Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

current delta complaint/comment response time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

I filed EU261 after experiencing a mechanical cancellation ex-AMS that resulted in my arriving >3 hours late to my final destination. I filed it via DL.com complaints page because that is where the EU261 information page on DL.com directs to. This was almost 4 weeks ago, and I have heard nothing back. I have PM status.

Is this really the current response time? Or is DL just ignoring me to avoid having to pay out? Is there a better way to file this and get a response?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: DL-PM
So I submitted a comment that was a compliment and I got a response 2 days later, that was two weeks ago. Last Monday submitted a complaint haven't heard back yet... One thing I've noticed just anecdotally based on my feedback and what not is that compliments/complaints that don't involve compensation are resolved usually within 1 week. Anything more complex or involving compensation has taken quite some time for me generally, though usually not more than 8 weeks.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:18 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
IIRC, EU compensation claims are a separate group from the usual customer service teams. You might be able to tweet @Delta to see if they can check the status for you.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
IIRC, EU compensation claims are a separate group from the usual customer service teams. You might be able to tweet @Delta to see if they can check the status for you.
good idea to tweet, they said response time is 30-45 days

it's simply baffling to me how we collectively continue to put up with such poor customer service in the airline industry
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:48 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

it's simply baffling to me how we collectively continue to put up with such poor customer service in the airline industry
The last time I filed an EU claim I think it was right around 30 days; they rejected my claim. I responded with reasons why their rejection was incorrect and my response was acknowledged (and decision reversed) within 24 hours of my email. Point being, it seems like once the claim has been assigned to an agent the back and forth is quicker than the initial submission.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

I think the EU-261 slow comp issue is not poor customer service but deliberate. Perhaps in the delay the passenger will forget it, or their Sky Miles could expire. :-)

BTW, was your flight to Boston? If not I think it would subject to the 4 hour rule.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I submitted a comment/complaint because of partner miles not posting correctly. Automated response said up to 30 days for a response. It's been 10 and I haven't heard a peep.

I feel like everything about DL's response times (email, phone, twitter) used to be faster. Not sure how much of that is rose colored hindsight.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gooselee
I submitted a comment/complaint because of partner miles not posting correctly. Automated response said up to 30 days for a response. It's been 10 and I haven't heard a peep.

I feel like everything about DL's response times (email, phone, twitter) used to be faster. Not sure how much of that is rose colored hindsight.
Did you try using the missing mileage form? You can enter non-006 ticket numbers.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
I submitted a claim myself on an Air France flight back on June 30. Since my point of sale was the USA, and in the USA all things DL/AF/KL are run via Delta, I received a response from Delta claiming receipt of the submission.

As of today, July 23 (23 days after the initial email) I have not received a response.
As a platinum, usually I get responses in 1-3 days, however perhaps what was said above is true, perhaps EC 261 must go through a different department.
A second email was sent July 10th I believe, neither today have been replied to yet.

Last summer I had problem with baggage on KLM and Delta took about 45-50 days to file the compensation, so I'm wondering if this summer is the same thing with the increase in travelers.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee

Just look back here and you will see that not much has changed in response times on emails for past travel.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Did you try using the missing mileage form? You can enter non-006 ticket numbers.
I did - it's actually a 006 ticket.

The problem is I upgraded a paid VS flight and DL's system now thinks that leg is entirely an award. All other segments posted correctly.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Filed claim for 2 delayed/damaged to point of full loss bags. Incident occurred May 31. Filed online June 19th. Received check last week. Claimed Eu261 comp for July 4th KL SFO-AMS flight middle July. Received that check last week.

On the Eu261 comp, they forgot to include meals. Emailed them back. I had reply in under 15 minutes, answered their question, and they requested check all within 1 hour. Thus, once you get assigned someone it becomes a quick process.

Overall, as a DM my response times have been great.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Today is day 44 of no response (apart from initial acknowledgement) of a missing mileage request on a non-006 ticket. All twitter would tell me yesterday was that it may take up to 90 days.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by donzaur
Today is day 44 of no response (apart from initial acknowledgement) of a missing mileage request on a non-006 ticket. All twitter would tell me yesterday was that it may take up to 90 days.
Does it show in your activity as pending partner verification, or not at all? If not at all, call DL. They can put it in over the phone. It then should either give credit right away, or pend it, pending partner verification. I've found for missing mileage, if the online missing mileage submit form doesn't work, the quickest way to get credit is calling. It should be 7-14 days once they enter of needing partner verification.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exwannabe
I think the EU-261 slow comp issue is not poor customer service but deliberate. Perhaps in the delay the passenger will forget it, or their Sky Miles could expire. :-)

BTW, was your flight to Boston? If not I think it would subject to the 4 hour rule.
my understanding of reading the EU261 law is that cancellations are handled differently than delays. My flight was canceled, and I was rerouted, not merely delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.