Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
my advice would be to apply this year - and hit it. they will likely retain the rollover that way. Silver int his program is very easy to hit if you fly much at all.
Thanks. I thought about that, but I think for the program to work I have to have lost status already. I have Silver this year, so I have to wait until next year to apply. At least that's how I read the FAQs: "You are not able to submit a request for a Tier you currently have and your Status must have already changed before submitting a request."

I think this leaves me taking a MQD run in December.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Psidium
Thanks. I thought about that, but I think for the program to work I have to have lost status already. I have Silver this year, so I have to wait until next year to apply. At least that's how I read the FAQs: "You are not able to submit a request for a Tier you currently have and your Status must have already changed before submitting a request."

I think this leaves me taking a MQD run in December.

I was silver this year and did it. I lost diamond at the end of 2017 but earned silver in 2017 and 2018 (for 2019).

They are pretty permissive with this - I think you can qualify now. So long as hit silver this year you are good.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Let me make sure I understand this.

I am currently DM. 1Q2019 resulted in zero travel due to medical issue. I will only get enough to get to GM for 2020. So, as I understand, I must wait until after Jan 1 to apply (since I haven't yet dropped). Surely I don't need to wait until Feb. 1, do I? They won't let me apply BEFORE Jan. 1 at the earliest, right? I should be able to meet the DM requalification during 1Q and that will get me DM until 2022?

My brain hurts too much to figure out choice benefits.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by indufan
Let me make sure I understand this.

I am currently DM. 1Q2019 resulted in zero travel due to medical issue. I will only get enough to get to GM for 2020. So, as I understand, I must wait until after Jan 1 to apply (since I haven't yet dropped). Surely I don't need to wait until Feb. 1, do I? They won't let me apply BEFORE Jan. 1 at the earliest, right? I should be able to meet the DM requalification during 1Q and that will get me DM until 2022?

My brain hurts too much to figure out choice benefits.
According to the T&Cs, you must wait to submit your request until your status drops to a lower level, so you can submit it anytime theoretically from February 1st, 2020 - the end of the year. As far as Choice Benefits go, you won't be able to select them until you complete the challenge.

T&Cs from DL.com
If you have not yet lost your Status or moved to a lower Tier but anticipate losing it due a life event you are currently experiencing, you must wait to submit your request until your Status changes.
  • If you enroll in Reclaim My Status between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 and you meet the thresholds, your Medallion Status will be extended through January 31, 2022

Will I be eligible to select Choice Benefits?

Members who receive three months of complimentary Diamond or Platinum Medallion Status will not be eligible to select Choice Benefits if they do not meet the thresholds to extend Status beyond the complimentary 3-month period.

If you meet the thresholds to earn Diamond or Platinum Medallion Status, you will then be eligible to select Choice Benefits for the following year. For example: If you are enrolled in Reclaim My Status on 6/1/19 and earn Platinum Medallion Status through Reclaim My Status on 8/15/19, you will earn Platinum Medallion Status until 01/31/21. You are then eligible to select 2020 Choice Benefits (which you have until 1/31/21 to select, but you can choose to select them immediately). Learn more about Choice Benefits.

Last edited by MCO Flyer; Dec 17, 2019 at 5:50 pm
Old Dec 19, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I got my e-mail from Delta yesterday (12/19) afternoon.

Delta wants a cash payment of $4,995 for me to be promoted from PM to DM, even though I'm just $4,644 MQDs short of DM (with rollovers, I'm sitting on 192,875 MQMs, so I'll have 117,875 MQMs to start off 2020).

I had surgery last week and I'm on the shelf, flying-wise, until early February. I'm not sure how much domestic air travel I'm going to do in 2020, even though I can see 3MM in the distance (I've got 111,000 MQMs to go). I think I'm going to pass on Delta's "offer" and be happy with PM status for 2020.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ND76
I got my e-mail from Delta yesterday (12/19) afternoon.

Delta wants a cash payment of $4,995 for me to be promoted from PM to DM, even though I'm just $4,644 MQDs short of DM (with rollovers, I'm sitting on 192,875 MQMs, so I'll have 117,875 MQMs to start off 2020).

I had surgery last week and I'm on the shelf, flying-wise, until early February. I'm not sure how much domestic air travel I'm going to do in 2020, even though I can see 3MM in the distance (I've got 111,000 MQMs to go). I think I'm going to pass on Delta's "offer" and be happy with PM status for 2020.
This sounds like a "buy your status" offer that many of us can see in our DL FF accounts around this time of year. DL uses personal prices that seem to be higher for higher tiers to be achieved. Often the offers involve purchasing MQDs at about a 1:1 price, although the package includes MQSs (worthless to many of us) and MQMs that are added to rollover.

