Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:15 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, is there ever enough coffee?
Ditto on THAT!!!

But . . . . . I'm partial to my French coffee:

Yummmmmmy!!!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
LOL, is there ever enough coffee?
Not when visiting somewhere that produces the good stuff! Coming back from Indonesia, our bags are going to be full, too. Hawaii is great though because Costco there stocks legit single-origin Kona at a vaguely affordable price, in a quantity we won’t burn through right away.

I’ve discovered third wave coffee in the last year (thanks, of all places, to an amazing shop in Tulsa called Cirque), and it’s totally changed our coffee routine. We finally ditched our drip coffee maker and switched to a Kalita Wave, a pour over device from Japan. It’s really not that hard to use, when paired with a Zojirushi hot water dispenser, and the results beat any other method I’ve tried. We still use French presses when in a rush, but the coffee’s not quite as good.

Still discovering all the variations between different origins and learning to talk about what I like and don’t like, though. It feels like my first year or two of discovering wine, where I’ve suddenly realized just how little I know. The distinction between washed and natural processes was one of my first discoveries, though, and I really like the earthiness and slight funk you get from a natural coffee...

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:25 pm

Kauai also has some good coffee. Have not been there for a while. Too long a flight from east coast.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by davetravels
Ditto on THAT!!!

But . . . . . I'm partial to my French coffee:

Yummmmmmy!!!
Looks interesting.
Originally Posted by BenA

Not when visiting somewhere that produces the good stuff! Coming back from Indonesia, our bags are going to be full, too. Hawaii is great though because Costco there stocks legit single-origin Kona at a vaguely affordable price, in a quantity we won’t burn through right away.

I’ve discovered third wave coffee in the last year (thanks, of all places, to an amazing shop in Tulsa called Cirque), and it’s totally changed our coffee routine. We finally ditched our drip coffee maker and switched to a Kalita Wave, a pour over device from Japan. It’s really not that hard to use, when paired with a Zojirushi hot water dispenser, and the results beat any other method I’ve tried. We still use French presses when in a rush, but the coffee’s not quite as good.

Still discovering all the variations between different origins and learning to talk about what I like and don’t like, though. It feels like my first year or two of discovering wine, where I’ve suddenly realized just how little I know. The distinction between washed and natural processes was one of my first discoveries, though, and I really like the earthiness and slight funk you get from a natural coffee...

We usually pack clothes that we don't mind if we leave at our destination. It allows us some flexibility when buying things to bring home. In this case, Mr, Kipper could pack some items in with work items that are being shipped back separately. A wise man, he packed clothes in that and the coffee in his luggage that was flying with him.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zitsky
Kauai also has some good coffee. Have not been there for a while. Too long a flight from east coast.
Yes. Kauai's coffee is amazing!!! One of my favorites! I love the vanilla macadamia nut and coconut caramel!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Yes. Kauai's coffee is amazing!!! One of my favorites! I love the vanilla macadamia nut and coconut caramel!
That's not coffee. That's flavored water. I prefer my coffee to be coffee-flavored. Yes, I have ordered coffee-flavored coffee at Starbucks when I've been desperate for real coffee and Starbucks was as close to real coffee as I could find.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
That's not coffee. That's flavored water. I prefer my coffee to be coffee-flavored. Yes, I have ordered coffee-flavored coffee at Starbucks when I've been desperate for real coffee and Starbucks was as close to real coffee as I could find.
They have some non flavored types as well that are quite good!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

...paired with a Zojirushi hot water dispenser...
Because everybody loves drinking things made in a "Mark of the Elephant" appliance. I've seen cats and dogs marking their territory, and I can only imagine what that would look like for an elephant.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Because everybody loves drinking things made in a "Mark of the Elephant" appliance. I've seen cats and dogs marking their territory, and I can only imagine what that would look like for an elephant.
Hey, but the liquid flow rate is undeniably impressive!

(I’m a huge Zojirushi fan, including their bread machines and vacuum bottles in addition to the water dispensers...)
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I'm having a discussion about spend requirements and it doesn't even involve miles or points.
LOL
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver

(I’m a huge Zojirushi fan, including their bread machines and vacuum bottles in addition to the water dispensers...)
Love my Zoji bread machine- we've use it for pizza dough every week for years with no problems, and it can even handle naan dough. (Stiff naan dough is what killed my previous inferior bread machine. )
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
They have some non flavored types as well that are quite good!
Non-flavored could work.
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
LOL
To be fair, it was discussing alcohol.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE

Sadly I haven't owned any Zojirushi appliances since I lived in Japan many years ago.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I’ll be at the ATL F SC ~2130-2200EST this evening
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:44 pm

Big Bird decided to come to visit today. I came home from a few errands and was greeted by this. I did scold Empress Cobaka and tell her she could not have another minion, especially not one this large. We simply do not have room for him.

Zorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.