TSA Pre✓ departing Canada?

Old Aug 20, 19, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Jeremy3292 View Post
This. You do not need your GE card when traveling by air, only by land according to US CBP. I had this problem in Canada and I finally was allowed to go through the NEXUS lanes in Toronto after a brief (civil) argument with the Canadian version of TSA. I never carry my GE card with me as all the information is in my passport already (i.e. GE). The problem is they don't have passport/boarding pass scanners at the beginning of security for some reason, at least in Toronto. So if you don't have a physical GE card to show, they can't validate your claim to be GE/NEXUS. Super annoying.
I always bring my card with me for expedited security. Itís not that heavy to carry. And also when I declare food at US Customs they often ask to see my NEXUS card.
Old Aug 20, 19, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post

I always bring my card with me for expedited security. Itís not that heavy to carry. And also when I declare food at US Customs they often ask to see my NEXUS card.
Agreed, but when the CBP tells you you don't need your card when traveling by air I wouldn't think to bring it along.
Old Aug 20, 19, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, UX Suma Gold, Marriott Bonvoyô️ Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post

This has never happened to me - Customs just wants to see my Global Entry declaration slip and passport when I make a declaration. What port of entry are you using, and are you using the GE kiosks or something else like mobile passport?
Old Aug 20, 19, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by BenA View Post

This has never happened to me - Customs just wants to see my Global Entry declaration slip and passport when I make a declaration. What port of entry are you using, and are you using the GE kiosks or something else like mobile passport?
I always declare food at the YYZ kiosk. Then the agent asks to see my NEXUS card and boarding pass and he/she scans the card. Zero upside in my view not to carry the NEXUS card with me especially for the expedited security.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: