Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Air France / KLM O paid business class fare earning with Delta (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France / KLM O paid business class fare earning with Delta (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Just an update on this issue. While I have booked a future KL flight mixed fare (economy on the outbound, business/Z on the inboud) to avoid any discussion, I just noticed that the partner earning sheet on delta.com has been modified. It now lists "O" as an official earning class for Air France marketed flights. But not yet for KLM marketed flights. So it seems there is progress. It is just 100% MQM's and no class bonus for miles either. But heck, it's better than earning nothing.

As I have a 3+ hour schedule change on that ticket that I booked in V and Z combined and the O/O fare is still available, I could rebook free of charge - both legs in business/O is actually a couple of euro's cheaper than the V/Z combination fare that I am holding right now. So I'm going to try to contact Delta again and inquire about that change for Air France O class and if that is going to be the case for KLM as well.
taxicabnumber likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by roelb
Just an update on this issue. While I have booked a future KL flight mixed fare (economy on the outbound, business/Z on the inboud) to avoid any discussion, I just noticed that the partner earning sheet on delta.com has been modified. It now lists "O" as an official earning class for Air France marketed flights. But not yet for KLM marketed flights. So it seems there is progress. It is just 100% MQM's and no class bonus for miles either. But heck, it's better than earning nothing.

As I have a 3+ hour schedule change on that ticket that I booked in V and Z combined and the O/O fare is still available, I could rebook free of charge - both legs in business/O is actually a couple of euro's cheaper than the V/Z combination fare that I am holding right now. So I'm going to try to contact Delta again and inquire about that change for Air France O class and if that is going to be the case for KLM as well.
Good find! While it's kind of sh*tty that MQM earning is only 100% rather than 150%, this is still a heckuva lot better than before.

Wonder why they've updated the AF chart but not the KL chart?

EDIT: Looks like although the KL chart hasn't been updated, the earning itself has been changed. You can buy India-Europe flights under AF and KL flight numbers on Delta.com. I just made dummy bookings for DEL-CDG-LHR and DEL-AMS-LHR, both in O class, and while a month or two ago the "MQMs/SkyMiles earned" on the checkout page showed 0 miles, it now reflects 100% earning for both KL and AF.

I can finally book O fares to Asia!

Last edited by taxicabnumber; Jul 2, 2019 at 6:30 am
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I voiced my dissatisfaction, so maybe something will change: "We were not aware that Air France and KLM were selling revenue tickets booked in O class of service. The O class of service has always been an award class so no mileage credit is given. Please provide us with some examples and screen shots of these O fares so we can pass them on to our liaison for further research."
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:35 am

There's another thread on this issue here: revenue business fare ticketed in 'o' class....
It's good that they say they are open to investigating, and it's also good is that the AF chart was updated recently to show that paid O now earns with DL (which kind of contradicts the "we weren't aware" line). No change yet to KL, but I'd hope that will come soon (as should earning on AFKL marketed flights operated by VS).

They didn't change the effective date on the AF chart (1/1/18) so you could in theory argue that any claims should be backdated to then.
honzeek_cz likes this.

Last edited by blagger; Jul 6, 2019 at 10:56 am Reason: Correct date
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
good news but too late for me as i booked a higher fare for my flight last month....but for future reference, its great that 'o' is an earning class now....
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by blagger
There's another thread on this issue here: revenue business fare ticketed in 'o' class....
It's good that they say they are open to investigating, and it's also good is that the AF chart was updated recently to show that paid O now earns with DL (which kind of contradicts the "we weren't aware" line). No change yet to KL, but I'd hope that will come soon (as should earning on AFKL marketed flights operated by VS).

They didn't change the effective date on the AF chart (4/1/18) so you could in theory argue that any claims should be backdated to then.
Unless VS joins ST I dont see earnings coming on that. DL has been consistent for years. Codeshare must be operated by ST partner to earn.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold

They didn't change the effective date on the AF chart (1/1/18) so you could in theory argue that any claims should be backdated to then.
Thanks for the link, I was unable to find it when searching for this topic.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just for reference in this thread O is now earning. However I bet there'll be bugs since O is still also an award class.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by roelb
The KLM earning sheet was updated this week and now lists O class. Same earning as Air France. Result!
Grouchy and roelb like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The KLM earning sheet was updated this week and now lists O class. Same earning as Air France. Result!
Do you mean that KLM/AF O fares (revenue) now earn DL miles? Or is this for FB earning on revenue O fares?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean that KLM/AF O fares (revenue) now earn DL miles? Or is this for FB earning on revenue O fares?
dl miles....
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
So, after reviewing the revised KL earnings chart that adds some mileage for O fares and reads ‘Mileage earn after Jan 1, 2018’ I submitted another request for my AMS-PEK-CTU-AMS flight June-July 2018, explaining that I thought I might qualify based on the date.
First response asked for receipt (which only showed business and not booking code) and boarding passes. I had PDFs from my attempt immediately after the trip, so sent them along.
Yesterday I got an email from a Diamond Desk agent telling me that they couldn’t submit to KL for credit because 9 months had passed. But, that I was getting 11,000 miles for the inconvenience. Actual base miles at 100% are about 10,700. No MQDs or MQMs but we are in a new year.
Special treatment for a DM 2MM, maybe, but for me a reasonable fix for the KL O issue given what the BUD-CTU ticket cost in total.
Keyser and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
So it's now been a few months since this was updated. Any further data points? Do O fares seem to automatically post or do you wind up having to call and fight? Does booking via delta.com make a difference?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:32 pm

Deep discount business AF/KL in "O" class

Noticed some ultra-discounted business class tickets between Europe and SE Asia in "O" class by AF and KL. For example ZRH-SIN/KUL/DPS/etc about $2400-$2500 roundtrip.

It's the same class "O" as business award, right? Spot check of several flights confirmed consistency between award availability and availavility discount business O fares.

It's the first time I see paid ticket booking in the same class as award. According to Delta chart, "O" earns 100% base and status miles but no class bonus miles

Anyone had experience actually getting skymiles posted for paid "O"? I was initially looking at award ticket, but $2400 is a better deal compared to 180K + some taxes roundtrip, especially if $2400 is mileage earning.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

This has been discussed many times. Currently DL only has granted earnings for AF O, but not for KL O.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.