Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Then you must be living with an emu whisperer.
The neighbor said the emu was following Mr. Kipper like a lost puppy.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's so sweet. You should have adopted the poor lost abandoned emu. You have the dog(s) and Mr Kipper needs his emu....or emus. [Does anyone know the gender of this bird?]
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:24 am

That's so sweet. You should have adopted the poor lost abandoned emu. You have the dog(s) and Mr Kipper needs his emu....or emus. [Does anyone know the gender of this bird?]
LOL, our neighbors tried to capture it so someone who has emus could keep it safe. They failed, because emus are very strong.

No one knows the gender. I don't think anyone cared to check.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:28 am

Happy Friyay, everyone!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Drinking Woodford at 34k feet for the first time this year. The F flight attendant even came through C+ offering refills. Well done SkyWest!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
that’s a good TGIF ... before the FA on ATL-DCA Mon evening returned my jacket, she slipped a couple “to go” into the inside pocket (HIGHLY appreciated on Wed night when I was snowbound in the room ...)

Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by jrl767
that’s a good TGIF ... before the FA on ATL-DCA Mon evening returned my jacket, she slipped a couple “to go” into the inside pocket (HIGHLY appreciated on Wed night when I was snowbound in the room ...)

A similar situation happened to me a few weeks back. I was seated in an exit row going godonlyknowswhere, and the FA offered up the C+ snack basket...and I joked how I missed the Michel chocolates for the first class basket. And when we were in final descent, the FA gave me a small bag of the Ghiradelli squares. Which I thought showed real thoughtfulness.

Oh, and happy Saturday everyone!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You mean "happy snow day" (again).
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
You mean "happy snow day" (again).
Be careful to stay upright!

Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:57 am

A local warehouse near us conducts sales occasionally. The sales include foods, drinks, and health and beauty items that for one reason or another, are not able to be sold at retail prices. Reasons may include that the outer case was damaged, and a store returned it, a case was missing a few items and was returned for that reason, etc. The sales benefit the American Cancer Society Relay For Life, and we usually can snag some interesting items and some amazing deals. At last year's Relay For Life, we were able to stock up on dog food. They had 5 lb. bags of premium dog food for $5, 14 lb. bags for $10, etc. We also managed to find three bottles of Mattoni water (if anyone knows where we can find some in the Mid-Atlantic region, let me know). This year, in the $0.50/item section, we found Biscoff cookies!!! Yes, we bought every package we found, and Mr. Kipper may have been a little afraid I was going to rip the arm off of another shopper who started grabbing a few packages.

BenA, mattp1987 and Zorak like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kipper
A local warehouse near us conducts sales occasionally. The sales include foods, drinks, and health and beauty items that for one reason or another, are not able to be sold at retail prices. Reasons may include that the outer case was damaged, and a store returned it, a case was missing a few items and was returned for that reason, etc. The sales benefit the American Cancer Society Relay For Life, and we usually can snag some interesting items and some amazing deals. At last year's Relay For Life, we were able to stock up on dog food. They had 5 lb. bags of premium dog food for $5, 14 lb. bags for $10, etc. We also managed to find three bottles of Mattoni water (if anyone knows where we can find some in the Mid-Atlantic region, let me know). This year, in the $0.50/item section, we found Biscoff cookies!!! Yes, we bought every package we found, and Mr. Kipper may have been a little afraid I was going to rip the arm off of another shopper who started grabbing a few packages.

Enjoy!

Have a wonderful weekend all!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:14 pm

What a weird SUNSNOWday. I see clear blue sky but roads are (still, post blizzard) closed due to whiteout only 50 miles away. Some of the drifts and piles of snow look impressive.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
What a weird SUNSNOWday. I see clear blue sky but roads are (still, post blizzard) closed due to whiteout only 50 miles away. Some of the drifts and piles of snow look impressive.
In the NYC area the snow came and went very quickly. IT's all mostly gone now
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
No snow this weekend in LAS though evidence of the weather earlier in the week was easily visible on approach:

"Red" Rock Canyon:

MSPeconomist and MarkP24 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
No snow this weekend in LAS though evidence of the weather earlier in the week was easily visible on approach:

"Red" Rock Canyon:
Gorgeous pics!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.