Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
If that is butter I say ok, but if mayo no way
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:06 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Also if you don’t like Mayonnaise then their goes your sandwich.
First rule of grocery store / deli sandwiches: If it’s not made to order, the condiments need to be served on the side. Otherwise you end up with a gross, soggy sandwich.

DL’s corporate inflight service team apparently doesn’t even know how to properly make a sandwich. (I assume some team from corporate signs off on what is ultimately dictated to the catering kitchens.)
fly747first, Aloha1 and cmd320 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dw
First rule of grocery store / deli sandwiches: If it’s not made to order, the condiments need to be served on the side. Otherwise you end up with a gross, soggy sandwich.

DL’s corporate inflight service team apparently doesn’t even know how to properly make a sandwich. (I assume some team from corporate signs off on what is ultimately dictated to the catering kitchens.)
Whats strange is when the offered sandwiches for meals pre-COVID (usually served hot) they placed all the condiments on the side.
dw likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dw

Spot on. I would even argue there are a lottttt of things DL's corporate inflight service team is clueless about.
dw and cmd320 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Originally Posted by Contradancer
Thought I'd try again. I suppose it's possible that all the posters here are flying Premium Select and above on these routes!
JFK-MXP R/T this week, hot dinner/lunch both ways and hot second snack (breakfast sandwich/pizza roll). Full beverage service only once with each meal, so if you want more you have to get it in the back, should be similar for your routing. BTW MXP lounge access restricted to Delta One only, Plat/Dia Medallions in Main were turned away despite the lounge being virtually empty, so looks like Delta is cheaping out on that too.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by bruininabag
Souvla?! As a rare Delta loyalist in the Bay Area, this is awesome news. That greek frozen yogurt is to die for. And their chicken salad is one of my favorite lunches of all time. Great to see some love being thrown to us on the SFO-JFK route. Now if only they'd send over more of the 764s our way.
At least they got rid the Ben & Jerrys
Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Dutch101
JFK-MXP R/T this week, hot dinner/lunch both ways and hot second snack (breakfast sandwich/pizza roll). Full beverage service only once with each meal, so if you want more you have to get it in the back, should be similar for your routing. BTW MXP lounge access restricted to Delta One only, Plat/Dia Medallions in Main were turned away despite the lounge being virtually empty, so looks like Delta is cheaping out on that too.
Nothing new. Unless it's operated by Skyteam or a Skyteam airline only D1 gets access. With AZ lounges closed, contract lounge it is.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Delta 489 JFK to LAS in Delta One 8/14/2021 on the 767-400. Snack boxes were the only food option.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Tony King
Delta 489 JFK to LAS in Delta One 8/14/2021 on the 767-400. Snack boxes were the only food option.
woah...lucky you!

i'm hope you enjoyed DL's premium offering!
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
At least I got chicken, rice, biscuit, and veggies at the sky club before the flight.
dw, sspontak, spudley007 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
I know it's hard to keep up because DL has lied so many times about the return of meals in D1; right now according to the information that has been discussed here (consistent with what delta.com is showing) it appears that JFK LAS will get meals again from 8/17 onwards.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:47 pm

DL484 on an A339 SEA-JFK on 8/13/21 in comfort plus was pretzels and a Delta cookie. Snack box was available for purchase. Don't remember how much they were asking for them. No actual food service Not sure what Delta One received.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
DL484 on an A339 SEA-JFK on 8/13/21 in comfort plus was pretzels and a Delta cookie. Snack box was available for purchase. Don't remember how much they were asking for them. No actual food service Not sure what Delta One received.
Interesting. I have not seen Buy on Board food on any Delta flight since March 2020. Only booze.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by fly747first
I know it's hard to keep up because DL has lied so many times about the return of meals in D1; right now according to the information that has been discussed here (consistent with what delta.com is showing) it appears that JFK LAS will get meals again from 8/17 onwards.
The meal will likely be the crappy cold boxed “meals” that some of the FC flights are getting. While a minor step up from the current garbage being offered, still no where near D1 levels of service and definitely not a “Restaurant In The Sky” as DLs “propaganda” PR department says.
BamaGirl and cmd320 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Aloha1
At least they got rid the Ben & Jerrys
Had Ben and Jerry’s on my Aug 11 flight ATL-CDG, cookie dough I think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.