Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brag tags for every medallion member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Amazed nobody has mentioned the fact that they are going 100% digital on the membership cards for PM and DM, that was the one somewhat useful thing as some lounges overseas wont accept digital. I guess the GM and FO tags cost too much?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Amazed nobody has mentioned the fact that they are going 100% digital on the membership cards for PM and DM, that was the one somewhat useful thing as some lounges overseas wont accept digital. I guess the GM and FO tags cost too much?
Eliminating the hard copy membership status cards make sense (and cents) if you personalize the baggage tags. Two for one. But not personalizing the bag tags and only giving digital cards doesn't make sense, but it may make cents.

As for out-station, foreign lounges, does it really matter? I suppose at some Sky Team lounges, yes it could but often, like at Tokyo–HND, there's no lounge option unless you'e a Delta One business-class passenger. So, having a card for lounge access is irrelevant in many cases in 2019, unlike before when passengers with status could still access contracted lounges.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if KLM and others start limiting Delta elites from accessing their lounges since Delta is pissing all over Sky Team elites with the new boarding process.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:15 pm
21A

Originally Posted by DCAproducer

I keep a PM tag on my backpack because it's one of the old ones with a barcode tied to your SkyMiles account. In the early days of the DL app and electronic boarding passes the barcode could be scanned at the gate in the event of an issue with your mobile boarding pass. I have no idea if the old barcode works anymore.
It does! Try it with the barcode in My Wallet in the app. Also works at the “scan and go” itinerary stations.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL DM (ST E+), AA PM, UA GM
Actually useful...

I recently found the PM tag very useful. I went to the Virgin Atlantic club at LHR last month with my 2 teenaged girls (we were flying economy and one of them was even flying AA).The desk glanced at the tag on my knapsack and quietly let my girls into the club, no charge. I didn't even need to ask.

Needless to say, my tag is staying right where it is.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by TheStrongOne
I recently found the PM tag very useful. I went to the Virgin Atlantic club at LHR last month with my 2 teenaged girls (we were flying economy and one of them was even flying AA).The desk glanced at the tag on my knapsack and quietly let my girls into the club, no charge. I didn't even need to ask.

Needless to say, my tag is staying right where it is.
When international I do find the actual physical Medallion member card to be important in some airports.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
I've always thought that publicly flaunting airline status is kind of dickish.

Perhaps the only exception is here on FT because a person's status might be relevant to their post and can provide context to a post.
CO-PLAT and TheHorta like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Maybe they can consider putting on your FF number with a barcode again. The only tags I have on my bags are the ones with the barcode since that is useful information. Otherwise, the tags serve no purpose.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I received these Silver bag tags Dec 3, 2019

Two tags and three rubber thingys to attach them to my bags.

Woo hoo. I received my Silver Medallion tags today. There is no name, SkyMiles number, or year on them. Maybe I should sell them to someone who wants Silver status for life.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:55 pm

While this is a nice gesture, I threw mine away as soon as they arrived. What’s the purpose of nameless plastic cards? They serve no purpose, even if they go in checked in luggage...

i remember Qatar Airways used to send named bag tags with barcodes. In case luggage got lost, it those tags gave a peace of mind.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by smartytravel
While this is a nice gesture, I threw mine away as soon as they arrived. What’s the purpose of nameless plastic cards? They serve no purpose, even if they go in checked in luggage...
I always laughed when FT called them "brag tags" until I received mine. Now I get it, they really are useless! And it would have been so easy for Delta to design the rear with a space to write (permanent market) my name and address so it works as a luggage tag!!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: DL DM
I sold my Platinum sets on eBay the past few years. Got about $40 per set. Kept the JWD's, of course.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta PM

i remember Qatar Airways used to send named bag tags with barcodes. In case luggage got lost, it those tags gave a peace of mind.
Without my card, I would have been denied access to the Virgin Clubhouse in JFK and LHR twice. They were about to throw my wife and me out because I couldn't remember where I had put the brag tag but found I it at the last second.

Should all this information be in their system automatically? Yes. Was it in there? Apparently not.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by BradleyFlyer
Without my card, I would have been denied access to the Virgin Clubhouse in JFK and LHR twice. They were about to throw my wife and me out because I couldn't remember where I had put the brag tag but found I it at the last second.
I am shocked that anyone would be given a lounge access based on a nameless plastic card. One of the FTs above mentioned how they sell theirs on eBay for $40.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta PM
I am shocked that anyone would be given a lounge access based on a nameless plastic card. One of the FTs above mentioned how they sell theirs on eBay for $40.
I completely agree. I'm positive that proper access is coded into my ticket but it's been a problem 100% of the time I've gone to the Virgin Clubhouse (On a Delta Y ticket). Twice they actually came back and found me after I had been let in and asked to see my brag tag and took it from me to "verify something".
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Not having a physical PM card was an issue for me last week using the AF arrivals lounge at CDG, despite my AF boarding passes showing FB gold....they finally relented to accept the electronic version of the card that I fortunately had stored in my iPhone wallet, but the agent was complaining up a storm about Delta not issuing physical cards anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.