Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is Delta falsely claiming to offer a "VIP Line" to Diamond Medallion members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Delta falsely claiming to offer a "VIP Line" to Diamond Medallion members?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jeet
you mean this number is no longer working...(218) xxxxxx they used to get you an agent...
The 218 number that I know of hasn't guaranteed HIBRES for a while
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Coincidental that this thread was started. I was just going to start one on how much service on the DM line has nose dived recently.

I spoke to a SLC Supervisor who explained why - any agent now with 6 months tenure can apply to work the ‘elite line.’

This line handles calls for GM, PM, and DM. Exact same pool of agents for all three SKYPRIORITY levels of Medallion.

That, and the agents seem to have turned into laser focused on selling and hawking upgrades. The new ones also seem trained to leave an essay of notes (some using the wrong format or leaving irrelevant notes, that another agent has commented to me on) which can make HUCA more difficult.
ryandc99 and SeaHawg like this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Coincidental that this thread was started. I was just going to start one on how much service on the DM line has nose dived recently.

I spoke to a SLC Supervisor who explained why - any agent now with 6 months tenure can apply to work the ‘elite line.’

This line handles calls for GM, PM, and DM. Exact same pool of agents for all three SKYPRIORITY levels of Medallion.

That, and the agents seem to have turned into laser focused on selling and hawking upgrades. The new ones also seem trained to leave an essay of notes (some using the wrong format or leaving irrelevant notes, that another agent has commented to me on) which can make HUCA more difficult.
Wow that’s sad! I guess there are too many medallion members and not enough agents to work these dedicated lines, hence why they probably are now letting people with only 6 months experience work the elite lines, since they have no-one else to work it.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I finally spoke with a knowledgeable DM line agent after having to go through multiple agents who insisted that even though I had a FC ticket, I needed the fare class to be available in order to SDC. After she completed the change, I asked if I could ask a question. The question was whether I was just having a streak of bad luck with agents, or if there were lots of newly promoted DM line agents. Unfortunately it was the later. I am afraid we will have to convince a lot of agents to check KM...or, just HUCA--a LOT to get what should be simple changes accomplished.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I too feel the agent quality has tanked in the last year. I miss the days when we were guaranteed to talk to someone who actually knew what they were doing unless there was a gnarly irops situation making wait times excessive.

The number of wrong answers or mistakes I’ve had to work around has gone up dramatically compared to even a year ago...
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Wow that’s sad! I guess there are too many medallion members and not enough agents to work these dedicated lines, hence why they probably are now letting people with only 6 months experience work the elite lines, since they have no-one else to work it.
The Supervisor also told me that previously, the DM line required minimum three years experience but often more than that.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
This thread is chock full of irony. In years past, when everyone was lauding Delta and I felt like I was persona non grata, I felt like the ugly duckling.

Now, everyone is lamenting Delta’s customer service death spiral, and I’m having my best CS experiences ever.

Maybe I'm FT’s yang to their Yin?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I would suggest this is not accurate.

I started in call centers for company everyone has heard of and 6 months was about 3 months too long for a competent CS or tech to get moved into a higher tier queue including one such as this.

It’s really the same thing I suspect as restaurants: economy good, people with any skill get flatly better jobs and better pay and what gets left in most service roles that aren’t well compensated isn’t, well, awesome.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TheHorta
This thread is chock full of irony. In years past, when everyone was lauding Delta and I felt like I was persona non grata, I felt like the ugly duckling.

Now, everyone is lamenting Delta’s customer service death spiral, and I’m having my best CS experiences ever.

Maybe I'm FT’s yang to their Yin?
According to FlyerTalk, every airline is the worst they have ever been right now and it is getting worse since the FlyerTalk epoch. Don't forget to overuse the word devalued.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I always assumed it was never a true dedicated number and just a pool of people who were allowed to answer said calls from DMs.

source?

at least 6 out of every 10 times the agent fumbles and has to remember what “desk” they are answering the phone for “oh hi umm thanks for calling the ummm diamond desk....” or “thanks for calling the platinum desk Mr./Mrs. oh I mean diamond desk”
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:36 am

I've noticed maybe a slight increase in the time it takes agents to do complicated changes, but I don't think my HUCA frequency has changed at all.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
I haven’t called into Delta on a phone in probably two years.

Last thing I would think to do to solve almost any problem.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Had a garbage agent last night on something as simple as an SDS/SDC- She seemed to not have been made aware of a co-terminal SDC benefit for DM. HUCA worked. The next agent was far better.

The first agent should not even be dealing with kettles- much less people who actually know the rules.

DM line has gone way downhill except for the Minnesota agents- they are still good mostly.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
I haven’t called into Delta on a phone in probably two years.

Last thing I would think to do to solve almost any problem.
You never use RUCs?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Fake AF/KLM (Delta) agents remain the smart way to go. By necessity, they must be well-versed in DL rules/processes in order to understand the differences/nuances that apply for AFKL flights. They also tend to pick up the phone much faster than their "pure" Delta counterparts.
"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.