Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2020, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How sweet, to protect you from (the) big bird, which would have been much bigger than her. [I've seen emu and ostriches in walk through areas without fences at zoos and these animals can be intimidating when you're looking up into their eyes.]
She's a good protector.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:05 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I am SO sick to death of the leader of one of our systems implementation teams. Let's call them "Cousin It". Cousin IT is a flat out bully that is disconnected from their team. Granted, there are things we can all do better on, but it's gotten to the point where people don't even want to talk to the Cousin person. After interacting with Cousin It, people call and apologize to me for being in a bad mood on a shared call.

And I have to deal with Cousin It on a daily basis (every day, the first call of the morning). It's disgusting. If they spoke to external clients like this they'd be canned. At times, it's making me think of walking away from this work after 15+ years. I don't need this stress in my life. Yuck.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by navi_jen
I am SO sick to death of the leader of one of our systems implementation teams. Let's call them "Cousin It". Cousin IT is a flat out bully that is disconnected from their team. Granted, there are things we can all do better on, but it's gotten to the point where people don't even want to talk to the Cousin person. After interacting with Cousin It, people call and apologize to me for being in a bad mood on a shared call.

And I have to deal with Cousin It on a daily basis (every day, the first call of the morning). It's disgusting. If they spoke to external clients like this they'd be canned. At times, it's making me think of walking away from this work after 15+ years. I don't need this stress in my life. Yuck.
Sounds like they would benefit from the "Team Leadership & Group Dynamics" class I took over the summer. It could have been a great class but the professor was a schmuck.

-J.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
She's a good protector.
Have you tested Grace against the emu whisperer or the about-to-be-former MIL? Either one should provide an opportunity for lots of praise and a nice big juicy steak as a reward.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 30, 2020 at 7:37 pm
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ugh, sorry to hear that ... never fun when someone makes the work dynamic a whole lot more dynamic than it should be :/

my PM and Sr Director are negotiating with a senior govt client as to the particulars of my support for a new tasking ... she continues to drop "oh-by-the-way" comments (such as routine access to a classified network) that weren't in the original scope (that said, her boss has already agreed in principle to bringing me on board, so it may just be a matter of "convincing" her ...)
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navi_jen

Are your TPS reports submitted on time?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:36 pm

Have tested Grace against the emu whisperer or the about-to-be-former MIL? Either one should provide an opportunity for lots of praise and a nice big juicy steak as a reward.
LOL, Grace has a sensitive tummy, so I'm careful not to feed her things that might upset it.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
LOL, Grace has a sensitive tummy, so I'm careful not to feed her things that might upset it.
I wasn't suggesting that she should try bite or to eat them, just bark a lot. It sounds like Grace and Pumpkin would be good buddies. <Sorry Buddy, but you seem to do well with table and BBQ scraps to top off your diet.>
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:55 pm

I wasn't suggesting that she should try bite or to eat them, just bark a lot. It sounds like Grace and Pumpkin would be good buddies. <Sorry Buddy, but you seem to do well with table and BBQ scraps to top off your diet.>
LOL, no, I was referencing the steak. She gets tiny tastes of things, but nothing more, except for her kibble.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:35 pm

LOL, no, I was referencing the steak. She gets tiny tastes of things, but nothing more, except for her kibble.
So disciplined, but it's very healthy for her. BTW, is this what her foster parent did before Grace came to you?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Buddy can certainly put on a very mournful moocher’s expression, but we really don’t indulge him too much with people food (even when at dog-friendly public food and beverage venues)
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:16 pm

It seems like it's been many weekends since Buddy was last taken along on a brewery outing. Poor dear. Has your state declared a lockdown or issued a stay at home order for canines? Buddy needs a change of scene for his mental health.

ADDED (on a different topic): Yikes. Now "scientists" are claiming that even MN trees are overstressed this year. It's been beautiful for fall foliage if you can find a sunny day, but the t trees are turning very fast and suddenly starting to drop lots of leaves. This weekend will apparently be the last chance for local leaf peeping this fall. Sigh. Temps return to the low 70s (F of course) with sunshine before this time next week, but I fear that all the pretty leaves will be gone by then. [/REPORT FROM THE FROZEN NORTH]

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 30, 2020 at 9:24 pm
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Are your TPS reports submitted on time?
lol. There is a thread about aircraft retirements that discussed the CRJ-200s. Someone suggested a sledgehammer activity on the 200s. All I could think of was that scene in Office Space where they off the printer. Yeah I’m getting old. I know.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:31 pm

I threatened my iPad earlier today, during a zoom meeting.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:46 pm

I threatened my iPad earlier today, during a zoom meeting.
my electronics quake at the sound of the Geto Boys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.