Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
This seems like a real possibility.
CDG-MSY on AF as a 3-4x weekly seasonal is more likely.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
AMS basically doesn't have slots available at the moment. It's more likely to see a route to one of their other TATL JV partner hubs.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
BOS-MSY would be nice Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon. Currently they have a non stop for very limited seasonal flights like new years and mardi gras time, but nothing else.

Oh and I think I mentioned it before, but something-SIN on DL metal... but they just killed NRT-SIN and forcing pax onto KE metal through ICN so doubt we'll see a US-SIN.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
SFO or SJC - AUS
Now that SJC and AUS are both focus cities, I'm fairly confident we'll be seeing this soon. Surprised they don't have this route yet.
jj243 and ryw like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, 1MM/Marriott Titanium
SLC-LHR year round!!!!!!!
Air Houston likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by TuxTom
Daily service with at least one other hub to/from RNO. I end up flying to a lot of mid size and smaller airports in the mid-west and east coast, so a lot of my flights end up being RNO-SLC-ATL/MSP/DTW-XXX. I would love to be able to cut out the SLC stop more often. UA and AA both offer multiple daily flights to multiple hubs, AS serves SEA and PDX, and WN to a least 5 different airports daily.
I'll just go ahead and assume Delta saw my posts in this thread and my wish has been granted.

All kidding aside, while playing around on ExpertFlyer and Google Flights this morning, I noticed DL will be slowly ramping up RNO-ATL service starting with the holiday week. Previously this route was flown a few days around Christmas/New Years and then weekends through Jan/Feb with the eastbound on Sat and the return on Sun. Now, I'm seeing the same holiday then weekend deal in Dec/Jan, followed by 4x weekly (M,W,F,Sa) starting mid February through April, then daily starting in May through end of schedule.

I really hope this route sticks because it really makes DL a much more viable option out of RNO. Interestingly, it shows as being operated by a 757 the whole time, while the nearby SMF-ATL route runs with a 738 or 739. I can on guess that this has to do RNOs elevation and needing hot and high capability.
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM
ATL-TPE. Either DL or CI operated.
jj243 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by eneq
ATL-TPE. Either DL or CI operated.
A CI codeshare agreement would make sense, but alas the PRC would flip. It would be a good secondary hub for SE Asia connections.
jj243 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: dl platinum
ATL-EDI
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:46 pm
cc2

Lax-mel
atl-hkg
jfk-bud
sea-sin
atl-add
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I want ORD-LAX first, but then after that I want ORD-DCA or ORD-AUS. CR9s would be fine.
DeltaFan4Now likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:20 pm

Boston to anywhere in Asia. All the transatlantic stuff is nice, but there's plenty of demand the other way, too. And the only carriers who seem to know this are flying foreign flags.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
ORD to literally any non-hub or focus city. Heck, I'd even consider going to MDW (I live far closer to ORD).

AA has failed me one too many times, and I refuse to fly WN or UA (UA because UA and WN because lack of overseas travel rewards are a dealbreaker). All my recent DL experiences have been great, but having to connect to get almost anywhere is...not ideal...
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: Skymiles, LHW, SPG,
PDX <—> BOS

Portland (PDX) to Boston (BOS). There’s no competition on the route. PDX is consistently rated the TOP airport in the USA and Delta is making BOS a major focus. The ONLY airline flying direct between the two cities is Alaska. Hello DELTA???
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
STS-literally anywhere. I get why SLC probably makes the most sense, but would take LAX or SEA too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.