Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
The pigeons have now declared war by perching on various windowsills around my apartment They are the same two birds as I recognize the female(?) one, and I think she might recognize me too (she keeps looking at me) and for whatever reason isn't afraid.

-J.
Maybe she wants to mate with you?
Old May 9, 2021, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This reminds me of the story in the news about the dog dying on a US flight after the FA told a family to put the pet carrier in the overhead bin.
Let's not go there.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy Monday, Lounge! I arrived back in TX Saturday night, and it feels like a sauna here. I'm off to KS this week, so hopefully it will be a bit cooler there. I'm staying in a relatively small town, but it seems to be a pretty new hotel in the center of their downtown with a brewery in walking distance and some running trails along the river (the two things I really care about), so I'm hoping for a good trip. I also might get to see a good friend and former roommate during my connection in DEN on the way home. We're now down to <2 months left in TX and hopefully closing on selling our home this week (although leasing back until we leave).
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Happy Monday, Lounge! I arrived back in TX Saturday night, and it feels like a sauna here. I'm off to KS this week, so hopefully it will be a bit cooler there. I'm staying in a relatively small town, but it seems to be a pretty new hotel in the center of their downtown with a brewery in walking distance and some running trails along the river (the two things I really care about), so I'm hoping for a good trip. I also might get to see a good friend and former roommate during my connection in DEN on the way home. We're now down to <2 months left in TX and hopefully closing on selling our home this week (although leasing back until we leave).
I need to get to KS sometime. I have yet to have beer from KS, OK, and SD.
Old May 10, 2021, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I went through DEN on Saturday. The AmEx Centurion Lounge there is really nice so be sure to check it out if you have access.
Old May 10, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Happy Monday.
Ah yes, KS. A fond memory - I remember a trip back in 1972. I had to drive from MCI to Ft. Scott, KS for a business meeting. It was a straight, flat, 100+ miles and the only things to break the monotony were 1 bridge and 2 microwave towers. Now there are probably some cell towers as well.
Old May 10, 2021, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I drove MCI-ICT and back in ~1996 (business in ICT, personal trip to upstate NY afterwards; DL fare construction allowed SEA-MCI-SYR-SEA but not SEA-ICT-SYR/ROC/BUF/ALB-SEA

I'm thinking that was the trip where I saw a snake slithering across the road and thought it was a hill
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
I need to get to KS sometime. I have yet to have beer from KS, OK, and SD.
I used to go to OK for work and went to at least one brewery in Tulsa. I’ll be visiting the brewery in this town at some point this week. They seem to have a decent dinner menu too. And I’ve had plenty of beer from San Diego .
Old May 10, 2021, 7:13 pm

I used to go to OK for work and went to at least one brewery in Tulsa. I’ll be visiting the brewery in this town at some point this week. They seem to have a decent dinner menu too. And I’ve had plenty of beer from San Diego .
LOL, that doesn't help me. Also, South Dakota, not San Diego.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Imagine my surprise when I head a "tap, tap, tap" today -- not at my door, but at the window. It is as if they're trying to get my attention or taunt me.

I hope we can soon go back to being the Forum Lounge™ instead of the PigeonTalk Lounge™

-J.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Imagine my surprise when I head a "tap, tap, tap" today -- not at my door, but at the window. It is as if they're trying to get my attention or taunt me. ...
with apologies to Edgar Allan Poe:

“Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
“Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
“While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
“As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
“Quoth the pigeon, ‘Nevermore!’ ”

Old May 11, 2021, 8:50 am

Morning, Lounge. If you don't venture into OMNI, you may have missed that Generalissimo Geno gave us quite a scare on Saturday evening. I'm happy to report he is getting back to normal.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning, Lounge. If you don't venture into OMNI, you may have missed that Generalissimo Geno gave us quite a scare on Saturday evening. I'm happy to report he is getting back to normal.
I saw that. I'm so glad that he's doing better.

It was nice that mrkipper was able to spend some time with Geno over the weekend.
Old May 11, 2021, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I saw that. I'm so glad that he's doing better.

It was nice that mrkipper was able to spend some time with Geno over the weekend.
I think between the two of us, we willed him to live.
jrl767 and ysolde like this.
Old May 11, 2021, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I did manage a couple TDYs to Oklahoma over the years. On one TDY to OKC I got a non-A for base lodging and was able to stay in downtown OKC near the "Bricktown" area. My hotel was within walking distance of Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse so I went there for dinner one night. Any true baseball fan needs to make it there at least once.

And the Tinker AFB golf course has one of my favorite layouts for a base golf course that I've played and at least at the time (~10 years ago) was in pretty good condition, although I can't say how it is now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.