Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status (new status recovery program announced)

Reclaim My Status (new status recovery program announced)

Old Feb 10, 20, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Does anyone know if they are behind on doing this? The website said allow five days and maybe up to two weeks for processing. I filed a week ago today and haven't heard anything. From a selfish standpoint, I have a relatively expensive double connection today and was hoping it would count. This gold thing is hampering my style . 38/80 on the upgrade list makes me sad.
Old Feb 10, 20, 7:06 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
Does anyone know if they are behind on doing this? The website said allow five days and maybe up to two weeks for processing. I filed a week ago today and haven't heard anything. From a selfish standpoint, I have a relatively expensive double connection today and was hoping it would count. This gold thing is hampering my style . 38/80 on the upgrade list makes me sad.
Same for me, I submitted a week ago and wasn't sure if there is a confirmation notification that they received it or not.
Old Feb 10, 20, 9:21 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
They probably are overwhelmed with request right now due to many people dropping or loosing status all together on 2/1/2020.
Old Feb 10, 20, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/Marriott Gold/RCCL D+/Celebrity Elite/Princess Elite
Originally Posted by island82 View Post
Same for me, I submitted a week ago and wasn't sure if there is a confirmation notification that they received it or not.
In the same boat here... applied last week, haven't heard back.

I'm a bit concerned that they might not have received my submission. I'm surprised that they don't have some type of auto confirmation telling you that they got your request and will get back to you in 1 to 2 weeks.
Old Feb 10, 20, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I'm trying to understand what happens if you don't make it all the way to the top status you're trying to reclaim. I started this program last October when I was a PM; DL gave me a chance to reclaim Diamond, since I was diamond in all of 2018. I didn't make it to the DM threshold in the three months, but I did make the PM threshold of 18,750 MQMs. By my understanding of the Reclaim my Status (RMS) program, whatever status you reach in those three months should be good for the rest of that year and all of the next year. However, DL is now showing my status as gold. When I called, the rep contacted the SkyMiles desk, which said that because I didn't make it all the way to Diamond, RMS didn't count at all, and thus I only have the status I earned based on my MQMs for calendar year 2019, which was between 50,000 and 75,000. I tried arguing based on this clause on the RMS FAQs:

Originally Posted by dl.com
Can I earn a different Medallion Status than I earned last year?
As another example, if you previously had Gold Medallion Status, and at the end of your complimentary three months of Gold Medallion Status, you have only met the thresholds for Silver Medallion Status, you will be given Silver Medallion Status for that year and the following year.
That tells me that if you don't make it to the maximum medallion level you "challenged" to, you still get to keep whatever you did make. I tried arguing that on the phone to no avail. Who's right? Should I be Platinum because I made it that far in RMS or Gold because I didn't make it all the way to the top and so RMS didn't count?
Old Feb 10, 20, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL
Filed in August for my husband. He had been unable to travel for about 6 months and was ready to begin again. It took about 4 or 5 days, but they emailed me/him to say he'd have to wait until the end of January when his status actually dropped to ***GASP*** silver.

I filed again on the 30th of January, hoping that by the time they got it it, he'd qualify. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming that the application when through, but it really would be nice to have some time of confirmation email.
Old Feb 10, 20, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Originally Posted by 1oftheLuvs View Post
In the same boat here... applied last week, haven't heard back.

I'm a bit concerned that they might not have received my submission. I'm surprised that they don't have some type of auto confirmation telling you that they got your request and will get back to you in 1 to 2 weeks.
That is probably why I posted here since I never actually got any confirmation but it looks like all of us are in the same boat. Three segments would have been a good start today.
LOCommish likes this.
Old Feb 11, 20, 4:39 am

Regarding timing, my wife submitted a request January 15th. There was no confirmation email so we also thought maybe it was not received. However, she received a confirmation back on January 17th that the status match was confirmed and would start January 18th. So it was a 2 day turnaround for her to receive a response.
Old Feb 11, 20, 7:41 am

It was my understanding that they couldn't process until after the actual status drop (end of January). Was that true in your wife's case?
Old Feb 11, 20, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by LOCommish View Post
It was my understanding that they couldn't process until after the actual status drop (end of January). Was that true in your wife's case?
She was platinum last year, through Jan 31, but dropped to silver for 2020. They recognized the match, probably because it was after the 12/31/19 earning period. So she technically never lost platinum as she still had it for the month of January, but then, due to match, was extended until April 18.
LOCommish likes this.
Old Feb 11, 20, 10:01 am

Rats. Now I wish I'd filed for him sooner.

Thanks for the reply!
Old Feb 13, 20, 9:12 am

Delta "Reclaim" Silence

Anyone else having trouble getting a response from whoever handles the "Reclaim" status? Long story short, I sent in a request in January and they politely replied that I had to wait till Feb 1st (My mistake) for the year to end. So I sent in Feb 1st, no response. Feb 9th, no response. Won't go into the details, but I've been DM since it started and my case is crystal clear. Curious of others experiences. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 20, 9:28 am

Filed paperwork for my husband on 1/30 - he received confirmation email yesterday and when he boarded his flight this morning, he was platinum again. Pretty much right at the two week point.
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:22 am

Filed for my husband on January 30th. No word until yesterday when he got the confirmation email. Just about 2 weeks to the day.
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:37 am

Helpful. Thanks!
LOCommish likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: