Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta cheating

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Delta cheating

I booked my ticket a few months ago. BNA - Bos- LhR - bom and return bom-lhr-Atl-Bna

it so happens the Virgin has changed the schedule completely. Return leg is now 38 hours !! With overnight layover.

ticket booked with miles. why do we book tickets far in advance. For getting best schedule and cost.

Called delta. Refuses to rebook saying mileage ticket so you SOL. While they are selling revenue tickets for crazy prices.

filed a complaint with DOT. Is there any other places I can go to sue / file customer complaints. They even state in website saying if changed leads to big issues such as long delays then we will rebook at no cost. I am flexible on route and even dates but they are refusing to rebook (protect the consumer). I told them I don’t need compensation/ upgrades just a good route of which plenty are available - just diff airlines ..

must say v shameful of delta !! Had an issue with United (Lufthansa actually cancelled flight) - this was not even a discussion. United simply rebooked me on another flight. No you booked miles / unavailable miles tickets etc.

I can’t wait to exhaust my miles with delta and go elsewhere. I spoke to various departments for 5 hours !!

please let me know if who all I can contact - media / govt etc to file complaints against delta. Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:18 pm

Instead of threatening to sue, you could have just asked them (nicely) to put you on Delta metal instead.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
DL can’t force partners to make award space available

OP needs to be willing to make some compromises rather than demanding an impossible resolution
bescobar, cre95, Adam1222 and 17 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
I wonder….did OP ask DL for a few meal vouchers and a ‘nicer’ hotel voucher? Almost all flights through LHR are IRROPS, so some inconveniences are to be expected. Also, OP did not indicate how soon this itinerary flys, so if it’s soon, maybe seat inventory is limited. Lots of possibilities.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
Delta can buy a ticket on whatever airline it wants, partner or not.
Spiff, CO-PLAT, RealHJ and 7 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Instead of threatening to sue, you could have just asked them (nicely) to put you on Delta metal instead.
I spoke to 4 different departments - over 5 hours (numerous holds) and asked nicely.. I have not threatened them.. I have to sue.. everyone I spoke to told me I was right (in fact) and they would feel the same way over the schedule change…. And there is no delta metal outbound from Bom…. What made you even think I did not ask nicely? My goal (and most passengers) is not to sue but to get the protection one gets when one buys a ticket for incidents like this and without all this trouble…
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767

OP needs to be willing to make some compromises rather than demanding an impossible resolution
Flight is in Dec. Delta is selling flights for those dates with convenient routes. The agent’s own words “i pleaded your case and you are so right”. … I did not ask for impossible resolution. I am willing to compromise on route/date and heck I even said… will you give me a hotel for this over night stay 38 hour trip vs 22 hours…. How much more flexible can one be?
Spiff, SK, FMDXR and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Delta can buy a ticket on whatever airline it wants, partner or not.
Exactly…. It is selling revenue tickets.. its delta’s responsibility to rebook whether they are paying partner or not…. When such a drastic schedule change happens.. but as per my earlier reply to someone else. I showed a huge amount of flexibility… This is simply a case of delta cheating…

I hope someone can point me to where I can file appropriate complaints .. would it be govt or do I need to go to small cause court or something? Again - I am not looking to sue - I just want a decent route back but at the same time, airlines need to treat customers right - esp ones that are looking for resolution with compromises vs this route ….
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelSTL
I wonder….did OP ask DL for a few meal vouchers and a ‘nicer’ hotel voucher? Almost all flights through LHR are IRROPS, so some inconveniences are to be expected. Also, OP did not indicate how soon this itinerary flys, so if it’s soon, maybe seat inventory is limited. Lots of possibilities.
Late dec
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Totally serious question: What can you sue for? I’ve never thought of suing over an airline ticket?
wrldwide1 and mtofell like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Totally serious question: What can you sue for? I’ve never thought of suing over an airline ticket?
nor have I till now —

here is what their own site says

There has been a flight schedule change or cancellation affecting your original trip, but don't worry, we've automatically rebooked you on the flight(s) below. If the change to your itinerary includes a flight cancellation or significant delay and you are not satisfied with this updated itinerary, you may be eligible to change your flight(s) at no extra cost”

all I need is rebooked in a proper itinerary vs 38 hour trip with overnight layover. Which is the most reasonable thing any customer can and would expect.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Couple of things.

As you booked a VS operated flight and VS changed schedule, they under EC261 (still in effect like most EU law in UK, commonlycalled UK261 when referringto UK) are responsible for costs incurred. They will have to pay for hotels/meals for any added overnight.

You need to contact DL during weekday and ask for Joint venture support desk. They can contact VS.

If there is award availability they can rebook via AF/KL. They can't force availability on partners.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Assuming this is the same trip, I wonder if the TPAC vs. TATL routing weirdness OP ran into when booking the ticket is similarly inhibiting reasonable reaccommodations as an award ticket: What happening to being able to book tickets with miles
emma dog and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond

I can’t imagine the benefit(s) of suing Delta over this flight dilemma will outweigh the cost of suing.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:38 am

Check availability via cdg and ams to BOM and BLR (or DEL) on KL/AF. Maybe SV is an option too? If not possible and partner desk is not helpful keep what you have. Schedules are highly likely to change over the next few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.