Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New SLC airport opens September 15th, 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SLC airport opens September 15th, 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Not looking forward to my 40 minute connection from A to B in a couple of weeks but the widebody into SLC and getting Premium Select as C+ was the best routing between DL and AA options.

Basically my connection flight starts boarding shortly after my inbound lands....no time to see the SkyClub
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Not looking forward to my 40 minute connection from A to B in a couple of weeks but the widebody into SLC and getting Premium Select as C+ was the best routing between DL and AA options.

Basically my connection flight starts boarding shortly after my inbound lands....no time to see the SkyClub
40 minutes is plenty! True you likely won't get to see the new club, but you don't have to stress either, it'll likely take you only 10 minutes to get from gate to gate. The complaints are overblown
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by kjnangre
40 minutes is plenty! True you likely won't get to see the new club, but you don't have to stress either, it'll likely take you only 10 minutes to get from gate to gate. The complaints are overblown
Totally agree. Complaints are way overblown and exaggerated. Although the design is similar to DTW, the airport is much smaller. With some hustle, I made it from A to B in 5 minutes after a delayed flight to catch my connection (which I did).
AANYC1981 and MCO Flyer like this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by The Situation
Totally agree. Complaints are way overblown and exaggerated. Although the design is similar to DTW, the airport is much smaller. With some hustle, I made it from A to B in 5 minutes after a delayed flight to catch my connection (which I did).
Ive made similar timed connections in ATL from E to T in the same time and made it with ~20 mins to spare. The OP will be fine at SLC.
AANYC1981 and dcadwell like this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta PM
Yep. ATL is pretty easy to do in a tight window.

Looking forward to seeing the club on my return connection through SLC in a few weeks; no opportunity on the outbound.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Thanks for the replies!
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dcadwell
Yep. ATL is pretty easy to do in a tight window.

Looking forward to seeing the club on my return connection through SLC in a few weeks; no opportunity on the outbound.
The new club is very well done and I love the Sky Deck. A+ for Delta on this one!
ND76, Pocatello and dcadwell like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
The old airport is officially gone. Nothing left. I think they are way ahead of schedule.
Yes, they did. Ahead of schedule. They will continue to demolished the old terminals and old concourse, too. Take a lot of time.

Originally Posted by Pocatello
Yes, the new tunnel will connect A to B. The current tunnel from A to B is west of the main entrance.
Got it. thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 7:31 am
Suspended

Have people come to grips with the walk time between gates or is that still an issue?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Overheard at the slc skyclub yesterday:

"sir, your gate is b1... It's aboit a mile down that way" as she points down toward the concourse.
AANYC1981 and DLASflyer like this.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, Southwest A-List
When complete, the new tunnel will function alongside the old one, right?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ldonnelly
When complete, the new tunnel will function alongside the old one, right?
No, the central tunnel was designed to handle all the traffic to Concourse B as well as a future Concourse C
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by kjnangre
No, the central tunnel was designed to handle all the traffic to Concourse B as well as a future Concourse C
Actually, they will build the concourse B east later. Right now, they dont have to build new concourse C yet. Not yet.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Enilria
Have people come to grips with the walk time between gates or is that still an issue?
I really don't think that the problem is so much that it's a long way - it's more that it's new, and there are no familiar landmarks, so it *seems* like a long way. I have done several B to A connections and A to A connections with sky club visits, and I don't feel like it is any longer than many ATL connections, or MSP, or DTW.

YMMV
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
N830MH and Pocatello like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.