Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
ATL-BOG is switching to D1 service, and upguaging year-round to the 763.

https://news.delta.com/delta-introdu...ice-year-round
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dafunk10
We're flying between LIM and CUZ in early February. I was holding on booking the flights until the LATAM purchase details were finalized, but does anyone think there will be any resolution as to whether DL members will earn on LATAM flights before then (maybe as of 2/1)?
I wouldn't guess we can earn for at least a few more months.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, United
Originally Posted by ekozie
ATL-BOG is switching to D1 service, and upguaging year-round to the 763.

https://news.delta.com/delta-introdu...ice-year-round
Oh that's why I got an itinerary change..
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
For those keeping tabs on the LATAM acquisition/integration, LATAM has moved up their departure from oneworld from October to May 1st.6.6.0
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:46 pm
Suspended

When do you think will it be possible to credit LATAM flights to SkyMiles?

I realize it's quite unlikely they'll join ST in the near future. But there could still be some partial integration into SkyMiles like with Westjet or Virgin Atlantic.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
When do you think will it be possible to credit LATAM flights to SkyMiles?

I realize it's quite unlikely they'll join ST in the near future. But there could still be some partial integration into SkyMiles like with Westjet or Virgin Atlantic.
My best guess is that some form of FF reciprocity will be in place by this summer, but as the JV is approved and schedules, fares, service, etc. are aligned, I would expect tweaks to earnings/redemptions/elite recognition for the better part of two years.

I don't believe LATAM is planning on joining ST. They will, however, be a very close DL partner, so unless you routinely credit to another ST program, LATAM's alliance status for Delta flyers won't matter much.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:14 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Sorry if this has been discussed but has Delta announced an end date to it's GOL partnership? I'm thinking about some flights in December and am able to find GOL award availability now. Just wondering how long that will last.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
https://news.delta.com/delta-and-lat...irst-codeshare
  • Delta frequent flyers benefit from reciprocal mileage earn and redemption for flights flown on/after April 1, 2020.
  • Delta code now added on flights operated by LATAM’s affiliates in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru, giving customers more travel options
  • Additional codeshare agreement reached for flights operated by LATAM Airlines Brazil
  • Delta to co-locate at LATAM’s São Paulo/GRU hub
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: DL DM
    LATAM has shown up under the "core partners" list on DL's website. No chart has been posted yet though.
    angra and gt5889a like this.

Last edited by eneq; Feb 27, 2020 at 10:20 am
    Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
    Anyone know when Delta miles can be redeemed for LATAM flights? Need one over Memorial Day and all I can find is a vague April 1 date for possible redemption benefits. Thx.
    Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
    They've posted the earning chart for LA.

Anyone know how to find your booking class for an LA flight on their website?
    Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
    Originally Posted by Weekend Away

not sure if it shows it on LA’s website until you make the purchase but you for sure can looking at Expedia
    Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:03 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
    Did this deal officially close? When it was announced the PR stated "Delta will invest $1.9 billion for a 20 percent stake in LATAM through a public tender offer at $16 per share, to be funded principally with newly issued debt and available cash."

Given the change in climate wonder if this actually occurred or was slated to occur and will be delayed. LATAM itself is now worth less than $1.9B (a 20% stake is now worth ~$380M) and of course DL has dropped significantly in value and now has a market cap of ~$14B.

EDIT: Nevermind just found the SEC filing it was completed in January
    Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
    Originally Posted by Weekend Away

Thanks for the heads up. I was curious to see the chart.

Business class earnings is interesting. For most of the other Core Global Partners, business fares result in MQD's equal to 40% of miles flown. For Latam, 3 of 5 business class fare codes only earn 30%, plus a lower class fare bonus for Sky Miles earned. The earnings are similar to flying Premium Economy on Air France or Virgin Atlantic.

Given the poorer earnings with Latam, I probably will continue to use Aeromexico for trips to South America (if/when things return to normal).
    Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:51 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
    Originally Posted by Biscoff27
    Thanks for the heads up. I was curious to see the chart.

Business class earnings is interesting. For most of the other Core Global Partners, business fares result in MQD's equal to 40% of miles flown. For Latam, 3 of 5 business class fare codes only earn 30%, plus a lower class fare bonus for Sky Miles earned. The earnings are similar to flying Premium Economy on Air France or Virgin Atlantic.

Given the poorer earnings with Latam, I probably will continue to use Aeromexico for trips to South America (if/when things return to normal).
    Latam has always had cheaper J fares. In the past CI and LA were always the cheapest J fares for AKL/SYD travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.