Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Generally yes, if it says FREE you can assign the seat for free. In my experience you are supposed to wait for the computer, and this is a bug. I have been able to clear downline segments ahead of the window this way.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Generally yes, if it says FREE you can assign the seat for free. In my experience you are supposed to wait for the computer, and this is a bug. I have been able to clear downline segments ahead of the window this way.
Which part is the bug: desktop website showing a payment due for selecting a FC seat at 72hrs mark or me being able to do it in the app for free?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Being able to do it in the app for free (although it works on desktop sometimes too). You're supposed to wait for the computer to move you and change your booking class to OU.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta, Accor, Marriott
ORD Counter Hours

Hello - I am sure that I am missing this on Delta's web site, but could someone please advise what time the counters open at O'Hare on Saturday morning? On the 5:30am to ATL, and having read about the huge lines at all hours, want to give myself plenty of time. Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You aren't missing anything as they no longer list operating times for airport counters on website. Some older website snapshots list 4:25AM for ORD, but have no idea if that is still true. I doubt they open before 4AM. As always, it's best to check-in online the night before if possible as that will potentially give you more options if there are delays on way to airport or at airport.
grandchampion likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
2) My bigger question: does it matter which terminal I go to in ATL since I'm on DL? I don't know which hotel I would stay at yet but if I stay at one of the Gateway Hotels, that light rail brings you to the domestic terminal and if I have to go to the international terminal, I would obviously have to catch that shuttle around the airport to F.
if you're on DL metal it doesn't matter, any DL desk will be fine.

If you're on a DL-marketed codeshare operated by a partner (e.g. korean) you need to check in with the operating airline.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL, B6
Sky Club access on Plat DL Amex question

Might be exceedingly basic, but if I have BOS-MSP-XXX and I buy the $39 SC access with my plat DL Amex, do I also get access at the layover point in MSP?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoBob
Might be exceedingly basic, but if I have BOS-MSP-XXX and I buy the $39 SC access with my plat DL Amex, do I also get access at the layover point in MSP?
No, the DL Amex Plat SC access benefit is a "visit" benefit and doesn't cover access to clubs at multiple airports (unlike the old day passes which DL has discontinued).
GoBob and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: DL, B6
Originally Posted by xliioper
No, the DL Amex Plat SC access benefit is a "visit" benefit and doesn't cover access to clubs at multiple airports (unlike the old day passes which DL has discontinued).
Bummer, but thanks for the info
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:06 am

Another question about complimentary upgrades for Medallions: I'm Gold and on a flight that takes off in ~60hrs. There's one FC seat available. I was able to select a C+ seat, but can't select FC without paying $600. Also, the automated upgrade system didn't put me in this seat.

Is Delta not using all available FC seats for complimentary upgrades, e.g. hoping someone would buy it?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by satellite779
Another question about complimentary upgrades for Medallions: I'm Gold and on a flight that takes off in ~60hrs. There's one FC seat available. I was able to select a C+ seat, but can't select FC without paying $600. Also, the automated upgrade system didn't put me in this seat.

Is Delta not using all available FC seats for complimentary upgrades, e.g. hoping someone would buy it?
Upgrades require upgrade inventory, although all FC seats will (or should I say should?) be used for upgrades at the gate. Usually these upgrades are processed right after check in for the flight closes at T-30 for most airports.

DL won't give the last FC seat as an upgrade at T-60. On most flights DL tries to hold back two to four FC seats for last minute purchases, upfares, and SDCs, depending on the route, aircraft type, day of week, time of day, etc.
satellite779 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:56 pm

Estimate upgrade cost/points to Premium Select

Flyer with no status here, am booked to fly BKK-ICH-ATL-RDU in November after disembarking a cruise. The first segment is on Korean the remainder on DL. The cruiseline included an economy ticket in the promo we used to book the cruise. Based on what I can see, I have a “U” fare. I am able to purchase preferred seats on the DL segments but cannot access exit rows or Premium Select seats.

I texted with a Delta representative who said that she was unable to upgrade our tickets but that the travel agency (in this case the cruiseline) could. Before I contact them, I would like to see if anyone knows or can estimate how much an upgrade to PS should cost in points? In dollars?

Also, if it is indeed possible to upgrade can it be done on Korean Air also?

TIA!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds possibly like an unpublished/bulk/consolidator fare. Mileage upgrades are only available on published fares and also require higher fare classes than U (K or higher) and would almost certainly not be possible. Fare difference runs about $350 one-way on the cheapest published fares from Coach to Premium Select fares. DL Premium Select fares book into Economy cabin on KE flights.
Clay Clayton likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:03 pm
WGM

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by xliioper
There is one possible scenario that would give the OP access to both SCs for free. The OP didn't disclose final destination, just XXX. If XXX is international and OP is Elite+ they would have access.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: AS Peon
My SO and I (neither with any status) are booked on an upcoming flight to LGA. The plan is to land at LGA, then as scheduled we should have ~4 hours to self transfer to JFK for a B6 flight to LAX. When booked, it seemed totally reasonable, but now this flight number has only operated as scheduled a few times in the last 2 weeks, most commonly being delayed enough such that we wouldn't be able to make the transfer.

So, I'm starting to get concerned about our chances! Of course this is completely of my own doing, I should have booked a single ticket or at least booked in to JFK. But, alas, I did not. So now I'm considering our best options for getting there for our second flight.

Our current plan is to try to get to our home airport early enough to standby for at least one of the earlier flights to LGA, possibly two if our schedule works out. However, I'm curious if we might be able to standby for a JFK flight? Delta's website pretty clearly states that you can't standby for coterminal airports, but I'm wondering if we spoke directly with a gate agent if we'd have a better chance? I'm not counting on it by any means, but could certainly help our odds a lot.

Anybody have experience in a similar situation, or have any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.