Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SamuelS
YYC-ATL. Though I am guessing it's just a matter of time before WS launches this route with a DL flight number - ugh.
WS is stepping up to full service and sending the low cost service to it's new LCC subsidiary. Their new 787 for long haul will put Delta to shame. WS of tomorrow isnt todays.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles DM
SAN - SFO (or OAK)
SAN - PDX

Won't need to fly Southwest or Alaska at all if these routes are introduced!.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Well now that they've announced RDU-ORD, I need to pick another one...

- MSP-BUR, but that's too long for an E175.
- AUS-DEN, but Southwest and United go a combined 11x/day
- (ETA: Asking for) The return of VS LHR-DTW doesn't count.

So I'll go with a 9:30am westbound/12:30pm eastbound DTW-OAK-DTW turn to be able to make 1pm East Bay meetings from the east coast without having to deal with SFO, BART, or flying AA.

Last edited by ElmhurstNick; Jul 18, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Kpah - kilm
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
- The return of VS LHR-DTW doesn't count.
is this actually happening??
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Their new 787 for long haul will put Delta to shame.
I laughed at this display of hyperbole.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by DAL-767
Kpah - kilm
lol
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pbarnette

I laughed at this display of hyperbole.
Have you seen their product? J seats people want, not D1 suites no one cares for, that are poorly laid out. On demand dining, etc. If WS can step up to that, no reason DL can't. Instead we get stuck with improvements that aren't what most want or care for.

Agree that it's up to WS to deliver, but the 787 and new business class show they're willing to change. DL gets new plane type, and we get a seat no one wanted, and same old service.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
DTW->EDI. Just 'cause.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by CGNC
and just for the hell of it...DTW-BEY
I'm looking forward to the day that I can fly TLV-BEY.

(Actually, I would never take that route as it is a shorter distance from my house to BEY than it is to TLV. In fact, it is even shorter for me to drive to DAM. It would be great to have either as my home airport.)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Have you seen their product? J seats people want, not D1 suites no one cares for, that are poorly laid out. On demand dining, etc. If WS can step up to that, no reason DL can't. Instead we get stuck with improvements that aren't what most want or care for.

Agree that it's up to WS to deliver, but the 787 and new business class show they're willing to change. DL gets new plane type, and we get a seat no one wanted, and same old service.
I’ve seen the renderings. It is a standard seat, basically what DL has on the A330s. I am relatively dubious about the on-demand dining at any sort of scale. Even if they execute a good product, your language suggested something far more transformational than that.

Like I said, I laughed at your hyperbole. I laughed again at the hyperbole in your response here.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta FO, SW Rapid Rewards
GEG - DEN
This is covered by WN and UA but would be nice to add a Delta route.

GEG - ATL
This would make getting to some East coast destinations so much easier (JAX & PWM)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Have you seen their product?
It's lie-flats (and only 16 at that) with aisle access, something Delta started rolling out in 2010 with the 77Ls, and which DL had completed accross all long-haul widebodies by 2014.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It's lie-flats (and only 16 at that) with aisle access, something Delta started rolling out in 2010 with the 77Ls, and which DL had completed accross all long-haul widebodies by 2014.
However it's the same type as VA, CX, etc. Type of seat is as important as all aisle. DL is going with a seat that isnt favored and with a bad layout. Plus no service improvements .

Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
At my old job I had to go to Tallahassee a lot and no one has a direct flight from any NYC airport. So, while I no longer have to go there, I would vote for that. For being the state capital, that city is a huge pain to get to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.