Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I'd Love Water/Soda bottle vending machine in SkyClub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'd Love Water/Soda bottle vending machine in SkyClub

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SDQBound
This is something I love about the AF lounges. Mini cans of soda/sparkling water and bottles of water available to go.
Not anymore. Air France now only provides water dispensers as of a few months ago. (I believe the cans are still present, though.)
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
This would have to come with a water dispenser/filler that can be used without the mouth of the person's bottle touching the spout - I'm always shocked at the number of people I see doing this like it's no big deal. Similar to the still/sparkling water taps I see going in at a lot of the lounges but would probably need to be higher off the counter.
The taps in the lounges are already high enough to clear most water bottles for no-contact dispensing.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BenA
The taps in the lounges are already high enough to clear most water bottles for no-contact dispensing.
Just because it's possible doesn't mean that people position their water bottle so that there's no contact.

PreCOVDD-19, the KE business class lounge at ICN had water bottles (the only source of water to drink in that lounge) in a small refrigerator at the end of a counter next to the entrance to the kitchen. The refrigerator door opened to the wrong side, so that you had to wedge yourself against the wall/door and reach in, hoping that staff wouldn't be coming or going from the kitchen just then. Only one person at a time could fit in the area, so there always seemed to be several people waiting for their turn to retrieve a small bottle of water. It was a very bad arrangement.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
As a person who owners coin operated water dispensers, there are Health Department guidelines that the water flow out of the tube, cannot contact a surface that can be touched by a container or hands
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Singleflyer
As a person who owners coin operated water dispensers, there are Health Department guidelines that the water flow out of the tube, cannot contact a surface that can be touched by a container or hands
While that may be true where you do business, the free spring water dispensing stations at Grand Canyon National Park don't appear to follow the same guidelines.

Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Aren't there tons of vending machines and stores in the terminal?
The last time I bought a bottle of soda to take on a DL flight at an ATL newsstand, the price was $3.75. Given that the same size bottle of soda went for $2.35 at DCA and BWI, this was a ripoff.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
The last time I bought a bottle of soda to take on a DL flight at an ATL newsstand, the price was $3.75. Given that the same size bottle of soda went for $2.35 at DCA and BWI, this was a ripoff.
they are something north of $5 at BUR. I’m not shocked by much, but was impressed by the pricing.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've seen $7 prices in hotel minibars.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
For me, it's more about the convenience of not having to leave the SkyClub early to go to a shop, buy a water, and wait in line to pay. But, yes, Atlanta's prices are extortionate. Paid $3.89 yesterday for a bottle of water that is $1.89 outside the airport. It's expensed so not a huge deal but annoying when other airports manage to charge much closer to street pricing.

Originally Posted by ND76
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dcstudent
For me, it's more about the convenience of not having to leave the SkyClub early to go to a shop, buy a water, and wait in line to pay. But, yes, Atlanta's prices are extortionate. Paid $3.89 yesterday for a bottle of water that is $1.89 outside the airport. It's expensed so not a huge deal but annoying when other airports manage to charge much closer to street pricing.
The Alaska Air Lounge in ANC sell Alaska Glacier Water Bottles for $2 so you're onto something there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.