Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

Y’all were heard
Old May 12, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Last week we announced updates to our Delta Sky Club access policy with the intention of improving your experience during the busy summer months. We heard your feedback in response to the updates, including that some customers want to visit a Club to refresh after landing or to recharge ahead of a meeting. We value your input – and we’ve acted on it. Just as you can today, customers with Delta Sky Club access may continue to use Clubs upon arrival. You can review Frequently Asked Questions for more details on the revised policy: Customers will be able to access the Club anytime within three hours of their scheduled departure time (and connecting customers can continue to access the Club at any time during their layover) starting Wednesday, June 1.Arriving customers – with or without a connection – will be able to enjoy the Club upon arrival, as you do today.Your feedback remains essential to our continued success in delivering an elevated experience. As we continue to see increased volumes in our Clubs, we are working hard to support our service teams and add more ambassadors to ensure the best Delta Sky Club experience that you have come to expect and deserve. As always, we thank you for your understanding and continued loyalty. We look forward to seeing you in the Club soon. Sincerely, Claude RousselManaging Director – Delta Sky Club
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Just got an email from Delta. Arrival access is restored!
I just got that too. Great news! Maybe they've been reading FT.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hilton
Good! This is the sensible decision!! I rarely use on arrival and when I do its only for a few minutes and does not materially contribute to crowding.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Looks like too many important customers actually valued arrival access. Nice response to feedback.

Now - what is the alternative move Delta should make to reduce crowding?
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Have you ever read "The Lottery"?
Old May 12, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Wow, we actually won.
cmd320, golfr and Minnyappleus like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by HDQDD
I just got that too. Great news! Maybe they've been reading FT.
Only a mere 434 comments over the past week!
And tbh, until I read about the benefit a couple months ago, it had never occurred to me to visit upon arrival. As noted in my comment early on, my son and I found great value in the lone arrival visit to a SC undertaken!
Nice win for the good guys!
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ezefllying
Have you ever read "The Lottery"?
That's only one person a year though. To thin the herd we need a Thanos type solution
Old May 12, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Adelphos
First, I hope DL will simply wait and see. Ultimately, if the pre-departure change is not sufficient, I think we can expect access to simply get more expensive (through further choice benefit restrictions and/or higher annual card fees/benefit limitations).

Last edited by NYC Flyer; May 12, 2022 at 8:19 am Reason: gr
Old May 12, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
First, I hope DL will simply wait and see. Ultimately, if the pre-departure change is not sufficient, I think we can expect access to simply get more expensive (through further choice benefit restrictions and/or higher annual card fees/benefit limitations).
A lot of people are going to cancel their Amex Platinums when the renewals come up later this year, so that will help. Amex handed out massive upgrade and signup bonuses last year. I canceled my Reserve in 2020 and then upgraded to the Amex Platinum in 2021 when my travel resumed. It was 75K points and 10x points for six months on gas and groceries to upgrade my Gold card. A LOT of people took advantage of this. (I intend to keep the Platinum vs going back to the Reserve).

The rest of the problem should go away early next year when extended status expires.
NYC Flyer and Minnyappleus like this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; May 12, 2022 at 8:30 am
Old May 12, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta DM
I do not believe it, I'm speechless.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Crickets from those who said Delta knew what they were doing. Now to tell them to stop my canceling of my skyclub exec membership lol.
hockeystl, cmd320 and KDCAflyer like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
A couple of things about the reversal on Arrival Access

1) watch clubs be more crowded after large arrival banks because passengers previously unaware they had access now know thanks to this

2) someone mentioned Delta was a “data driven organization” but clearly shot in the dark with this policy and didn’t realize the blowback they had on their hands with membership cancellations and reduced Amex annual fees.
ijgordon, jghassell, BC300 and 5 others like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Let's crack down on guest access this time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.