Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Scolded by FA for using the call button.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scolded by FA for using the call button.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:55 pm

I had a very surly FA trying to get a PDB.
JFK-TPA
I didn’t press the call button, and instead got up. When I asked she looked at me like I had 3 heads….”where are you sitting”
Right there…. I was in first row!
she said….. oh we don’t have time for any of that” SMH
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
In my 30 years of flying, I have only pushed that blue button once, and it was because the dude next to me was having a seizure and I only pushed it because the lady next to him was freaking out. I wouldn't have pushed it if she wasn't freaking out, as I knew they couldn't do anything and the dude within 5 minutes was fine.

But moral of the story is, do what I do, ask for two drinks I have never been denied.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:08 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

This is unacceptable behavior from the FA. But it makes me feel better about all the times UA cabin crew ignored my call button in Polaris. Perhaps it saved me from being spoken to this way. The disdain of some FA is taking every last drop of joy from flying.
volabam and rosege like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:26 pm

I'm glad alone I'm not the only one who has seen very tired and very entitled Delta FAs and GAs.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
How come on Asian airlines when you push the call button you get a FA with a smile, and in the US you get (if you get) a FA with attitude? Is the job description different?

PS NEVER push the button when they are in the galley gabbing or reading their magazine
moondog, chica, duluthDL and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was C+ not first class. You get an alcoholic drink with the regular service(s), not refills on demand.
Hepsaint, nk15 and coast_2_coast like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by ijgordon
This was C+ not first class. You get an alcoholic drink with the regular service(s), not refills on demand.
Since when? I never had an issue asking for a refill on demand when seated in C+. I also never heard of the drink only being available during regular meal service.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I have pushed the FA call button more than once on Southwest (for a refill), and have never gotten attitude - only friendly service.

This is absolutely deserving of a formal complaint.
Spiff likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
Is the job description different?
Yes, it is. Different standards, different job expectations.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Since when? I never had an issue asking for a refill on demand when seated in C+. I also never heard of the drink only being available during regular meal service.
Agreed. Especially since service has been reduced post Covid. Free drinks is a published benefit of C+.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass
Putting aside timing of the call vis-a-vis service for others, if you look closely at the call button, it's usually a person holding a drink. Just sayin. If it's only supposed to be for serious issues, it should have a different design.
dw, Spiff, jakeller and 10 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by VolareBene
Putting aside timing of the call vis-a-vis service for others, if you look closely at the call button, it's usually a person holding a drink. Just sayin. If it's only supposed to be for serious issues, it should have a different design.
I've noticed on some newer interiors, can't recall which carrier/plane at the moment, but I distinctly remember they changed the logo on the button to just a person raising their hand.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Such inexcusable behavior should result in immediate termination. Alas, DL is under threat of a union drive and won't do anything to anger the flight attendant group.
Spiff, volabam and cmd320 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Sounds a bit entitled to me to be expecting a refill before they are even done with the first service.

But after they’re done, call away. I’d love to see them “scolding” you (or worse) for not following the directions of a crew member.
When you pay more for better service then you are entitled to it. The op did nothing wrong.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:15 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
I have pushed the FA call button more than once on Southwest (for a refill), and have never gotten attitude - only friendly service.

This is absolutely deserving of a formal complaint.

is the 2nd drink a favour or do they expect payment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.