Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kipper
How was Romania?

It sounds like we could coordinate a Prague Do!
Romania was nice, but I'd choose Prague any day.

Originally Posted by jrl767
depends how long he and his wife romained, ya
Yeah, I think I picked up a bug there. A romantick.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:23 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
How long of a walk is it at BOS from where a LGA flight would arrive, or a DTW flight would depart, to where I would get a rental car shuttle?

Thanx!

DT
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is Romain lettuce making people sick again? I want my Caesar salad.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
How long of a walk is it at BOS from where a LGA flight would arrive, or a DTW flight would depart, to where I would get a rental car shuttle?

Thanx!

DT
IIRC at BOS DL uses two different sets of gates, with some of them being much farther from the check in and security counters and also baggage claim. I would assume that the rental car shuttles pick up at the curb outside of baggage claim. I think there are two SCs too, for the two different gate areas. If you check the SC locations, this will tell you something and then you can watch flight status to see what gate assignments generally are for your flights. The MSP gates I remember at BOS have been long walks.

BTW, if you're connecting at DTW, check whether the red train is operating. It had been out of service for repairs.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, if you're connecting at DTW, check whether the red train is operating. It had been out of service for repairs.
Just passed thru DTW last week. The train is out of service until May1.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Thanx! DT
my last couple trips to BOS it was actually faster to walk from the A concourse to the National rental car site (~half a mile; 7-10 min) than to wait for the shuttle bus and ride it all the way around the terminal loop
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
my last couple trips to BOS it was actually faster to walk from the A concourse to the National rental car site (~half a mile; 7-10 min) than to wait for the shuttle bus and ride it all the way around the terminal loop
At LAX, if the traffic was a crap-show in the horseshoe, I would get off the shuttle at Terminal 1 and then walk across to T5. Probably faster than waiting in the traffic and while making the extra stops.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Cholula
Just passed thru DTW last week. The train is out of service until May1.
In other words the train May be working next month?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
At LAX, if the traffic was a crap-show in the horseshoe, I would get off the shuttle at Terminal 1 and then walk across to T5. Probably faster than waiting in the traffic and while making the extra stops.
yep, pretty much always faster to do that when departing on AS out of T6
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:08 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC at BOS DL uses two different sets of gates, with some of them being much farther from the check in and security counters and also baggage claim.

Thanx for the quick replies. Actually, MSPecon, my return IS via DTW. I had a LOOOOONG walk there a coupl'la months ago - NOT good!

That said, I have been talked into cancelling my trip altogether. I'm sure it's the right thing to do based on what I have going on, but, I'm stubborn, and really hate to lose the MQMs and the value of a really cheap ticket. Haven't been on a plane since January.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The folks at Eglin AFB use most of their land- the former Choctawhatchee National Forest- as a buffer zone for military training activities and do some really good work on conservation projects in the bulk of the land units where they don't regularly Blow Stuff Up. So the USAF celebrating Earth Day really does make me think, like, endangered woodpecker habitat restoration projects and such
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:49 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm enjoying it so far, although I'm doing a group tour with Mom and the group is *huge* plus they don't seem to have a concept of capacity-controlling popular attractions here but definitely piqued my interest enough that I'd consider coming back on my own later.

River cruise portion of the trip begins tomorrow evening...
That's my concern with any "group" tours... capacity...
depends how long he and his wife romained, ya
Sigh
Originally Posted by Howste
Romania was nice, but I'd choose Prague any day.

Yeah, I think I picked up a bug there. A romantick.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:10 pm

Thanx for the quick replies. Actually, MSPecon, my return IS via DTW. I had a LOOOOONG walk there a coupl'la months ago - NOT good!

That said, I have been talked into cancelling my trip altogether. I'm sure it's the right thing to do based on what I have going on, but, I'm stubborn, and really hate to lose the MQMs and the value of a really cheap ticket. Haven't been on a plane since January.
You were asking about gates for LGA and DTW at BOS, so I guessed that you were connecting through LGA in one direction and DTW in the other. I'm sorry to hear that you felt it necessary to cancel the trip.

Perhaps you can plan a trip soon with the airports chosen strategically to minimize walking. From PIT this is harder because most places (except hubs of course) require connections on DL. DTW is normally pretty good if the red train is working.

LAX is good and so is MEM but I'm not sure they're served from PIT.

MSP is good due to the electric carts, although it's a long walk to the light rail station.
At MSP the major car rental agencies are in the "terminal" meaning in the back of the parking garage attached to the terminal, but there's a little train in the basement or you can take a cart to the airside C/G connector path at the back of the parking garage and exit at the skyway security checkpoint to be just an elevator ride away from the rental car counters.

DCA is good in terms of the walk to the curb (and farther to the metro) but the last time I rented a car there, one could either wait for the airport shuttle or walk to Hertz in the fare part of a short term airport garage.

LGA normally isn't that bad, but current construction is kicking people to first use a shuttle to the old marine terminal and then get further local transportation, at times including uber/lyft.

Maybe look for a MSP connection (and plan to use the electric cart) to a small airport where it's a short walk from the gate to the curb? What would be fun and a legal routing from PIT? AUS? MSY? LEX and the bourbon trail? Maybe SAT (but I don't know that airport and it's getting into the hot and humid season)? COS if you can avoid a DEN connection?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic

Thanx!

DT
99% of the time LGA flights go out of Gates 6-9 (go thru security, turn left, walk about 10 steps. Boom, gate). DTW, not quite as regular. Often gates 1-6 (security, turn right) but often in the satellite terminal. Assume a 7 minute walk from security to satellite gates.

Car rentals now onsite, but remote. There is an agency agnostic shuttle that runs every 5-10 minutes. Unfortunately, Delta is terminal A, so I am 95% sure you have to hit B, C and E before you hit the rental facility. I would assume about 10 minutes from terminal pickup to landing at the rental center, but you may want to confirm on the BOS board (sorry, I'm O&D from BOS, don't rent cars much).

Last edited by navi_jen; Apr 24, 2019 at 4:40 am
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Neat! I walked part of a similar planetenweg in Zurich about five years ago: https://www.zuerich.com/en/visit/sport/planet-trail

I think we determined we won't overlap? Mom and I are going Bucharest -> Budapest on the Danube starting next week.
I think I got to Budapest the day you left Bucharest for Budapest.

Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
That looks neat, but don't think we'll be on that part of the Danube. BTW, where are you sailing from, to. In June, we're doing Nuremberg to Budapest.
We did Vilshofen to Budapest on AMAWaterways. We actually spent several days in Nuremberg on our own before the trip. I had been to Nuremberg in 2003 as an exchange student, and this was a great opportunity to go back.

The Lounge needs a better vacation coordinator
Volunteering? Also, congrats to the Sharks. Go Caps tonight!

Originally Posted by zitsky
It says you can walk or bike. Nothing about running. Are you sure? (kidding)
Well, we didn't have anyone angrily yelling at us in German, so I guess we were ok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.