Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
I hope you got some sort of compensation. If the FA asked me that question I would have said "Not hungry enough to hold a tray in my lap and get food all over myself". That's terrible and an easy fix at a hub and maybe at some outstations.
I sent a note to Twitter and got 10000 miles. Nothing was offered from the FA.
I agree it seems crazy that in ATL it couldn't be fixed. Also looks like the out of service sticker is a little worn and been there prior to my flight (picture was taken before take off).

Was curious what would have been done if I did want to eat.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77

Was curious what would have been done if I did want to eat.

Happened to me once. I use a pillow to support the tray on my lap. Not ideal.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I sent a note to Twitter and got 10000 miles. Nothing was offered from the FA.
Is this a trend? I had a seat where the power outlet wasn't working, even after they rebooted the system twice. My Diamond friend told me that the purser would give me 3,000 miles on his iPad. I was offered nothing. I sent them a pic on twitter of the power outlet, and they gave me 9,000 miles.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by diburning
Is this a trend? I had a seat where the power outlet wasn't working, even after they rebooted the system twice. My Diamond friend told me that the purser would give me 3,000 miles on his iPad. I was offered nothing. I sent them a pic on twitter of the power outlet, and they gave me 9,000 miles.
What are you talking about, a trend? They offer compensation - especially for either Medallions and/or paid F/D1 customers (many customers are both, which is fine but doesn't give you additional compensation) - via the FAs handhelds, Twitter DMs, or the Medallion Desk. The Comment/Complaint link on the website can also handle these issues, but generally takes longer to get a response (but folks who don't use Twitter and/or don't have Medallion status may have to go this route).

Not all FAs offer you proactively. However, if there is a legitimate cabin issue (e.g. power outlets don't work, entertainment system/TVs don't work, tray table doesn't work, pre-ordered meal not loaded or honored, etc.) then the FAs have a way to offer compensation using their DL-provided devices. Sometimes you just have to politely ask, especially if the issue affected you seriously, you feel strongly about it, it inhibited you from working, etc. No big deal. But this it OT for the meal thread - I just didn't even understand the trend you were referring to.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM
Flying ATL-PVR in a couple days, choices are Honey Sriracha Chicken (topped with bleu cheese crumbles, served with autumn vegetable medley and potato wedges) or Smoked Mozzarella Ravioli (served in a vodka sauce) - anyone had either of these??
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
ATL-LGA
A321
Breakfast

Cold Turkey & Egg wrap with salsa on the side. Would have preferred this to be a warm/hot meal like the breakfast burrito.

AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
DL 1110 LAX-ATL today. SDC’d to this flight and choices were Chicken Salad (no elaboration from FA) or Vegetarian Lasagna. All that was left was the salad when they got to row 3. It was OK.
Service was good and despite being bumpier than my recent ATL-SJC flight posted above the FA’s were up and working the entire flight.

Roll was warmed up.

Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
However, if there is a legitimate cabin issue (e.g. power outlets don't work, entertainment system/TVs don't work, tray table doesn't work, pre-ordered meal not loaded or honored, etc.) then the FAs have a way to offer compensation using their DL-provided devices. Sometimes you just have to politely ask, especially if the issue affected you seriously, you feel strongly about it, it inhibited you from working, etc. No big deal. But this it OT for the meal thread - I just didn't even understand the trend you were referring to.
I didn't say that there's a trend, I asked if there was one. The non functioning power out did inhibit me from working, and charging my device (laptop) while I was enoying my meal. I've never had this happen to me, so that's why I asked my DM friend who said that the FAs should offer some SkyPesos from an iPad.

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Not all FAs offer you proactively.
That's all I wanted to know.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: DL PM
Chicken Salad
pretty sure that was the Nicoise (spelling?) salad.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
https://news.delta.com/delta-gets-sp...mestic-flights

Delta is adding spiked seltzer to flights as of March - oh, goodie

The real takeaway here is that the upcoming "Cocktail of the Moment"©® [capitalization DL's] will be a Lavender Sour©® [capitalization DL's]. Unlike all of the previous "cocktails," it doesn't look like this one can be made using ingredients already on the carts, so a new syrup or mixer is getting added - so much for all of those who thought DL refused to restock barf bags to save a/c weight.
diburning, strickerj and hhdl like this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
DL 4106: IAH to MSP
February 23, 2020
Canadair CRJ-900, Dinner

Two choices for this flight were the Tarragon Chicken Salad (this actually a "chicken salad" and not a "salad with chicken") or the Smoked Turkey Wrap. I had the latter on the outbound but didn't take a picture; it was served with chips and a packet of Grey Poupon, and was okay although nothing to write home about.

The chicken salad was also decent - not nearly as bad as some of the reviews upthread which seem to universally pan it. For a short flight on a CR9 it was quite pleasant, although it may have helped that I spent most of the day stuffing myself with various Texan foods before I left

Interestingly (not sure if this new info or not) we learned it is in fact possible to make a special meal request on Delta Connection. We ordered a vegetarian meal for my companion on the return and it was correctly loaded, but unfortunately it was pretty awful (cold limp sliced sandwich bread and a uninspiring assortment of vegetables with no sauce) so not a huge improvement over the normal meal service, even for a vegetarian.

The regular cookie was delicious.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Smithwicks70
pretty sure that was the Nicoise (spelling?) salad.
That’s what I figured. The pre order for my original flight was the Chicken Nicoise Salad or Vegetarian Lasagna.

I was just glad I got to enjoy a rare unicorn of warm bread on Delta.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by ekozie
https://news.delta.com/delta-gets-sp...mestic-flights

Delta is adding spiked seltzer to flights as of March - oh, goodie

The real takeaway here is that the upcoming "Cocktail of the Moment"©® [capitalization DL's] will be a Lavender Sour©® [capitalization DL's]. Unlike all of the previous "cocktails," it doesn't look like this one can be made using ingredients already on the carts, so a new syrup or mixer is getting added - so much for all of those who thought DL refused to restock barf bags to save a/c weight.
Should have gone with “There Are No Laws When Drinking” a Whiteclaw.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:12 am

ATL-CDG appetizers: potato soup with crispy mushroom chips, salad with golden beets and deviled eggs. Very tasty!

Entree: chicken pot pie. Delicious! Puff pastry top, creamy sauce and the veggies were all still a bit crunchy rather than mush. I was very impressed.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:18 am

ATL-CDG breakfast sandwich of egg, Canadian bacon and cheese. Overcooked to the point I couldn’t cut it and barely chew it. The sauce was super spicy which the only reason I was able to choke some down. Croissant was welcome since the sandwich was disappointing and the fruit was a bit too soft. After a fabulous dinner this was a complete miss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.