Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brag tags for every medallion member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by enviroian
Do you have tags? You certainly let us know you’re a DM.
Sometimes yes, for reasons that have been expressed before in previous versions of brag tag threads, e.g. you never know, it might mean the difference between a FA finding room in an overhead or in the closet vs having to gate check.

I took you're missing the point though. I s merely pointing out the irony of deriding others for feeling the need to show off, by bragging on an Internet forum about how you don't need to show off.
hockeystl likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Zorak
Sometimes yes, for reasons that have been expressed before in previous versions of brag tag threads, e.g. you never know, it might mean the difference between a FA finding room in an overhead or in the closet vs having to gate check.

I took you're missing the point though. I s merely pointing out the irony of deriding others for feeling the need to show off, by bragging on an Internet forum about how you don't need to show off.
I’m bragging?? lol. No. By saying I think it’s silly isn’t “bragging” at all.

I use no tags and feel it’s not necessary to list on my user profile here on FT what my “status” is. No need to turn it around on me.

FWIW the day a flight attendant opens up bin space because of your brag tags hanging off your roller board, ya let me know.

Sheesh.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I’m bragging?? lol. No. By saying I think it’s silly isn’t “bragging” at all.

I use no tags and feel it’s not necessary to list on my user profile here on FT what my “status” is. No need to turn it around on me.
IMO there's a difference between "I don't think they're any use" and "I laugh when I see one" but ok, fair enough. I apologize and retract the "bragging" bit.

FWIW the day a flight attendant opens up bin space because of your brag tags hanging off your roller board, ya let me know.

Sheesh.
Mind you, I​​​​​ don't consider it particularly *likely* to make a difference, but it also can't hurt.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

Sheesh.
This has happened to me on multiple occasions; when boarding late right on the cusp of bins filling up, if I’d otherwise have been directed to gate check my bag, the F/A has seen the tags and offered to stash my bag in the forward coat closet instead. Particularly prevalent on regional jets, but has happened on mainline too. It’s usually paired with a cordial “thanks a million”/“Thank you for flying so much with us, glad we could help” sort of exchange that indicates the status tags were in fact what prompted them to make the offer.

(I agree the tags are by and large silly, but they aren’t a complete no-op.)
hockeystl and puntamita like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Eddie98
I put my DM tags on my wife's luggage. She has no status.

It’s more fun to put no status tags on your bags and then get upgraded. It sends some people who have nothing better to do racing to the desk to make sure they were nit robbed of their upgrade.

TheStrongOne likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I still have my collection of NW, CO, and DL tags from back in the late 90s and early 00s...got them every year as Platinum and Gold and sometimes as Silver. Not sure why I still have them sitting in my drawer along with my cards lol.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

It’s more fun to put no status tags on your bags and then get upgraded. It sends some people who have nothing better to do racing to the desk to make sure they were nit robbed of their upgrade.

Better than KM tags would be “SkyMiles Member” tags...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

I see people say versions of this all the time, but does anyone *actually* think this?

Given that Delta will sell a seat up front to any Medallion level, or *no* Medallion level, will put someone in First due to irrops, and probably other methods that I can't think of right now....are people really burning cycles over trying to figure out how everyone else got their seat up front? Is there a particular place that you can stand in the gate area where you can see who got upgraded vs who paid - AND their Medallion level?

Maybe I should just look for the crowd of FT'ers?
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Oh, boo.

I was hoping this was for 2019. I'm not going to achieve any status for 2020,so I'll miss out.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I put my DM tag on my 3rd graders backpack. She loves it!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
The tags are an inexpensive marketing tool for DL. Get FO's and others to put them on their bags. People will do it. It's like wearing branded apparel. It's a walking advertisement.

I keep a PM tag on my backpack because it's one of the old ones with a barcode tied to your SkyMiles account. In the early days of the DL app and electronic boarding passes the barcode could be scanned at the gate in the event of an issue with your mobile boarding pass. I have no idea if the old barcode works anymore.

I have gotten a few comments from DM folks passing me in F on their way to Y asking how I got upgraded. It's funny some people don't seem to realize you can buy the F seats ;-)
TheStrongOne likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I see people say versions of this all the time, but does anyone *actually* think this?

Given that Delta will sell a seat up front to any Medallion level, or *no* Medallion level, will put someone in First due to irrops, and probably other methods that I can't think of right now....are people really burning cycles over trying to figure out how everyone else got their seat up front? Is there a particular place that you can stand in the gate area where you can see who got upgraded vs who paid - AND their Medallion level?

Maybe I should just look for the crowd of FT'ers?

Seen it done more than once. I watched one man go up after EVERY upgrade cleared and say "Are you sure he/she was ahead OF ME on the list"? And then there was the man who got on the plane and began quizzing all of us seated in First "How did you get to sit here, I was first on the upgrade list"? Best response was the woman next to me "I am old and rich so I PAID for this seat". (FA moved him along before he could complete his validation of the first class seating plan)
TheStrongOne likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by The Situation
Hopefully, they will have a printed barcode or some sort of place to put your contact info so they can actually be used as a luggage tag - otherwise they are worthless.
Medallion bag tags haven't had barcodes or other identifying marks on them for a while. I think they stopped doing that 3 or 4 years ago?

Would be nice if they brought that back (and make me more likely to use them again), but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by BenA
This has happened to me on multiple occasions; when boarding late right on the cusp of bins filling up, if I’d otherwise have been directed to gate check my bag, the F/A has seen the tags and offered to stash my bag in the forward coat closet instead. Particularly prevalent on regional jets, but has happened on mainline too.
The only Delta regional carrier that 100% refuses to ever put a bag in the closest in my experience is GoJet Airlines. Sky West and Endeavor never blink an eye. They're generally very good to deal with in these situations.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm pretty sure I will get to Gold again this year, and I am only 15K from 1MM, so I will have all kinds of brag tags to flaunt. It'll be the 1MM that will really get displayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.