FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   I'd Love Water/Soda bottle vending machine in SkyClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2092087-id-love-water-soda-bottle-vending-machine-skyclub.html)

dcstudent Aug 26, 2022 6:29 am

I'd Love Water/Soda bottle vending machine in SkyClub

I dunno about you, but I like to have a bottle of water or soda with me - even when I fly First. I would love it if I could buy a bottle at the SkyClub from a self-service vending machine before leaving for boarding.

It would certainly be easier and more convenient than having to hit up a vendor in the terminal.

Random musing from the F Skyclub this AM.

ATOBTTR Aug 26, 2022 7:04 am

Originally Posted by dcstudent (Post 34546816)
I dunno about you, but I like to have a bottle of water or soda with me - even when I fly First. I would love it if I could buy a bottle at the SkyClub from a self-service vending machine before leaving for boarding.

It would certainly be easier and more convenient than having to hit up a vendor in the terminal.

An option is to bring an empty water bottle with you in your carryon and fill it up with water or pop at the SC before you leave.

bloc0102 Aug 26, 2022 7:45 am

One of the things I like about Escape lounge in MSP, they have bottles of water and cans of Coke/Sprite.

jimrpa Aug 26, 2022 8:25 am

Wouldn’t bringing a nalgene or something be just a bit more environmentally friendly? Of course I’m saying that with my iced Starbucks beverage in a single use plastic cup next to me 🙄

Adelphos Aug 26, 2022 8:28 am

I, and many others, have been arguing for grab and go options at the SkyClub (or all clubs). That was actually a good innovation during the heights of Covid. Let passengers walk out with water, soda, sandwiches, etc.

MSPeconomist Aug 26, 2022 8:39 am

Originally Posted by dcstudent (Post 34546816)

Please don't give DL ideas about charging for F&B in the SC.

SFTNYC Aug 26, 2022 8:48 am

This would have to come with a water dispenser/filler that can be used without the mouth of the person's bottle touching the spout - I'm always shocked at the number of people I see doing this like it's no big deal. Similar to the still/sparkling water taps I see going in at a lot of the lounges but would probably need to be higher off the counter.

HWGeeks Aug 26, 2022 9:01 am

Aren't there tons of vending machines and stores in the terminal?

MSPeconomist Aug 26, 2022 9:08 am

When I fill my water bottle in a SC, I always take the water in a glass and then pour it into my bottle at my seat.

Goodoldflyer Aug 26, 2022 9:27 am

Originally Posted by SFTNYC (Post 34547142)
This would have to come with a water dispenser/filler that can be used without the mouth of the person's bottle touching the spout - I'm always shocked at the number of people I see doing this like it's no big deal. Similar to the still/sparkling water taps I see going in at a lot of the lounges but would probably need to be higher off the counter.

I get what you're saying, but most people just aren't very careful.

flyerCO Aug 26, 2022 11:20 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 34547123)
Please don't give DL ideas about charging for F&B in the SC.

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 34547182)
Aren't there tons of vending machines and stores in the terminal?

Self-service vending doesn't mean have to pay. I've seen plenty that are zero cost.

seageg91 Aug 26, 2022 11:30 am

In that case, just stock a fridge w/ bottles and cans, like many clubs already do.

WSTC Aug 26, 2022 11:33 am

I say this respectfully, but the last thing I want to see in an over-crowded SkyClub (or any lounge, for that matter) is a space-stealing, heat-producing, electric-hum-emitting, selected-object-clunking vending machine which will inevitably be played with by children. No thank you. I'm already longing for the sweet relief of death as it is.

MSPeconomist Aug 26, 2022 11:47 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 34547561)
Self-service vending doesn't mean have to pay. I've seen plenty that are zero cost.

True, but I could imagine DL deciding to do SCWM = SkyClub Water Monetization and then extending the "experience" by having all F&B distributed by vending machines, except possibly for adult beverages where bartenders are required. DL trims staff and collects more money from us. That would seem like a win for them.

PES_B1 Aug 26, 2022 2:09 pm

Agreed! I don't fly DL as I don't live in NA, but all of those Chinese carriers don't stock soda waters on planes even in F, and only a few lounge have such supplies as well(The CZ lounge @can T1 before the move use to always be filled with canned drinks, and the Sodas are rarely touched)