Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Scolded by FA for using the call button.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scolded by FA for using the call button.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by photojojo
Wanted to circle back on this with a different perspective since my other reply. If you know me, you know I don't complain for anything but this drove me nuts.

I was in D1 on DL131 the other day. It was about a 10 hour flight and for reasons unknown to me the right aisle had almost zero drink service. I blew out my vocal chords at Oktoberfest so I was dying for for something as cold and fizzy as possible to sooth my throat, but the only drink service that came down the right aisle was with both meals. Watched four movies and I know that during Inglorious Basterds the left aisle had three passes to the right aisles' zero. I was even waving my hand trying to get their attention but it was almost like they were comically turning their head in just the right way to not be able to make eye contact.

I fought the urge to hit the button and instead made six trips to the galley for a glass of ice and can of ginger ale and only got attitude the first time. I thought maybe each time I would do this that might trigger someone to come down the aisle but it didn't. Each time I'd walk back to my seat I'd catch the attention of another passenger who would shrug their shoulders and ask me if they were coming. Not a single person the entire flight hit the button and instead would just go up and get it themselves.
As long as it's available, it's probably just easier to help yourself.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by hockeystl
View From The Wing / Boarding Area has published a blog post on this incident. OP should definitely fire off an email now that this service failure has a bright light shined on it.

https://viewfromthewing.com/delta-pa...m=BoardingArea
Wow.... I can't believe the head of the Flight Attendants group says that you shouldn't use the call button to ask for a drink. I mean, it's a "call button"... right?

Has anyone seen the Points Guy UK videos when they fly? They do a "Call Bell Challenge" to see who gets a drink first... I mean, that's a horrible answer from her.
SH115 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Wow.... I can't believe the head of the Flight Attendants group says that you shouldn't use the call button to ask for a drink. I mean, it's a "call button"... right?

Has anyone seen the Points Guy UK videos when they fly? They do a "Call Bell Challenge" to see who gets a drink first... I mean, that's a horrible answer from her.

She can probably do the math of 6 flight attendants on a plane with 300 people.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
There is an expectation of good service in Delta One. Why are you encouraging poor work ethics?
Spiff, Keith2004, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
There is an expectation of good service in Delta One. Why are you encouraging poor work ethics?
I'm not. I'm encouraging people to be practical. They can also wait for someone to come by, but it may be a long wait.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:18 pm
Suspended

I'm not. I'm encouraging people to be practical. They can also wait for someone to come by, but it may be a long wait.
And waiting a long time for service in the most premium cabin isn't a problem to you?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
In all honesty it would have been. Like mentioned in an earlier comment I asked for two in order to speed life along and that was interpreted as a double/quadruple. There was so much bourbon in it they were only able to put 1-2 ounces of coke in the glass. They realized what I meant so they then got another glass put a little coke in it and then tossed the two back in forth in an attempt to balance it out - but it instead just fizzed up and spilled all over the place.

This was not a rookie crew, these were well seasoned FAs.

The flight to ZRH the week before the crew was pacing up and down the aisle non-stop with bottle of red and white in each hand topping people off. Sometimes you get a good crew on a good day, sometimes you get a bad crew on a bad day I guess.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 6:17 pm

And waiting a long time for service in the most premium cabin isn't a problem to you?
Like I said, practical. I've been there, and waiting an hour hoping someone notices you is less fun that just going and getting what you need, when you need it.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by photojojo
In all honesty it would have been. Like mentioned in an earlier comment I asked for two in order to speed life along and that was interpreted as a double/quadruple. There was so much bourbon in it they were only able to put 1-2 ounces of coke in the glass. They realized what I meant so they then got another glass put a little coke in it and then tossed the two back in forth in an attempt to balance it out - but it instead just fizzed up and spilled all over the place.

This was not a rookie crew, these were well seasoned FAs.

The flight to ZRH the week before the crew was pacing up and down the aisle non-stop with bottle of red and white in each hand topping people off. Sometimes you get a good crew on a good day, sometimes you get a bad crew on a bad day I guess.
Shouldn't there have been a choice between two white wines and two red wines on a TATL flight in D1 (plus a sparkling white wine as a PDB and then a real Champagne up in the air, plus at least one after dinner wine such as Port)?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:45 pm

Next thing you know someone would be recommending getting your own food from the galley.
readywhenyouare and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:47 pm
Suspended

In the era of video bloggers you'd think crew would know to be on their best behavior. I watched one recently with a particularly nasty Air Canada crew and he posted it in real time. He had an AC agent meeting him when he got off the flight to apologize.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
I’d file a complaint, I got scolded by a gate agent in ATL a few days before Christmas in 2020 and I wrote in and got a good response containing 12,500 miles. Was trying to board a CRJ900 from ATL-GPT and the GA was trying to get me to pink tag my carry on and I told her that the bag fits on the CR9, still insistent I scan my BP again to get a pink tag so I repeat myself, she then yells at me “MR XXXX SCAN IT AGAIN NOW I AM NOT CHASING AFTER YOU WITH MY BROKEN FOOT IF IT DOESNT FIT”. I scanned my BP, got the pink tag to avoid escalating, and just took it on anyway. Got on the plane and what do you know, it fits just like I said it would!
Spiff and AndyPatterson like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Next thing you know someone would be recommending getting your own food from the galley.
No, you can wait for someone to serve you if you're not in a hurry.

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Sep 29, 2022 at 6:17 am
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Shouldn't there have been a choice between two white wines and two red wines on a TATL flight in D1 (plus a sparkling white wine as a PDB and then a real Champagne up in the air, plus at least one after dinner wine such as Port)?
Have they returned the after dinner wines? On my last TATL D1 flight, there was sadly no Port.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Have they returned the after dinner wines? On my last TATL D1 flight, there was sadly no Port.
I hate port, but they have no problem bringing you more wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.