Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Morning!

Another 1.4 hours and I'm out of here. Hopefully I can finish the installation of a new solar array in my back yard today and tomorrow. ^
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Good afternoon. 'Tis Friday. However, I am trying to do "Dry January" so no beer/wine/spirits for me this weekend.
Dry January? What fun is that?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
January has 31 days, counting New Year's Day, but February has only 28......

OTOH, if Dry January means no rain or snow, count me in please.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

I'll second a January with no rain or snow. I'll even take one with rain, just no snow!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
as a Seattle resident, I'm decidedly neutral about rain; snow, on the other hand -- in manageable amounts that don't result in chaos on streets or at airports -- is fine
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:07 pm

This. I'm so tired of rain.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
And since February has 28 days, February is my favorite month because it’s the month my pay per day is highest.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767
as a Seattle resident, I'm decidedly neutral about rain; snow, on the other hand -- in manageable amounts that don't result in chaos on streets or at airports -- is fine
You’d think that given how many days a year it rains in Seattle, Seattle drivers would know how to drive it in but amazingly they don’t.

On the the subject of rain: Seattle/Pacific Northwest rain is very different from rain in other areas of the country IME. You can still often do stuff outside in Seattle rain because it’s usually more of a drizzle or mist than a true rain and you learn to deal with and do stuff in the light rain. But in other areas, rain means “downpour” and it’s miserable or impossible to do stuff when it’s raining.
BenA likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
there was a stretch of 100+ consecutive days (I want to say early Nov 1998 to mid Feb 1999) where SEA recorded measurable precipitation ... on more than a few of those it was perhaps .01” of rain between ~0600-0700, and varying degrees of overcast the rest of the day
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:40 am

there was a stretch of 100+ consecutive days (I want to say early Nov 1998 to mid Feb 1999) where SEA recorded measurable precipitation ... on more than a few of those it was perhaps .01” of rain between ~0600-0700, and varying degrees of overcast the rest of the day
I feel like I've moved to Seattle. We didn't set a record for most rainfall in a year, but 10 of 12 months had above average precipitation.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kipper
I feel like I've moved to Seattle. We didn't set a record for most rainfall in a year, but 10 of 12 months had above average precipitation.
Sorry
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Sorry
The ground is sooo wet and muddy.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Since I just returned from a business trip to Armenia, where I discovered that the Armenian Orthodox Church celebrates Christmas on January 6, I decided to treat myself to one last present — an HK SP5K.

Ohhhh yeahhhh....

Thor’s hammer ain’t got nuttin’ on this gorgeous piece of art.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
Now you just need to import a bunch of tech-bro hipsters from NYC into your backyard, double your rent from last year, and ensure every mode of transportation is either overloaded or dysfunctional to get the full 2018 Seattle experience
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
This is easy to say, because the only amount of manageable snow here is zero.

(To be fair, we have the one-two-three punch of steep hills, warm temperatures that encourage icing, and a total lack of snow removal equipment and expertise. And, honestly, I like it that way - it means guaranteed snow days whenever the slightest bit falls!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.