Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Or make it an open faced sammie and use the fork and knives for easy eating! I’ve done this many times because there is usually too much bread ratio.
Sometimes I'll rearrange the contents to use only half of the bun by making it a very thick half sandwich. This works very well when the bottom part of the bun is soggy or drenched in mayo etc.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Domestic mainline FC lunch on a flight of about a thousand miles: (cold) lemongrass chicken over Thai noodles or (hot) smoked turkey breast with melted cheese sandwich on the pretzel bun.

I picked the hot sandwich (and hope there will be a bag of good potato chips on the tray) but I plan not to eat most of the bread.
I have had this meal before on a flight out of MSP and it was pretty good (better than it looks in the picture).

Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL - PM
Originally Posted by hobbseltoff
Update on this, pre-selection finally became available about 48 hours before departure but it was through the old style e-mail rather than through the app.
I just had this same experience. There's no link in the app to pre-order, but I got an email 48 hours before my Endeavor Air lunch flight MSP-IAH with my entree choices. Options, in case anyone is interested, were the charcuterie plate or the chicken puttanesca ciabatta melt. I went with the sandwich; in my experience the charcuterie plate is decent quality but not nearly enough quantity.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
DL 2136 TPA-BOS 1-14-20.
Choices were

Muffaletta Sandwich

Chicken Farro Salad with balsamic lemon and honey

Pre ordered the sandwich and it was awful. Soggy on the bottom and luke warm. Nclue what the dessert was supposed to be and never seen it before on a DL flight. Another terrible meal from DL.

Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by apodo77
DL 2136 TPA-BOS 1-14-20.
Choices were

Muffaletta Sandwich

Pre ordered the sandwich and it was awful. Soggy on the bottom and luke warm. Nclue what the dessert was supposed to be and never seen it before on a DL flight. Another terrible meal from DL.
Looks a lot better than the Reuben. I disdain that thing.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:08 pm

DL 2136 TPA-BOS 1-14-20.
Choices were

Muffaletta Sandwich

Those are the options on my upcoming LAX-SAT flight on SKW. I picked the sandwich as well, we'll see.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
DL 2136 TPA-BOS 1-14-20.
Choices were

Muffaletta Sandwich

The dessert looks like something straight out of the snack basket. It seems like chocolate covered fruit and nuts.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
The dessert looks like something straight out of the snack basket. It seems like chocolate covered fruit and nuts.
I have had the dessert being straight from the snack basket (Oreos) Some type of misscater. I complained and got points
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
So are the potato chips.
Sad effort all around for this meal.
AANYC1981 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
So are the potato chips.
Sad effort all around for this meal.
At least Deep River is a pretty good brand. I like their products, esp. the ‘Maui Onion’.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:49 am

I've never seen a sandwich sitting on a bed of lettuce before.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Received selection options couple weeks ago for EOM January flights:
ATL-SLC: Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche or Steel-Cut Oatmeal and Quinoa; SLC-HNL: Stuffed Chicken Breast or Grilled Salmon with Thai ginger sauce;
HNL-SLC: Chicken Nicoise Salad or Shredded BBQ Chicken Sliders; SLC-ATL: Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche or Steel-Cut Oatmeal and Quinoa

Suggestions, Recommendations, Comments?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I've never seen a sandwich sitting on a bed of lettuce before.
The bottom was completely inedible. Just soggy bread. Don't know if that is from the lettuce or something else.
The top wasn't crispy like some of the other sandwiches I have had.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
I had the muffuletta sandwich about 3 weeks ago and I actually thought it was good! Not soggy, quite filling, and lots of flavor. Sorry to hear the above mentioned one wasn’t good. For dessert we had one of the Dancing Deer molasses cookies. Sounds like a miscater to me on the chocolate fruit/nuts.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Options were:

Chicken Club Sandwich - Roasted chicken, turkey bacon, and Colby Jack cheese with Bistro sauce.

OR

Chef Salad with Turkey - Romaine Lettuce, cheddar cheese, hard-boiled egg wedges, cherry tomatoes, and chives.

I preordered the chicken club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.