Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brag tags for every medallion member

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Speaking of brag tags, my 2020 DM tags were waiting for me when I returned from a biz trip. Holy crap, these things are really really thick. I think DL heard our complaints about plastic DM tag and now is going the other way. These are the thickest metal tags they have ever issued. Strangely, I didn't get any DM membership cards.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
How long does it take to receive the tags if I'm not living in US? (Or do they even send them to members living outside US?)
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by wlau
Speaking of brag tags, my 2020 DM tags were waiting for me when I returned from a biz trip. Holy crap, these things are really really thick. I think DL heard our complaints about plastic DM tag and now is going the other way. These are the thickest metal tags they have ever issued. Strangely, I didn't get any DM membership cards.
I preferred the plastic ones. Better windshield ice scrapers.

The thick metal ones (I somehow got a set in the mail in early 2019) seem like they'd be good to shove under that one wobbly chair I have.
Zorak and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by gooselee
I preferred the plastic ones. Better windshield ice scrapers.

The thick metal ones (I somehow got a set in the mail in early 2019) seem like they'd be good to shove under that one wobbly chair I have.
I hang the plastic one on my bag - just because they are lighter. I carry too much necessary crap on my backpack, every bit of weight I can shave off, every bit better. But these metals ones are nice! Paint and clear coat on them looks high quality, not like last year's.
gooselee likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL PM
Made PM in Dec this year...... just received my GM brag tags, YAH!!!
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by wwu11
Made PM in Dec this year...... just received my GM brag tags, YAH!!!
Same thing just happened to me last week. Got my FO tags but just made GM in December!
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Can I call DL to request them?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
I did not make PM until Dec 31, as such, I received GM tags in the mail in the fall. Do they only send one set per medallion year, or can I expect to receive PM tags wiithin the next few months?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by lsquare
Can I call DL to request them?
The best way to find this out would be....to call DL and ask. Please post back what they say.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: KLM
Anyone knows how can I get a tag (I am platinum member) if I am not based in the US?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Ok so my GM tags came today.... and all I can say is they could have spent less on the fancy envelope and insert (card carrier with the glue) and spent that money to personalize the card so I might have a reason to risk the ridicule from PM and DM and actually use them.

I mean seriously that gold ink ain't cheap.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
I always think new money when I see these tags
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by micstatic
I always think new money when I see these tags
kind of weird considering its mostly business people who travel enough to get high status.

but needing to brag about something so silly hints at low self confidence.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
I got my Gold Medallion tags in probably August or September of last year. However, I subsequently made PM for 2020 near the end of 2019 and was curious if I'll get new tags? Is there a way to request them?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Daitheflu84
I got my Gold Medallion tags in probably August or September of last year. However, I subsequently made PM for 2020 near the end of 2019 and was curious if I'll get new tags? Is there a way to request them?
They probably just delayed and will send out with the batch for re-qualifying PM's. I'd wait a few more weeks. They usually don't send out the packets until late January/early February. I haven't received my re-qualifying packets yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.