FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:09 pm
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767

congrats

our 24-year-old gas furnace died overnight Friday; the technician told us that the HVAC parts supplier is closed for the weekend, but the $783 metering valve is a special-order item anyway ... I’m on the Sun SEA-JFK-DCA redeye; Mrs767 and the pets were not looking forward to being without heat in the house until probably Thursday, so our “jackpot” is that we’re having a new $6000 unit delivered and installed on Tuesday
I hope they are staying at a hotel until then.
Originally Posted by jrl767

you’re an economist, I’m an engineering and technical management pragmatist — a $1000+ repair (including the $249 weekend service call) on a 24-year-old gas furnace is a strong indication that more stuff is going to start failing as it reaches the end of its life; our son and my sister are staying with us over the holidays (plus we’re hosting Xmas Eve dinner for my SIL and her husband and kids) and we certainly did not want the next of those failures to hose things up for more than just us and the pets

at least it’s 6k RDM on my AS card (company doesn’t take AmEx)
This is very true.