FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:49 am
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wouldn't a few nights in a nice hotel, even with the pets (or send them to one of the good doggie hotels with pampering and play time if they're too big or too many for a hotel) have cost a lot less than $6000 - $783? You could even throw in a romantic weekend trip with wife as an apology and still have a lot of money left over.
you’re an economist, I’m an engineering and technical management pragmatist — a $1000+ repair (including the $249 weekend service call) on a 24-year-old gas furnace is a strong indication that more stuff is going to start failing as it reaches the end of its life; our son and my sister are staying with us over the holidays (plus we’re hosting Xmas Eve dinner for my SIL and her husband and kids) and we certainly did not want the next of those failures to hose things up for more than just us and the pets

at least it’s 6k RDM on my AS card (company doesn’t take AmEx)

Last edited by jrl767; Dec 9, 2018 at 11:22 am