Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767

congrats

our 24-year-old gas furnace died overnight Friday; the technician told us that the HVAC parts supplier is closed for the weekend, but the $783 metering valve is a special-order item anyway ... I’m on the Sun SEA-JFK-DCA redeye; Mrs767 and the pets were not looking forward to being without heat in the house until probably Thursday, so our “jackpot” is that we’re having a new $6000 unit delivered and installed on Tuesday
Wouldn't a few nights in a nice hotel, even with the pets (or send them to one of the good doggie hotels with pampering and play time if they're too big or too many for a hotel) have cost a lot less than $6000 - $783? You could even throw in a romantic weekend trip with wife as an apology and still have a lot of money left over.
CarmenOM likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Cholula
Flight was on time. There was a water bottle at each seat but I was hoping for something a tad bit stronger.
I'm sorry!
Cholula likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wouldn't a few nights in a nice hotel, even with the pets (or send them to one of the good doggie hotels with pampering and play time if they're too big or too many for a hotel) have cost a lot less than $6000 - $783? You could even throw in a romantic weekend trip with wife as an apology and still have a lot of money left over.
you’re an economist, I’m an engineering and technical management pragmatist — a $1000+ repair (including the $249 weekend service call) on a 24-year-old gas furnace is a strong indication that more stuff is going to start failing as it reaches the end of its life; our son and my sister are staying with us over the holidays (plus we’re hosting Xmas Eve dinner for my SIL and her husband and kids) and we certainly did not want the next of those failures to hose things up for more than just us and the pets

at least it’s 6k RDM on my AS card (company doesn’t take AmEx)

Last edited by jrl767; Dec 9, 2018 at 11:22 am
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:10 pm

Hi, not sure where to post this but can someone tell me what the non-D1 seat arrangement is for DL 120/121 (MSP, HND, 777-200)? On their site it's 2-4-2, but on seat guru both 777's they list show 3-3-3. Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:09 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

congrats

our 24-year-old gas furnace died overnight Friday; the technician told us that the HVAC parts supplier is closed for the weekend, but the $783 metering valve is a special-order item anyway ... I’m on the Sun SEA-JFK-DCA redeye; Mrs767 and the pets were not looking forward to being without heat in the house until probably Thursday, so our “jackpot” is that we’re having a new $6000 unit delivered and installed on Tuesday
I hope they are staying at a hotel until then.

you’re an economist, I’m an engineering and technical management pragmatist — a $1000+ repair (including the $249 weekend service call) on a 24-year-old gas furnace is a strong indication that more stuff is going to start failing as it reaches the end of its life; our son and my sister are staying with us over the holidays (plus we’re hosting Xmas Eve dinner for my SIL and her husband and kids) and we certainly did not want the next of those failures to hose things up for more than just us and the pets

at least it’s 6k RDM on my AS card (company doesn’t take AmEx)
This is very true.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:11 am

Morning, Lounge!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

We have external auditors in all this week and the network is acting flaky today. It must be Monday!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

We have external auditors in all this week and the network is acting flaky today. It must be Monday!
I dislike Mondays!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by sjackson12
Hi, not sure where to post this but can someone tell me what the non-D1 seat arrangement is for DL 120/121 (MSP, HND, 777-200)? On their site it's 2-4-2, but on seat guru both 777's they list show 3-3-3. Thanks.
Premium Select is 2-4-2; regular economy is 3-3-3 except for the first row, which has two seats on each window side. I flew MSP-HND-MSP last week in PS, so this is first-hand confirmation.

SeatGuru’s seat maps do not reflect the reconfigured 777s that have D1 suites, PS, and main cabin/regular economy. Delta.com’s aircraft page also is not updated and shows the old 777 configuration of D1, C+, and E. The seat maps that show if you are making a reservation are the correct ones. Be sure to scroll all the way down the map since there is a difference between PS and E.

It’s also worth noting that for many dates the price difference between PS and E is <$200. PS is quite a bit more comfortable and earns 150% MQM.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Dec 10, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

Premium Select is 2-4-2; regular economy is 3-3-3 except for the first row, which has two seats on each window side. I flew MSP-HND-MSP last week in PS, so this is first-hand confirmation.

SeatGuru’s seat maps do not reflect the reconfigured 777s that have D1 suites, PS, and main cabin/regular economy. Delta.com’s aircraft page also is not updated and shows the old 777 configuration of D1, C+, and E. The seat maps that show if you are making a reservation are the correct ones. Be sure to scroll all the way down the map since there is a difference between PS and E.

It’s also worth noting that for many dates the price difference between PS and E is <$200. PS is quite a bit more comfortable and earns 150% MQM.
If there isn't a thread on how bad SeatGuru is now that Trip Advisor owns them, their should be. I sent in information on VS' leased A330 config over 6 weeks ago and no update. It needs to die a fast death so that a more effective replacement can step up.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM

Cool thanks for the info. A few follow-up questions:

1) What are the best seats in PS for the solo traveler?

2) What are the best price points you've seen for PS? What do you think PS is worth? I'm seeing right now with their "ski sale" economy for 1400, ps for 1600

3) Why are all the D1 suites like 7K+? Do people actually pay that or do they upgrade for less before the flight?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by sjackson12
Cool thanks for the info. A few follow-up questions:

1) What are the best seats in PS for the solo traveler?

2) What are the best price points you've seen for PS? What do you think PS is worth? I'm seeing right now with their "ski sale" economy for 1400, ps for 1600

3) Why are all the D1 suites like 7K+? Do people actually pay that or do they upgrade for less before the flight?
1) There are no particular seats that seem better or worse for a solo traveler. I like the bulkhead seats because there’s maybe a bit of extra legroom (not as much as in some of the Comfort+ bulkhead seating) and no one reclines into you. The drawback, of course, is that the AVOD screens are the kind that pop up from the side of the seat. I don’t know if those screens may be a little smaller than, and not positioned as well as, the ones on the seat backs, which are very nice and large. As you probably know, you have to store all your stuff in the overhead bin for take off and landing with the bulkhead seats. I had a bulkhead window seat going over and a mid-cabin aisle seat in PE on the return. I was happy with both. The non-bulkhead seats have quite a bit of space, with little nooks and crannies, for storing things. All the PE seats are separated by a fixed arm that’s about 6 inches wide.

2) I paid $1594 and am seeing that price in a random search of flexible dates in January. Several days show PE as quite a bit cheaper than Main Cabin.

3) I have no idea what determines the D1 suites pricing. I booked in mid November for December 2-6 travel. I wait listed for mileage upgrades at 45K, with little expectation of getting them. That was a realistic explanation; I didn’t get an upgrade in either direction. The D1 cabin seat maps never showed more than 1-3 available seats. I’m guessing those seats were mostly purchased but don’t know whether there were some early GUC upgrades.

Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles -- Gold Medallion
Anybody know what the monthly cocktail special is at the JFK SkyClub (I'm assuming they're the same for all, but...)?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Happy Thorsday overmorrow.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Happy Thorsday overmorrow.
Good morning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.