Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL considering increasing F capacity to 75% (survey email)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL considering increasing F capacity to 75% (survey email)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Here is an update from Delta.

Looks like F continues at 50% through the end of October except regional jets will be 67%.

Delta One goes to full capacity at October 1st.

https://news.delta.com/more-space-ho...s-january-2021
So D1 on 757s will remain at 50% capacity in October, even though widebody D1 will go back to full capacity? Am I reading this correctly in the release?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Oh good point, I saw Delta One and overlooked the mention of widebody. Would be nice if they kept the 757 more limited.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Reading between the lines in the omissions, it's pretty clear they plan to return F to full capacity after 10/31.

Oddly, this makes an economy seat almost more attractive for a single passenger booking travel in November or December!
Old Aug 21, 2020, 6:22 am

I just checked seats on my September 13 flight. Looks like 75% to me.

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/6d676b3c-882d-4f03-acca-159056ebee9b[/img]
Old Aug 21, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Ezzy77
I just checked seats on my September 13 flight. Looks like 75% to me.

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/6d676b3c-882d-4f03-acca-159056ebee9b[/img]
Can't see the picture.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
Can't see the picture.
Sorry, the iPad doesn't like me. Oddly enough I checked this afternoon and it seems there were a few cancellations. It was sold out this morning but now they are selling again. Currenly showing 10 open seats in FC

Last edited by Ezzy77; Aug 21, 2020 at 4:33 pm Reason: Photo didn't post properly
Old Aug 21, 2020, 4:36 pm

This was the image from this morning
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
If they're going to do that then they should at least be AA and offer full beverage/bar service. Apparently according to Delta a beer won't give you COVID but a Woodford will.
The concept explains to FAs is that Woodford requires handling ice drawers, cups, mixing drinks. could we still drop the mini, the ice cup and the mixer? sure. but thats also bringing multiple "new" service items into play - Ice Drawer, Liners, ice scoops, (ice is already onboard in the beer tubs), variety of sodas, Variety of Liqors, stir sticks, etc.

This would increase the complexity of the catering operation, the touch points and the interactions.

For now delta wants to keep the the service simple, sealed containers and easy to drop off. minimizing touch points and interactions. its not the Woodford, its everything thats related to offering Woodford.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer0889
The concept explains to FAs is that Woodford requires handling ice drawers, cups, mixing drinks. could we still drop the mini, the ice cup and the mixer? sure. but thats also bringing multiple "new" service items into play - Ice Drawer, Liners, ice scoops, (ice is already onboard in the beer tubs), variety of sodas, Variety of Liqors, stir sticks, etc.

This would increase the complexity of the catering operation, the touch points and the interactions.

For now delta wants to keep the the service simple, sealed containers and easy to drop off. minimizing touch points and interactions. its not the Woodford, its everything thats related to offering Woodford.
If there is going to be ice to keep the beer cold, could I just have my Diet Coke already?!
Old Aug 23, 2020, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by allseas1586
If there is going to be ice to keep the beer cold, could I just have my Diet Coke already?!
Likely dry ice I would think. With that said, I don’t see why they couldn’t offer spirits and soft drink and we could just bring our own ice if ice is really the big hold-up here.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 8:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Likely dry ice I would think. With that said, I don’t see why they couldn’t offer spirits and soft drink and we could just bring our own ice if ice is really the big hold-up here.
Agreed. I don't necessarily need ice in my drink if the can is cold to begin with. Catering some cans of Coke and Diet Coke, if even just for first class, would be a step forward.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by allseas1586
Agreed. I don't necessarily need ice in my drink if the can is cold to begin with. Catering some cans of Coke and Diet Coke, if even just for first class, would be a step forward.
I hear you both, I get it. I also get the rationale given to us. They're taking a deliberate and slow approach and analyzing everything based on the communications they've given crew. honestly I wish we had the minis and you could pour them into your own soft drink from the terminal or that delta would allow us to "serve" you your own liquor (only way FAA Regs allow you to consume your own liquor so we can monitor consumption, but delta would have to change their policy and have it approved) or something along those lines. soft drinks on our end wouldn't be cold because in order to keep an appropriate variety of cans cold would quite a bit of space given that narrow body A/C don't have chillers like the wide bodies.

FWIW - this is excellent feedback for your post flight surveys, they hear us, but they're all about anaylitcs.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think DL might've broken something accidentally with inventory availability for C+ on some flights... I have some upcoming where C+ was full due to the capacity limit and seat blocking, however now the flight is showing as C+ for sale, and EF also shows W9 from previous W0 or W1 and the seatmap shows nothing available. I don't think DL would be overselling the cabin by that much.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
I think DL might've broken something accidentally with inventory availability for C+ on some flights... I have some upcoming where C+ was full due to the capacity limit and seat blocking, however now the flight is showing as C+ for sale, and EF also shows W9 from previous W0 or W1 and the seatmap shows nothing available. I don't think DL would be overselling the cabin by that much.
I agree something weird is going on with C+. Between the reduced schedule and whatever is going on, it’s essentially impossible to get one of the seats I deem acceptable on many of the flights I’m looking at. Actually considering NK BFS for a trip up to CLT.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Flyer0889
FWIW - this is excellent feedback for your post flight surveys, they hear us, but they're all about anaylitcs.
I wrote this in a post flight survey just the other day! And will continue doing so.
Flyer0889 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.