on someone else's time (or as an expense of a business they run) anyway. The gift is just that, a gift.

All anybody is owed is:
Annual complimentary Medallion Status and special bag tags and to choose from a curated selection of gifts, as that is all that is promised.
flyerfirsts is offline  
Old Oct 4, 22, 12:52 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Louisiana
Programs: DL 2MM DM, Bonvoy Lft Titanium, Hilton Lft Diamond
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
Honestly, most people (all?) with 2MM are just flying around on someone else's time (or as an expense of a business they run) anyway.
Wait...laughing...you are telling me that while my BIS on my 2 million miles, I was flying on someone else's time? What happened to my time?
lc412000 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread