Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRSA gets caught and removed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:38 am

Lucky a retired Delta employee who knew the system was moved. This kind of stuff probably happens and goes undetected more often than we know because there are so many legitimate reasons for seat changes.
DiverDave and donna538 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Would a DL employee who has never worked as a GA know how to do this? I'm thinking of my DL ATL CO gate agent for a day experience, and IIRC if you didn't know how to change seats, it would take some fiddling with the computer to do it and perhaps more to try to make it seem innocuous. Staff who normally work at check in counters would be trained as GAs, I guess, and phone reservations people probably are familiar with the system, but could other DL employees do this easily?

If the NRSA was flying from his/her home airport, depending on how big a station it is, the GA might know the person, which I'd expect at SFO but not JFK. So I'm curious whether the NRSA party was traveling outbound or inbound. I also wonder whether the NRSA has done this before as well as generally how often it happens. This could explain some mysterious seat moves that we've experienced.
Bolding mine.
Some certainly would. Depending on their role in the company. IT, Customer service, I am sure there are others.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
I'm wondering if that's why this particular incident was stopped. Perhaps the NRSA was twiddling around while the computer was logged in with the GA's account, making it look like the GA made the changes. When the GA saw what happened, he/she had to do something to avoid being falsely blamed (the GA may in that case be liable for a different policy violation of letting an other employee use their account, though).
I believe this is what happened. She didn't use the second computer at podium, she went to the one the GA was using. He of course was printing bag tags which is done using the BP scanner. Remember which she used, cause was dressed like a Kardashian at a party, thus really stuck out.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This sounds like the NRSA also violated what's left of their dress code. Aren't nonrevs still requested to dress in good taste, not be offensive, and not wear overly revealing clothes?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This sounds like the NRSA also violated what's left of their dress code. Aren't nonrevs still requested to dress in good taste, not be offensive, and not wear overly revealing clothes?

Regardless of dress code, I would be very surprised if employees who are not the on-duty GA for that flight are permitted to make changes to their own (or anyone else's) reservations at the GA desk. That flight was under gate control and the GA should have been the only person inside anyone's reservation. If the GA told the nonrev that it was OK to do use the computer, then they also have some liability here.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Regardless of dress code, I would be very surprised if employees who are not the on-duty GA for that flight are permitted to make changes to their own (or anyone else's) reservations at the GA desk. That flight was under gate control and the GA should have been the only person inside anyone's reservation. If the GA told the nonrev that it was OK to do use the computer, then they also have some liability here.
There is still a dress code and they could have been punished for the outfit that the OP described she was wearing. The non-rev definitely shouldn’t have had access to the GA desk and this non-rev should get a severe punishment. These non-revs should have been thankful that they were in D1 in the first place with many medallion members probably stuck back in the back. Thankfully with Domestic D1 going to eligible for comp UGs, it won’t become the non-rev party up in J anymore.
donna538 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would hope that DL employees who don't have a "need to know" (for a DL business reason and not for their own personal gain or curiosity) are strictly forbidden from accessing customers' information, including but not limited to itineraries and seat assignments, and not just at GA podiums or for flights under gate control.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Agree. Further, even if off-duty employees are permitted to use the gate computers, I would think/hope they'd be required to be in uniform, not just the "good taste" dress code. If for no other reason than to stop ordinary customers from wondering why some random person is fiddling with the computer at the GA desk.

Think about it - you walk by and see a uniformed DL agent/redcoat/pilot whatever...you don't think twice. You walk by and see someone in jeans and a t-shirt...maybe you think DL has just installed a self-service kiosk there.
flyerCO and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Often1
Unless the employee also embezzled a significant amount of money, I doubt that the employee was terminated.

But, for purposes of other threads, it's worth noting that DL can see exactly who changed any aspect of a PNR.
I doubt they are. However I've seen them look to see if they look like they'll clear or for other flight options numerous times. They'll wait till GA isn't needing the computer or is doing something else. They'll then look at the computer so as not to bother the GA. This is becoming less common though as they can basically see that info on a smartphone nowadays.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
She probably thought she wouldn't get caught since the pair she split up was travelling on separate PRNs. I suspect it's happened to me before because Mr. Marylou and I always fly INTL on separate PRNs, mine paid and his mileage, even though I always call and have them "linked" FWTW.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:16 pm

So good.

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Good on that GA for not letting it slide.
Love. Love. Love this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: none
This is clearly Delta's fault and something should be done about it. I just don't know what.

If this happened exactly as the previous posters said, then I'm at a loss as to what to think. If this DIDN'T happen as described, I'm at a loss as to what to think.

Can't we at least have a cell phone video, a news report, or someone else who was a witness who can say, "I saw the whole thing and here's the true story." Without enough information, I'm throwing the B.S. flag on this one.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
The fact that OP is a regular and trusted contributor here makes me believe the story.
Spiff, puck021, DiverDave and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by WWads
The fact that OP is a regular and trusted contributor here makes me believe the story.
Don't you know for some on FT it is "step one" to attack the OP as a fraud.

Lady jumps from MSY-LAX flight this morning

Delta Air Line Passenger Opens Door and Jumps From Jet at New Orleans MSY Airport - Renés PointsRenés Points

Well that is until someone points out the facts are just as the OP stated and then they run an hide until the next chance to attack an OP!

Last edited by Renes Points; Apr 2, 2018 at 9:52 pm Reason: spelling issue - yes i always have them!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, BA, HH, IHG
If the employee logged into the computer using another employees password then that is a fireable offense. If the gate agent allowed another employee to use their computer while they are working on that computer I would think that they would be subject to severe disciplinary action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.