Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I'd Love Water/Soda bottle vending machine in SkyClub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'd Love Water/Soda bottle vending machine in SkyClub

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by seageg91
In that case, just stock a fridge w/ bottles and cans, like many clubs already do.
Vending machine helps with sanitation. Also can help limit number of items. Otherwise people will load up like their live depended on the drink/food.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Some United Clubs have complimentary bottled water available from the bartenders.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
No thank you. Sounds like a bunch more plastic waste.
Statman, cre95 and findark like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Lol the Admirals Clubs have these and charge more than terminal prices in some cases.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WSTC
I say this respectfully, but the last thing I want to see in an over-crowded SkyClub (or any lounge, for that matter) is a space-stealing, heat-producing, electric-hum-emitting, selected-object-clunking vending machine which will inevitably be played with by children. No thank you. I'm already longing for the sweet relief of death as it is.
I don't disagree with your sentiments, but I would hate for you to describe the airport outside the lounge. You know, the place where the peasants wait for their flight.
WSTC likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
This would have to come with a water dispenser/filler that can be used without the mouth of the person's bottle touching the spout.
These exist.
Statman, wrp96 and ExArkie like this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by dcstudent
I dunno about you, but I like to have a bottle of water or soda with me - even when I fly First. I would love it if I could buy a bottle at the SkyClub from a self-service vending machine before leaving for boarding.

It would certainly be easier and more convenient than having to hit up a vendor in the terminal.

Random musing from the F Skyclub this AM.
Or just a fridge with some grab and go options like we had during COVID.

but the issue and id bet a big reason why is some people would be filling up back packs and carry ons to the brim.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by dcstudent
I would love it if I could buy a bottle at the SkyClub from a self-service vending machine
I can only imagine the pearl-clutching

people here get the vapors over having to use a plastic fork in the club, I can only imagine the outrage if they had to be subjected to the sight of something as downmarket as a vending machine
Return2flight likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
....except possibly for adult beverages where bartenders are required.....
Love the Air France Lounges at CDG where all the liquor bottles are on a large table and you just mix what you want!
SDQBound and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
This is something I love about the AF lounges. Mini cans of soda/sparkling water and bottles of water available to go.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
To clarify, there is not a vending machine in the LHA Club, it is a water dispenser, that dispenses a variety of water combinations. There is also a self service soft drink machine

Last edited by Singleflyer; Aug 29, 2022 at 5:54 pm Reason: spellimh
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Self-service vending doesn't mean have to pay. I've seen plenty that are zero cost.
IND has two vending machines for free in the garage parking for anyone, usually on arrival.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I've been in a few lounges where they provide this complimentary (cans not bottles).

I can't recall any for DL actually but I know UA does (LHR had earlier this year) and I recall the KE ICN lounges having cans of soday when I last visited pre-COVID
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:25 pm

If there's one thing I've send to myself time and time again while strolling through an airport, "jeez there's not enough places to buy soda and chips here."
Statman, cre95, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I, and many others, have been arguing for grab and go options at the SkyClub (or all clubs). That was actually a good innovation during the heights of Covid. Let passengers walk out with water, soda, sandwiches, etc.
This also helps manage overcrowding. The DEN sky club is absolute garbage, but its one saving grace is that there are grab-and-go options so you can snag a soda and bag of chips, then wander out into the hallway and sit down slumped against the wall where it's quieter, more comfortable and and more peaceful. This is a win for everyone: Delta gets someone out of their facility so another seat is free for a random Amex cardholder who wants to pay $39 to experience the pinnacle of luxury, and I get a Coke Zero.
WSTC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.