Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL considering increasing F capacity to 75% (survey email)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL considering increasing F capacity to 75% (survey email)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cmd320
So what? An empty row behind you in F is as useful as the runway behind you on takeoff...
Dunno, for example if someone behind me were to be sneezing or coughing I'd rather they be two rows away than one.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Dunno, for example if someone behind me were to be sneezing or coughing I'd rather they be two rows away than one.
To be honest if someone behind me were sneezing and coughing I’d get off the plane.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn't that what masks are for?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
To be honest if someone behind me were sneezing and coughing I’d get off the plane.
Maybe you don't find out until you're in the air?

Originally Posted by TomMM
Isn't that what masks are for?
If they're wearing the mask when they're sneezing/coughing, sure. What if it's while they're eating/drinking?

These are low probability events, sure, but all things being equal if I were offered a choice between an empty row in front of me or an empty row behind me, it seems to me I'd rather have it behind me.
mattp1987 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I would agree to it under certain conditions. i.e. if a couple wants to sit together, they don't have to leave a row empty. I just don't want to sit next to strangers (for now).
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Maybe you don't find out until you're in the air?
Yeah, still getting off. They can divert and say it’s a medical emergency.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I would agree to it under certain conditions. i.e. if a couple wants to sit together, they don't have to leave a row empty. I just don't want to sit next to strangers (for now).
Bring a friend.

Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:26 pm
Suspended

If they're going to do that then they should at least be AA and offer full beverage/bar service. Apparently according to Delta a beer won't give you COVID but a Woodford will.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
So what? An empty row behind you in F is as useful as the runway behind you on takeoff...
That's not my assessment of the risk, but you're welcome to come to a different conclusion.
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BenA
That's not my assessment of the risk, but you're welcome to come to a different conclusion.
I am all for businesses having reasonable protocols in place but I kind of draw the line with them being expected to cater to people's personal insecurities.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:13 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flyer0889
I agree. I’ve had “Full” FC cabins with empty rows because people are traveling together and sit together. I think it wouldn’t be harmful to guarantee you won’t be seated next to someone you aren’t traveling with but also increase the cap. The number of complaints I’ve gotten from people on the upgrade list that are seeing empty rows and wondering why they didn’t get it is growing each trip.
You mean like this?

Last edited by puddinhead; Aug 5, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I won't pay for FC. Much better chance having a full row next to me open in MC/C+
Agree, I won't pay for F right now either if I were to fly right now. With all the cutbacks in F, I'd rather have an empty C+ middle seat for free than pay for F.

It would be nice if they had more availability in F for RUC's and GUC's at time of booking.
cmd320 and Pianoman109876 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by BenA
I have decided that I *really* like 5D on the 739, for much the same reason!
BenA, Zorak and aacar like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TomMM
I am all for businesses having reasonable protocols in place but I kind of draw the line with people expecting them being expected to cater to people's personal insecurities.
fixed that for you :/

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I have decided that I *really* like 5D on the 739, for much the same reason!
yep; it’s the best F seat on that jet
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Not sure it matters

As an infectious disease doctor (and a Diamond) who has traveled roughly every other month to care for COVID patients, I am not sure it matters whether someone is sitting 4 feet away from me or 2 feet away from me. It is my choice to wear a KN 95 mask on board (these are available online) or one from O2 Canada (on order). I accept that there is some risk flying and that there is likely some protection from the air handling in the plane and am grateful for Delta's strict mask enforcement policies. I have not heard of a major outbreak related to plane travel. However, I don't really think the distancing attempts in 1st are meaningful differences and doubt they make a huge difference elsewhere as well except for cutting the shear number of people together. I just don't believe that being 4-5 feet from someone is that different than being 2-3 feet. It is more important to me that they mostly wear their mask and that I do the same. I want Delta up and running and profitable again and flying with empty seats when it really doesn't make things any safer (in my humble opinion) is window dressing. I think some capacity cuts and loading changes to cut crowding in aisles is a good thing overall as we likely were overpacked previously, and maybe that should be rethought.
dorisrpas, cmd320 and defrosted like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.