Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Sky Club etiquette tip for frequent guests

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Sky Club etiquette tip for frequent guests

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mridley2
Why are dogs inside sky clubs allowed to roam free and not required to remain in their carrier? Also it’s a food establishment. Isn’t that against health code violations?
That would be a local or state issue.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:39 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by FF524
[LEFT]

SkyClub agents are simply not consistent in their greetings. Sometimes it is a simple thank you, other times it’s the whole thing.
Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FF524

SkyClub agents are simply not consistent in their greetings. Sometimes it is a simple thank you, other times it’s the whole thing. Regardless, I figure I check in 100 or so times a year and I prefer to scan and go. My intent is not to disrespect anyone but by the same token, one has no obligation to hear the agent out who is following the protocol and explaining things to you. Add to that a presumption that the agents have data on one’s visit history. Perhaps the greeting preference could be notated on the screen so that for those of us who prefer short and sweet, it could be so noted and the agent would leave it at the scan and a hello?
IME at the AmEx Centurion lounges, they know as soon as your card is scanned whether you have visited that particular lounge in the past. You get either the long explanation or a quick welcome back greeting. DL should be able to easily do the same for FFs, although this obviously wouldn't work for some of those who are purchasing an entrance pass, using a GroupOn coupon (I hope we can say RIP for this), etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.