Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by tearex
5 hours on Plat line last night, 4 hours today.

Unfortunately need to redeposit companion cert for travel this weekend and get a refund!
The actual call back ended up being 1h40min. But everything was seamless once I got the call.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Help me understand how the DL Twitter Message game works these days. Over the last week I messaged a request a few times as it seems if it goes longer than 24 hours you aren't going to get a response. This morning I got a response after 4 hours, asking for some verification info. I sent it within an hour. 4 hours later...nothing. If I don't hear back today do I start all over again?

Last edited by Asquared1; Jun 2, 2020 at 4:43 pm
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS 100k, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
did not hear anything from FB DM for 3 days. Tried twitter this morning with verification info. Replied in 4 hrs and cancelled successfully
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by yupenn
did not hear anything from FB DM for 3 days. Tried twitter this morning with verification info. Replied in 4 hrs and cancelled successfully
Did you reply to them right away? I think I missed out since I wasn't available when they messaged and it took me 45 minutes to reply.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My brother, a Skymiles Member, called a few minutes ago and was quoted 7 Hours and 26 Minutes.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: DL PM, AS 100k, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Asquared1
Did you reply to them right away? I think I missed out since I wasn't available when they messaged and it took me 45 minutes to reply.
I did not reply. I already gave them my skymiles, DOB, address
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Why is the website still not fixed? Still get the stupid "This Itinerary cannot be changed online. Please call...".
Old Jun 3, 2020, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It seems that once you had an itinerary change the website doesn't let you modify the flight, even if an agent resolved the change and reissued the ticket.

Oh no! We're sorry, but due to a schedule change in your reservation we're unable to process this request online. Please contact Delta Reservations at 1-800-221-1212 for assistance. For non-U.S. based customers, please call Delta Reservationsfor your country. #600113R
Peatisback likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by daloosh
I was quoted five hours at 10pm EST two nights ago, I got a callback about 3:15am (was up reading late) and then still on hold until after 3:40. Oy. And using the website was a no go.
When I woke up Tuesday, I had a missed call at 4:47 a.m., almost four hours after the specified callback time. Called again tonight, quoted 1 hour, 45 minutes. Got the actual call 2 hour and 30 minutes later, then sat on hold for 22 minutes following the "your call is next to be answered" message. I asked the rep why these changes can't be made on the website, as they were previously, and she said if it's the second or third time you're changing a ticket, it has to be overridden manually. One ticket I needed to change had never been changed before and she was a little baffled by that, so who knows?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by rylan
It seems that once you had an itinerary change the website doesn't let you modify the flight, even if an agent resolved the change and reissued the ticket.
Originally Posted by melissaru
I asked the rep why these changes can't be made on the website, as they were previously, and she said if it's the second or third time you're changing a ticket, it has to be overridden manually. One ticket I needed to change had never been changed before and she was a little baffled by that, so who knows?
I've been unable to make changes on the website for all but one of my previously scheduled trips, some were never changed before, others had been. So, I've been calling regularly.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:28 am

Current call-back time for PM: "Over 9 hours".

Yesterday I needed to call AA reservations. They seem to have the same call-back system. Except they got back to me in 35 minutes. I have zero status with AA.

You should have every mid-level manager and anyone else who can answer a phone working the phones now, Delta. The fun is over.
AviationFreak and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Did everyone who took the severance package at DL work in the call center?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by daloosh
I've been unable to make changes on the website for all but one of my previously scheduled trips, some were never changed before, others had been. So, I've been calling regularly.
I have not had one single itinerary be modifiable online. Exasperating the issue is, up to a say a week or two ago Delta kept canceling or moving all my itineraries. There is no way I would book any PS cabin tickets at this point - everyone of those were moved to A332/333 metal which of course don't have PS and every one has been a nightmare to fix. Honestly if Delta had not promised to roll over all MQM earned this year I'd be seriously looking at other carriers for the rest of 2020.
daloosh likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
WTH is going on at DL? I just canceled an AA award booking and sent a DM to their Twitter and AA replied back to me in 10 minutes with my miles back and taxes reversed.

My new AA award booking also was super easy and I’m already upgraded to lie flat business LAX-JFK with a full meal service.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Is there a special problem with flights today?

I have been trying to call Delta for 6 hours and the recording says there are too many calls and cannot answer mine. I have had to wait for a 5 hr. call back several times but never not gotten through. I figure tomorrow with Saturday schedule changes it will be even worse. Did something special happen today or is this just the new norm??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.