Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Squeek is missing it, right, but how does Hootie like the snow?
Squeak is in Orlando. Hootie does not like the snow at all. He has flown indoors for the winter.

-J.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I just went into the kitchen to get a drink, and when I came back out it had snowed about half an inch outside. Looks like it will stick after all!

-J.
We have about seven inches already and it is still snowing. Grace is not a fan of the snow, although Geno enjoyed it.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
~3.5-4 inches of accumulation here in Towson before it turned to rain.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
~3.5-4 inches of accumulation here in Towson before it turned to rain.
I'd settle for rain.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I don't have much of a choice here ... from the forecast, we won't see much of the sun again until Tue/Wed next week ... the good thing is that the temps will stay in the 38-48F range
Old Dec 16, 2020, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
What little snow we got in DC this afternoon has already melted. Most if never really stuck as the temp was just above freezing. Now it's raining though more snow is forecasted again tonight though with the temp still remaining above freezing, I doubt there will be anything on the ground when I wake up in the morning, which is fine by me.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
What little snow we got in DC this afternoon has already melted. Most if never really stuck as the temp was just above freezing. Now it's raining though more snow is forecasted again tonight though with the temp still remaining above freezing, I doubt there will be anything on the ground when I wake up in the morning, which is fine by me.
I wish our snow would melt.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
sounds like a good plan

we acquired a 10x10 ft canopy for the back patio ... gotta get a couple bags of sand or gravel to fill some cans/buckets around the canopy legs; then we'll put the fire pit and chairs at one corner so we can have warm covered seating, and the Big Green Egg and grill just outside the opposite corner so son and/or I can tend to them while (mostly) under cover
Is even home indoor dining banned now where you are?

Here they're bringing back outdoor dining (breweries want it) again and allowing larger family etc. groups outdoors versus indoors over the holidays.
Cholula likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
"banned" - no; discouraged - yes (nothing official, but the conventional wisdom is no more than 5-6 adults, and no more than two households)
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Snow isn't too bad in NE New Jersey. I judge the depth by looking at the fire hydrant.

New Orleans is cold - 2C
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the heater turned on here in JAX.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Lots of snow here too. Last night the covers blew off my balcony furniture. One black trash bag is gone for good; I saved the chair cover by wedging it with a table and tying it with a rope. Anyway here's the view now:

Squeak is still flying around with my friend. He met a friendly cat yesterday.

-J.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
My cats have still not figured out that my wife works overnight on Wednesdays, and I don't need to get up the same time she normally does. They expect to be fed at their normal time. I guess I'm getting them calendars or day planners for Christmas.

Happy snowy Thorsday (not here although it did get down to 1 C)!

Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Two hour delay authorized for DC area workers today due to all this “winter weather”.

Old Dec 17, 2020, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
My cats have still not figured out that my wife works overnight on Wednesdays, and I don't need to get up the same time she normally does. They expect to be fed at their normal time. I guess I'm getting them calendars or day planners for Christmas.

Happy snowy Thorsday (not here although it did get down to 1 C)!

So cute!

We ended up with about a foot of snow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.