NRSA gets caught and removed

Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
NRSA gets caught and removed

I was flying SFO-JFK two or three weeks ago. 2130 redeye on 767 so D1 cabin was not full. While waiting to board, see NRSA go behind podium and start playing on the computer while GA was tagging bags. Apparently she was flying with a friend and wanted to sit together. While fairly empty, the 767 didn't have any empty seats in D1 in middle section. She started moving people around so that she and her friend could be next to each other. Got caught out when two of the moved passengers (one paid, one retired Delta employee who happened to be flying together) made a comment to GA. Apparently he thought she was just looking to see how likely to clear. He never realized she had moved seat assignments till the comments when the little piece of paper printed for seat change. About 15 minutes before departure, on comes a redcoat. He politely explains that they're need to get off the plane. She of course acted like nothing was wrong and asked what happened to cause the need. Very quietly bent over and told her you know what you did in the computer. Her and friend had to get up, grab their crap (which they had seemed to spread everywhere), and do the perp walk. What the end result was I do not know. However was happy to hear/see DL employee putting a stop to SHENA, even if not what we normally regard as SHENA. Risking not just free flights privileges but her job seems stupid for something like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Good on that GA for not letting it slide.
Zeeb, AANYC1981, iflymsy and 11 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
If true thats a real ballsy move by the non-rev......totally not cool.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
DL needs to start naming and shaming these people. Hopefully the news that they've been terminated goes out in some sort of company-wide letter. NRSAs need the fear of God struck into them.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is an interesting variation on NRSAs baording and then trying to insist that revenue passengers move so that they can sit together. I hope the affected revenue passenger reports this in addition to DL so that the NRSA gets more than a warning. It's outrageous but not surprising given the entitled attitudes of a few NRSAs and the tendency for many but not all DL employees to look after their own.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
That ought ro be a fireable offense.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by WWads
DL needs to start naming and shaming these people. Hopefully the news that they've been terminated goes out in some sort of company-wide letter. NRSAs need the fear of God struck into them.
Unless the employee also embezzled a significant amount of money, I doubt that the employee was terminated.

But, for purposes of other threads, it's worth noting that DL can see exactly who changed any aspect of a PNR.
donna538 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Often1
Unless the employee also embezzled a significant amount of money, I doubt that the employee was terminated.

But, for purposes of other threads, it's worth noting that DL can see exactly who changed any aspect of a PNR.
In that case, the employee should be fired for stupidity.
SFO777, donna538, gooselee and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:24 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I'm wondering if that's why this particular incident was stopped. Perhaps the NRSA was twiddling around while the computer was logged in with the GA's account, making it look like the GA made the changes. When the GA saw what happened, he/she had to do something to avoid being falsely blamed (the GA may in that case be liable for a different policy violation of letting an other employee use their account, though).
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:05 am

Would a DL employee who has never worked as a GA know how to do this? I'm thinking of my DL ATL CO gate agent for a day experience, and IIRC if you didn't know how to change seats, it would take some fiddling with the computer to do it and perhaps more to try to make it seem innocuous. Staff who normally work at check in counters would be trained as GAs, I guess, and phone reservations people probably are familiar with the system, but could other DL employees do this easily?

If the NRSA was flying from his/her home airport, depending on how big a station it is, the GA might know the person, which I'd expect at SFO but not JFK. So I'm curious whether the NRSA party was traveling outbound or inbound. I also wonder whether the NRSA has done this before as well as generally how often it happens. This could explain some mysterious seat moves that we've experienced.
donna538 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by apodo77
That ought to be a fireable offense.
So should many of the changes to the SkyMiles program but THAT clearly has not happened!
DiverDave likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
But for this thread, it's worth noting that presumably the GA was logged onto the system and that's who would be shown as having changed the seats.

David
MCO Flyer and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Talk about a "DYKWIA" attitude. I hope Delta revokes their NRSA privileges as this puts everyone else's perks in jeopardy.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It's not a question of theft of services or cash, it is a matter of the egregious nature by which this non-rev employee violated the DL brand. Placing themselves over the paying customer says a lot about what this employee values. If DL does not terminate the employee it says something about how important the company's culture and brand are to them. A few bad employees can ruin the entire company. Look at UA.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
You would think they would just be delighted to fly D1 on this route for free.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.