"Reclaim Your Status" is a new DL initiative to permit those who have lost status due to medical/family events (or AFAICT military deployment) to essentially receive a (free) status challenge to earn back the previous status level.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Zorak
The Delta page has this to say:

Will I receive Rollover MQMs if I meet the thresholds?

If you successfully complete Reclaim My Status, you are eligible for Rollover MQMs based on your earned Medallion Status (but only for the MQMs earned above the published annual Medallion Status qualification threshold).

They go on to give a specific example, but it only covers reclaiming Silver. However in other gifted/complimentary status situations it seems like you can rollover any MQMs in excess of whatever highest level you achieve the "normal" way even if that is lower than the complimentary status, so presumably the same thing would occur here.
I am assuming all 2020 MQM rollovers are now complete, and if that's the case, I can report on above. I qualified for DM via reclaim my status program. Absent the program, I would have qualified for PM for 2019, with about 95K MQM and $18K MQD. Despite being 20K MQM over PM threshold, I did not receive any MQM rollover.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:23 pm

I changed jobs in 2019 which limited my flying. Technically my 2019 status lasts through 1/31/20. However it will change effective 2/1/20.

Does anybody know if I can submit the request now or must I wait until Feb 1st?

I probably will submit the request as I have a couple bigger trips booked at the end of Jan / beginning of Feb. The worst they can say is 'no' and then I reapply later.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if they are behind on doing this? The website said allow five days and maybe up to two weeks for processing. I filed a week ago today and haven't heard anything. From a selfish standpoint, I have a relatively expensive double connection today and was hoping it would count. This gold thing is hampering my style . 38/80 on the upgrade list makes me sad.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: WP
Does anyone know if they are behind on doing this? The website said allow five days and maybe up to two weeks for processing. I filed a week ago today and haven't heard anything. From a selfish standpoint, I have a relatively expensive double connection today and was hoping it would count. This gold thing is hampering my style . 38/80 on the upgrade list makes me sad.
Same for me, I submitted a week ago and wasn't sure if there is a confirmation notification that they received it or not.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
They probably are overwhelmed with request right now due to many people dropping or loosing status all together on 2/1/2020.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/Marriott Gold/RCCL D+/Celebrity Elite/Princess Elite
Originally Posted by island82
Same for me, I submitted a week ago and wasn't sure if there is a confirmation notification that they received it or not.
In the same boat here... applied last week, haven't heard back.

I'm a bit concerned that they might not have received my submission. I'm surprised that they don't have some type of auto confirmation telling you that they got your request and will get back to you in 1 to 2 weeks.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I'm trying to understand what happens if you don't make it all the way to the top status you're trying to reclaim. I started this program last October when I was a PM; DL gave me a chance to reclaim Diamond, since I was diamond in all of 2018. I didn't make it to the DM threshold in the three months, but I did make the PM threshold of 18,750 MQMs. By my understanding of the Reclaim my Status (RMS) program, whatever status you reach in those three months should be good for the rest of that year and all of the next year. However, DL is now showing my status as gold. When I called, the rep contacted the SkyMiles desk, which said that because I didn't make it all the way to Diamond, RMS didn't count at all, and thus I only have the status I earned based on my MQMs for calendar year 2019, which was between 50,000 and 75,000. I tried arguing based on this clause on the RMS FAQs:

Originally Posted by dl.com
Can I earn a different Medallion Status than I earned last year?
As another example, if you previously had Gold Medallion Status, and at the end of your complimentary three months of Gold Medallion Status, you have only met the thresholds for Silver Medallion Status, you will be given Silver Medallion Status for that year and the following year.
That tells me that if you don't make it to the maximum medallion level you "challenged" to, you still get to keep whatever you did make. I tried arguing that on the phone to no avail. Who's right? Should I be Platinum because I made it that far in RMS or Gold because I didn't make it all the way to the top and so RMS didn't count?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL
Filed in August for my husband. He had been unable to travel for about 6 months and was ready to begin again. It took about 4 or 5 days, but they emailed me/him to say he'd have to wait until the end of January when his status actually dropped to ***GASP*** silver.

I filed again on the 30th of January, hoping that by the time they got it it, he'd qualify. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming that the application when through, but it really would be nice to have some time of confirmation email.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1oftheLuvs
In the same boat here... applied last week, haven't heard back.

I'm a bit concerned that they might not have received my submission. I'm surprised that they don't have some type of auto confirmation telling you that they got your request and will get back to you in 1 to 2 weeks.
That is probably why I posted here since I never actually got any confirmation but it looks like all of us are in the same boat. Three segments would have been a good start today.
LOCommish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.