Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Air France / KLM O paid business class fare earning with Delta (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France / KLM O paid business class fare earning with Delta (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
I think that this is a kind of glitch because "O" was ( or is? ) a award/upgrade class for Delta and therefore listed as "not eligible" with Skymiles. I mean, really, no miles for an paid business ticket but miles for an deeply discounted "X" class ticket?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
I think that this is a kind of glitch because "O" was ( or is? ) a award/upgrade class for Delta and therefore listed as "not eligible" with Skymiles. I mean, really, no miles for an paid business ticket but miles for an deeply discounted "X" class ticket?
In the context of this thread, which is KL-marketed fares, an “X” fare is the other outlier and does not earn miles either. But the point remains: a deeply discounted “V” fare earns 100% MQM while a far more expensive “O” fare (4x the V fare in the DEL-FRA case) earns nada.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ajggiant
However, both the O and Z fares currently on sale have the note below, expiring 10FEB. Curious what will happen after that, perhaps the O will disappear and the Z will return at the previous pricing, then you can change to Z for a INR 8335/~USD 117 fee.

UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 02FEB 19 AND ON/BEFORE
10FEB 19.
its 11th feb now & i checked the fares again today....the 'o' fare is still available for the same price....
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Keyser
its 11th feb now & i checked the fares again today....the 'o' fare is still available for the same price....
Sorry to hear. I checked EF and ticketing deadline has been extended to 26FEB19. Still $400 more for Z class.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

Sorry to hear. I checked EF and ticketing deadline has been extended to 26FEB19. Still $400 more for Z class.
i guess i can wait till 26th feb....my flight isn't till june....
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I assume the expertflyer "ticketing date" function is accurate. On 01FEB, there was a Z fare with a $695 base fare (+surcharges/taxes, etc.) available up until 04FEB, and no O fares. Since 02FEB, the O fare (Promotional Business Class) has been introduced ($690), and post 04FEB, the Z fare jumps to ($1055). However, both the O and Z fares currently on sale have the note below, expiring 10FEB. Curious what will happen after that, perhaps the O will disappear and the Z will return at the previous pricing, then you can change to Z for a INR 8335/~USD 117 fee.

UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 02FEB 19 AND ON/BEFORE
10FEB 19.
today the 'o' fare has fallen further....its now become cheaper by another $150....
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:01 am

Klm "o" class

just booked a revenue ticket on KLM with delta. my returned portion is in "O" class. never seen such a business fare class out of all the years with KLM. their business fare classes are J, C, D, I & Z. went to delta.com and "O" was no where to be found to earn MQMs or MQDs. DM desk could not figure this out either. anyone has dealt with this situation before? please advise. thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
I think this is a very discounted KLM booking class for business in some markets. AFAIK it does not earn ANY miles on DL.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:19 am

thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Existing discussion from a couple days ago -- revenue business fare ticketed in 'o' class....
Discount roundtrip biz fare (appears specific to certain Asian markets) that earns no miles/MQM's.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 13, 2019 at 6:49 am
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Right, no earnings. I got 'burned' last summer on a really cheap business fare BUD-AMS-CTU-AMS-BUID. Sort of burned, the price was really great and I did earn for KLM business on the BUD-AMS legs.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta DM
I'm in sort of a similar situation. I recently booked an award ticket through VS on DL metal in D1 LAX-SYD-LAX that is listing the fare code as "O". For a price (similar to the $400 mentioned above) does anyone know if I would I be able to upgrade to a fare class that will earn miles, MQMs, and MQD's?

OPS
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattya9
I'm in sort of a similar situation. I recently booked an award ticket through VS on DL metal in D1 LAX-SYD-LAX that is listing the fare code as "O". For a price (similar to the $400 mentioned above) does anyone know if I would I be able to upgrade to a fare class that will earn miles, MQMs, and MQD's?

OPS
Have you looked at the DL/partner earning charts to determine whether or not fare class O on VS for a DL operated flight earns MQMs and MQDs?
O on VS isn't necessarily treated the same as O on KLM.

CANCEL THAT RESPONSE: If it's an award ticket, it will NOT earn anything and the only way to "upgrade" it to earn would be to cancel the award ticket and purchase a new ticket with money.
gooselee likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mattya9

OPS
the 'o' fare in my situation is a discounted business class revenue fare....since your ticket is an award ticket therefore it will not earn miles, mqms, etc....
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Copy that you guys. That's what I figured but thought I would ask anyway. As my dad always says "The answer is always no until you ask!".

OPS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.