Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is Delta falsely claiming to offer a "VIP Line" to Diamond Medallion members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Delta falsely claiming to offer a "VIP Line" to Diamond Medallion members?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheHorta
This thread is chock full of irony. In years past, when everyone was lauding Delta and I felt like I was persona non grata, I felt like the ugly duckling.

Now, everyone is lamenting Delta’s customer service death spiral, and I’m having my best CS experiences ever.

Maybe I'm FT’s yang to their Yin?
Are you 360? I suspect some of the best agents have been poached for that program, so that could explain some of the difference if so.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by koreanair720
You never use RUCs?
I have used many RUC's and have only called in to use them once. Twitter has served me well
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I'd rather wait 10 minutes on hold to get it right the first time rather than 30 seconds, then HUCA 3 times.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by bretthexum
I'd rather wait 10 minutes on hold to get it right the first time rather than 30 seconds, then HUCA 3 times.

Yes, and HUCA will be progressively retired as a strategy for Delta anyways. Delta is increasingly placing prior call information (incl. timestamps and recordings) at the fingertips of its front-line res agents and supervisors.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I often wonder if the DL marketing folks believe the things they advertise.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by apodo77
I often wonder if the DL marketing folks believe the things they advertise.
That depends on how much of their own koolaid they drink. The heavy drinkers probably have drunk themselves to actually believe what they are peddling. Others know better.
apodo77 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
Fake AF/KLM (Delta) agents remain the smart way to go. By necessity, they must be well-versed in DL rules/processes in order to understand the differences/nuances that apply for AFKL flights. They also tend to pick up the phone much faster than their "pure" Delta counterparts.
"
How do you find them?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Yes, and HUCA will be progressively retired as a strategy for Delta anyways. Delta is increasingly placing prior call information (incl. timestamps and recordings) at the fingertips of its front-line res agents and supervisors.
Do you have any proof? A few weeks ago I had to HUCA after the first agent was beyond rude, and wrong on policy. I asked the folks on Call #2 to review the notes from the prior call, and they couldnt find anything
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by A321neo
Do you have any proof? A few weeks ago I had to HUCA after the first agent was beyond rude, and wrong on policy. I asked the folks on Call #2 to review the notes from the prior call, and they couldnt find anything
Airport agents have flat-out told me that they're being required to put a ton more notes in the system (and it's an unwanted pain for them). I know sometimes airport agents have referenced notes left by phone agents. Based on experiences on this and other threads, I think there's enough of a body of anecdotal evidence to say increased note-taking is the new standard.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:28 pm

Call the Air France and KLM USA Reservations Numbers. Entirely staffed by Delta agents, who tend to be more seasoned and much better trained than run-of-the-mill peers.The KLM number accepts both Skymiles and Flying Blue numbers for priority routing, so dial (800) 618-0104 and enjoy speaking with agents who really know what they heck they're doing (or, at least, can quickly route to those who do).
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by A321neo
Yes. On two occasions in the past year, I asked a Delta agent and supervisor to honor what I was told in a previous call, and on both occasions I was placed on hold for about 7-10 minutes while they listened to the prior call, confirmed my version of events, and inserted the necessary waivers and documentation in the PNR. Thankfully, the Big Brother approach worked in my favor.

Separately, I know for a fact AA timestamps and inserts caller ID info for the first PNR accessed during every phone call. I've seen my PNR printouts on more complicated bookings that involved multiple calls, and sure enough my number and the time popped up on several lines. I'm pretty sure UA has its own form of Big Brother as well.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by BenA
I too feel the agent quality has tanked in the last year. I miss the days when we were guaranteed to talk to someone who actually knew what they were doing unless there was a gnarly irops situation making wait times excessive.

The number of wrong answers or mistakes I’ve had to work around has gone up dramatically compared to even a year ago...
I couldn't agree more. I am not exaggerating, when I say that in the past 6 months nearly 100% of my initial interactions with a phone agent require subsequent calls to fix the initial agent's mistakes and those subsequent calls require a 3rd call more than 1/3 of the time. Seemingly simple things like I asked for a refundable ticket and was issued a nonrefundable ticket, or properly wait listing on RUCs, or even adding the RUC when asked, or a rebook due to IRROPS where the original itinerary doesn't get deleted and as a result my return is cancelled, routinely don't get processed correctly. I have no doubt that my repeated calls to fix the problems the agents created in the first place has a negative effect and is detailed in the notes. An agent last week commented on the number of exchanges a ticket had been through. While that was true, aside from the initial cancellation and ticket credit, all the other messiness was Delta's fault.

Since I *think* the agent has done it correctly I give them a 5 in the survey. Then when I realize they didn't, I'd like to revise, but obviously that isn't possible. Most agents are plenty friendly, but I would like a better way to flag those who need additional training. Bottom line, IMO the phone agent quality has taken a nose dive.
BamaGirl likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by ekozie
Airport agents have flat-out told me that they're being required to put a ton more notes in the system (and it's an unwanted pain for them). I know sometimes airport agents have referenced notes left by phone agents. Based on experiences on this and other threads, I think there's enough of a body of anecdotal evidence to say increased note-taking is the new standard.
Makes sense, as DL is getting stricter and stricter on its "no favors, no waivers" policy.

DL is also known to discipline agents who are too helpful and do more than they are allowed to do. So, don't be too hard on them, understand that if they do the right thing for you, their job, or at least their promotion, may be on the line.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Yes. On two occasions in the past year, I asked a Delta agent and supervisor to honor what I was told in a previous call, and on both occasions I was placed on hold for about 7-10 minutes while they listened to the prior call, confirmed my version of events, and inserted the necessary waivers and documentation in the PNR
Has anyone else ever had a phone supervisor listen to a prior call recording? Have literally never heard that with DL.

I just had something where that would have been super helpful. The phone supervisor found the previous person who promised that, emailed them, and said they would insert the waiver.

But I would really like to know how they even access the recordings - let alone whom you requested them from. Seriously. This would be super helpful for me. Thank you.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ekozie
Yes, I’ve noticed them writing essays more nowadays too.

Lets hope the CA Privacy Act allows customers to get a confirmation of their notes every time it’s left - it’s annoying to have one person promise documentation and then have it never happen when you try to act upon the promise later. So frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.