Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by demkr
Is FEBO still a thing on domestic F for when they serve the boxed meals?
I've been on at least one odd-numbered flight recently where they started from the back with the boxed choices.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:35 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Zorak
I've been on at least one odd-numbered flight recently where they started from the back with the boxed choices.
is that a good thing or a bad thing for these surprise boxes?. I just stuff mine in the seat pocket and survive on booze
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta PM
My last odd flight went back-to-front.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Wonderful choices

So very important to be able to choose between mediocre and insultingly bad.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
is that a good thing or a bad thing for these surprise boxes?. I just stuff mine in the seat pocket and survive on booze
​​​​​​You're allowed to decline the box entirely too
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
I havent seen any updates on the glassware/plates coming back or in use - I saw a few photos of D1 (domestic & international) with glass cups and real plates.

Has anyone received domestic first class with real cups/mugs for drinks or are they still serving the plastic cups and paper mugs? Granted the food boxes are served in boxes, so nothing is plated on real plates, I get that.

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:21 am

Out of how many?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Tine Rod
Out of how many?
I don't know -- it's not super important to me, so it's not like I keep close track. I chose my phrasing deliberately (maybe I know too many lawyers )

i.e. that doesn't mean necessarily that all my other odd-numbered flights failed to observe it, just that I'm not willing to swear either way.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:29 pm

I don't know -- it's not super important to me, so it's not like I keep close track. I chose my phrasing deliberately (maybe I know too many lawyers )

i.e. that doesn't mean necessarily that all my other odd-numbered flights failed to observe it, just that I'm not willing to swear either way.
Just curious as I continue agonize over seat choice for an upcoming flight.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
What would be dinner on dl JFK to PDX in first

It is listed as dinner, but i have no idea is it like in D1 as 757 is with flat beds. Any info in highly appreciated
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by cmhflyer80
I havent seen any updates on the glassware/plates coming back or in use - I saw a few photos of D1 (domestic & international) with glass cups and real plates.

Has anyone received domestic first class with real cups/mugs for drinks or are they still serving the plastic cups and paper mugs? Granted the food boxes are served in boxes, so nothing is plated on real plates, I get that.

Thanks!
In my experience over the last month, all domestic F has paper / plastic. International J has paper / glass.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:25 pm

I just flew DL economy transatlantic for the first time in a long time (AMS-ATL and ATL-CDG return). I was very impressed with the food onboard and amenities like eye mask, ear plugs, and decent headphones. I fly a couple times a year between the US and EU and historically have always preferred the European airlines, but I think DL is now on par in terms of overall service level.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by felicidad76
It is listed as dinner, but i have no idea is it like in D1 as 757 is with flat beds. Any info in highly appreciated
This is not a D1 marketed route (even if the equipment is D1), so the meal will be the standard FC meal boxes with the choice of a salad, sandwich, or vegetarian option. Here's the dinner sandwich option from a few posts upthread -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33578159-post928.html
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL DM PM

Another flight. Another sad box.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Delta effectively does not serve food on Transcon premium classes

Originally Posted by felicidad76
Three days ago, I flew SAN-JFK in actual marketed Delta One (not only the 757 lie-flat seats, but ticketed as such). Meal was a choice between a stale mini-cheese-and-tomato slider in a box or a tiny wilted chicken salad in a box. I was NOT pleased.

Today, I returned JFK-SAN, also in a 757, but was sold and configured as regular first class. Meal was pretty much the same crap-in-a-box, just less stale.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.