Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
yet another case study on why I think you and Mrs767 need to meet at some point

Originally Posted by zitsky
I need to know what you ate to tell you if it was ok. Beer with sausage good. But steak needs a good red wine.
I posted in the "What's for dinner" thread. Chicken breast, marinated in buffalo wing sauce, baked, topped with a ranch and buffalo sauce glaze and Gorgonzola, brussels sprouts, and sharp cheddar macaroni and cheese. No steak tonight.

I wholeheartedly agree with you (in principle rather than practice, as I don’t eat beef more than maybe 2-3x/year), but iirc kipper is pretty much a “beer-goes-with-pretty-much-anything” kind of person
LOL, I do drink wine sometimes.
Originally Posted by Zorak
Are you having beer *for* dinner?

LOL, what sort of stories has Mr. Kipper been telling? Just because at my company holiday party, I couldn't eat the chicken or the salad doesn't mean that I only had wine for dinner. I did have chocolate mousse with my wine.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:40 pm

Kipper you must have some interesting beer threads. I will try to find them. I am partial to porter myself. Will drink Guiness occasionally but it's not my first choice.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Good morning! At least 6AM sat upgrades are easy.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

On top of that, the FT search function sucks. It’s actually often easier to find an FT thread via Google search than FT’s own search function, though if using Google to answer a generic question obviously using Google may lead to several other sites and results so that doesn’t always work.
You can add "site: flyertalk.com" to your search query to limit responses to FT. I find this helps.

Ok I appreciate all the kind responses. I am not new to the internet. For a while I wondered if I stumbled into the wrong forum if you know what i mean.

Thank you again.
Welcome to FT! Glad to have you!

I need to know what you ate to tell you if it was ok. Beer with sausage good. But steak needs a good red wine.

I wholeheartedly agree with you (in principle rather than practice, as I don’t eat beef more than maybe 2-3x/year), but iirc kipper is pretty much a “beer-goes-with-pretty-much-anything” kind of person
I, too, have largely given up beef (although that's harder to do in TX like yesterday when someone brought a brisket to work to share). However, I've found brown ales pair fairly well with steak although I'm still partial to wine for pairing.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yet people traditionally consume hamburgers with beer, and hamburgers are beef (unless they're those awful veggie things).
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
By the way, ATOBTTR and I might need to meet at the brewstillery in SAT for beer and bourbon. It's probably between our houses based on where I know he works.
Might just be up for that in the near future once we get through the busy cycle here. I’ve been slowly getting into bourbon over the past year or two. (My go-to’s have always been wine or rum & Coke).
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Might just be up for that in the near future once we get through the busy cycle here. I’ve been slowly getting into bourbon over the past year or two. (My go-to’s have always been wine or rum & Coke).
Bourbon and Coke? (I hope you don't drink wine & Coke mixed together.)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hahahaha. No. I don’t even drink wine and Rum & Coke’s in the same sitting.

I’ve tried bourbon and coke before and think it’s alright but still would rather just do a Rum & Coke when I have the choice. Maybe if I get more into bourbon I’ll be more up for a bourbon and Coke.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I, too, have largely given up beef (although that's harder to do in TX like yesterday when someone brought a brisket to work to share). However, I've found brown ales pair fairly well with steak although I'm still partial to wine for pairing.
Mmmmm, you can feel free to send your portion of the brisket to me, uneaten.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Hey, kalimotxo is a thing! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimotxo

I far prefer the other Spanish wine cocktail invention, though, Tinto de Verano. I’ve trained many a flight attendant and Sky Club bartender on how to make one - lacking the proper Spanish lemon lime soda, I use Fresca (or, in a pinch, Sprite) and red wine with a lemon or lime wedge. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinto_de_verano
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:37 am

If I have to drink something mixed in Spain, I think I'll stick with Sangria (although I think it's a terrible thing to do to wine I would want to drink),
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:27 pm

If I have to drink something mixed in Spain, I think I'll stick with Sangria (although I think it's a terrible thing to do to wine I would want to drink),
Sangria is good for that wine that is not good enough to enjoy with food but too good to pour down the sink.
BenA and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Good morning (it's a good morning because it's after noon)!

I had to post today because it's post-post-Thorsday.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Howste
I had to post today because it's post-post-Thorsday.
On the other hand, it could also be pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-Thorsday.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:14 pm

Sangria is good for that wine that is not good enough to enjoy with food but too good to pour down the sink.
I never thought about using wine that isn't good enough to drink for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.