Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta just rolled out new home page interface

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta just rolled out new home page interface

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Just saw this thread and went to delta.com on a browser I never use (Safari) and up popped the new homepage:

I had this look a few days ago using Edge, but today I do not have this version using Edge or Chrome on a pc.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:23 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by davedeboston
. . . . . if anything is broken, it can be caught before it impacts business to all customers
Hahahahahaha!

You must be new to Delta.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
I saw the same new Delta front page for the web site a couple of nights ago. It only appeared one time, and then I got the old web site front page after that. When I clicked through it to book a flight, the results came up on a page with the old interface. Delta is probably getting ready to update soon, and perhaps some servers mistakenly got updated versions ahead of the official release to all.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:12 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by conde
Delta is probably getting ready to update soon, and perhaps some servers mistakenly got updated versions ahead of the official release to all.
There is almost a 0% chance it's a mistake. As davedeboston mentioned, they're most likely doing what's called a blue/green deployment or A/B test.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Using Safari on the IPad right now and still seeing the old format.

Of course the real question is (and the answer is probably “no”) - does the new website design come with any improvements we’ve all wanted for quite some time such as the ability to easily changes flights? To make SDC changes? Search for and apply mileage upgrades and upgrade certificates?

Old May 20, 2018, 6:36 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Using Safari on the IPad right now and still seeing the old format.

Of course the real question is (and the answer is probably “no”) - does the new website design come with any improvements we’ve all wanted for quite some time such as the ability to easily changes flights? To make SDC changes? Search for and apply mileage upgrades and upgrade certificates?

I realize this is a somewhat facetious post, but I'll give a somewhat serious answer since a lot of people will wonder about that. Most modern websites involve a front end (which is essentially the cosmetics) and a backend (where all the logical functionality happens). Changes can be made to the front end without any changes to the back end.

Additionally, in an organization the size of DL, it's almost certainly two completely different teams of people working on each.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
When you mouse over the account tab, it now shows the year you joined SM. 2002 in my case, when I first started flying UM out of CVG Concourse C.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Glad it looks nice, but has the booking engine been fixed or is this lipstick on a pig?

Last week spent hours trying to buy a ticket. Website showed $4K on multiple options, but would not complete transaction. DM line could not find anything under $8K; which one do you want? I want the one on the website!!!! Would you like to try web services to see if they will honor the fare? Yes. They will not honor the fare. Did anyone look on delta.com and see the fares I am talking about? Yes, we see it, but the fare is $8K, not $4K.

BTW, a week later and the (non existent) fares are still there.

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; May 21, 2018 at 12:14 pm
Old May 21, 2018, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
I’m using Safari on an iPad. Homepage looks the same. The problem came up when I tried to book a flight. It just kept going back to the booking page. I finally went to “Advanced Search” and it worked.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Delta Gold, Delta 0.17 MM
I got this a few weeks back for one day, on Chrome.

Looks nice, but my only "complaint" would be that it takes more clicks to get to your upcoming trips.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Using Safari on my Mac and got the new website layout for the first time. I tried pulling it up on Chrome and Safari on my iPad and was still getting the old site.

Old May 24, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I switched to Chrome and the new layout appeared.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Safari on my Mac has returned to the old layout. I really like using the new layout.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:35 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I have 3 WIndows computers in my office. Until yesterday, all 3 still got the old version of DL.com. Today, 1 is getting the new version, and 2 are still getting the old version.

Old May 29, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
NEW Delta Website.....

Well, they rolled out their new website today.....it's a nice, fresh makeover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.