Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I'd Love Water/Soda bottle vending machine in SkyClub

Old Aug 26, 2022, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,

I dunno about you, but I like to have a bottle of water or soda with me - even when I fly First. I would love it if I could buy a bottle at the SkyClub from a self-service vending machine before leaving for boarding.

It would certainly be easier and more convenient than having to hit up a vendor in the terminal.

Random musing from the F Skyclub this AM.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I dunno about you, but I like to have a bottle of water or soda with me - even when I fly First. I would love it if I could buy a bottle at the SkyClub from a self-service vending machine before leaving for boarding.

It would certainly be easier and more convenient than having to hit up a vendor in the terminal.

An option is to bring an empty water bottle with you in your carryon and fill it up with water or pop at the SC before you leave.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
One of the things I like about Escape lounge in MSP, they have bottles of water and cans of Coke/Sprite.
Return2flight and SDQBound like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Wouldnt bringing a nalgene or something be just a bit more environmentally friendly? Of course Im saying that with my iced Starbucks beverage in a single use plastic cup next to me 🙄
ilovemiles, wrp96, Statman and 6 others like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I, and many others, have been arguing for grab and go options at the SkyClub (or all clubs). That was actually a good innovation during the heights of Covid. Let passengers walk out with water, soda, sandwiches, etc.
BenA likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dcstudent

Please don't give DL ideas about charging for F&B in the SC.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
This would have to come with a water dispenser/filler that can be used without the mouth of the person's bottle touching the spout - I'm always shocked at the number of people I see doing this like it's no big deal. Similar to the still/sparkling water taps I see going in at a lot of the lounges but would probably need to be higher off the counter.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Aren't there tons of vending machines and stores in the terminal?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I fill my water bottle in a SC, I always take the water in a glass and then pour it into my bottle at my seat.
Twickenham, DLASflyer, ryw and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
This would have to come with a water dispenser/filler that can be used without the mouth of the person's bottle touching the spout - I'm always shocked at the number of people I see doing this like it's no big deal. Similar to the still/sparkling water taps I see going in at a lot of the lounges but would probably need to be higher off the counter.

I get what you're saying, but most people just aren't very careful.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please don't give DL ideas about charging for F&B in the SC.
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Aren't there tons of vending machines and stores in the terminal?
Self-service vending doesn't mean have to pay. I've seen plenty that are zero cost.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Gold
In that case, just stock a fridge w/ bottles and cans, like many clubs already do.
hi55us likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
I say this respectfully, but the last thing I want to see in an over-crowded SkyClub (or any lounge, for that matter) is a space-stealing, heat-producing, electric-hum-emitting, selected-object-clunking vending machine which will inevitably be played with by children. No thank you. I'm already longing for the sweet relief of death as it is.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Self-service vending doesn't mean have to pay. I've seen plenty that are zero cost.
True, but I could imagine DL deciding to do SCWM = SkyClub Water Monetization and then extending the "experience" by having all F&B distributed by vending machines, except possibly for adult beverages where bartenders are required. DL trims staff and collects more money from us. That would seem like a win for them.
dw and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:09 pm
formerly rt23456p

Agreed! I don't fly DL as I don't live in NA, but all of those Chinese carriers don't stock soda waters on planes even in F, and only a few lounge have such supplies as well(The CZ lounge @can T1 before the move use to always be filled with canned drinks, and the Sodas are rarely touched)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.