Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ezzy77
Thank you. So I will open that particular leg to see it I would imagine. That makes sense.
You should also get an email from DL inviting you to select the meal with a link approximately 70 hours before scheduled departure.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I fly UA and DL extensively. DL does it differently. On long haul they offer a plated midflight snack. They come through the cabin with a formal service. United just kind of has it available if you want it. DL only offers snack basket stuff TATL from midwest/ east. Same for D1 domestic

On eastbound West Coast TATL I have not gotten any mid-flight service aside from snack basket, perhaps because it is a redeye. On daytime westbound TATL to LAX/SEA/PDX I've had hot chocolate chip cookie service but no plated meal midflight (plus snack basket).
ijgordon and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:27 pm

DL1631
DCA-LAX

Excuse the 757 blue lighting. Everything was decent.

DL1908
LAX-JFK
Choices were Marinara Meatballs, Chicken Cacciatore or Baked Rigatoni

I don't know if the crew aren't following the heating instructions properly, but the food lost all warmth with-in a minute on the 767 flights I've had recently. Dish was fine as soon as I scraped those mushrooms and tomatoes off the top.
sspontak likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, National Exec. Elite
ATL - SCL D1 meal selection

I have an upcoming overnight flight ATL-SCL in D1 and I am pre-selecting my meal. I think the Beef Churrasco sounds the best. Any experience with any of these meals? The moqueca sounds like something I would like, but a seafood stew sounds risky for a meal on a plane?

​​​​​​​
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Fishwiz
I have an upcoming overnight flight ATL-SCL in D1 and I am pre-selecting my meal. I think the Beef Churrasco sounds the best. Any experience with any of these meals? The moqueca sounds like something I would like, but a seafood stew sounds risky for a meal on a plane?
I don't have experience with either of those but IMO I would be happy with either of them for a meal. Would like to see pics of them.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
I don't have experience with either of those but IMO I would be happy with either of them for a meal. Would like to see pics of them.
Ill try to get a picture of my meal, but it's unlikely that I'll get a pic of both.

If anyone has pics already, that would be very helpful in my decision.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Fishwiz
Ill try to get a picture of my meal, but it's unlikely that I'll get a pic of both.

If anyone has pics already, that would be very helpful in my decision.
I know it sounds pretty unappealing, but I had the ravioli last weekn and they were pretty good
AeRoSpaceman and Fishwiz like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
DL1355 DEN-ATL
3:36 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Lunch

Here's my muffuletta: with salami, ham, cheese (provolone and fontina, so it said) and herb spread.

It was not soggy. Served with a gherkin, Cape Cod kettle chips (a tiny, 1/2 ounce bag) and a Dancing Deer oatmeal raisin cookie. Woodford was solid as always.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DL can’t even serve a full sized sandwich? That’s like a quarter or half part of a regular sized sandwich.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
DL can’t even serve a full sized sandwich? That’s like a quarter or half part of a regular sized sandwich.
I was thinking the same thing. Kinda cheaped out on that one..
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, Global Entry, Non-Rev
Unfortunately no pics (you'll learn why in a moment) but flew yesterday on DL1934, ATL-MSP. Choices were beef tenderloin or some sort of chicken salad. I went with the beef tenderloin, had potatoes & spinach with it along with a side caesar salad and a packaged cookie. Maybe I had low expectations but it was pretty good, the beef was cooked well, not well done nor raw, and everything that accompanied it along with the salad and cookie were good enough for a flight this short.

Now this was a good meal while holding our trays down and wolfing it down so the FA's could come and grab them. I'd say 90% of the flight experienced light-moderate turbulence, with FA's being seated at the request of the pilots for almost 75% of the flight, for good reason as we definitely hit a few patches of heavier turbulence, bad weather at almost every altitude East of the Mississippi. I have to hand it to the crew, in between the bumps they managed to get our drinks and serve us dinner including refills. Coach only got a brief water service and comfort got any drink on request.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Yeah, DL can't even serve a full-sized sandwich in F in 2020. How exactly did airlines afford to serve comp meals in domestic Y 25 years ago? 🙃
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:11 am

LGA - TPA
DL 1875
Lunch
(Charcuterie with Prosciutto and Salami)
Jan 2020

Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Quick question - have a flight later this year from Detroit (DTW) to Denver (DEN) in first class that says lunch is involved. What kind of menu can one expect for lunch on that route?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Upcoming SEA - RDU flight got choice of either burger or Tandoori Chicken Salad.

Any recent experiences or pictures of the tandoori salad? Inclined to go for the tandoor as long as it’s not a gross mayo-laden chicken salad (which would be odd with tandoori but want to check)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.