Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I have yet to see anyone under $60K get the invite. I’ll finish 2018 with $50-55K in personal spend (all out of my own pocket) and know I’ll never see D360 — and I fly out of the country’s most podunk airport: HSV.

Your podunk airport probably has a lot of elites and high value customers for DL.
puck021, Air Houston and TheHorta like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
RDU, being a focus city must have many 360's though I only personally know only one and he was very surprised about getting the 360 the year that he did as it was also his first DM year. From my reading on this forum some 360's might have that one big year with a huge spend and they get the invite and others are in the Big spend category and don't. Seems there must be some other criteria than spend factored into the algorithm.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
I have yet to see anyone under $60K get the invite.
$60K ain't getting it in RDU. I have been DM every year and spend $30-60 each year and will never see it. In fact if it wasn't for two last minute Int'l trips in J this year I would have dropped to PM as I have given my business to AA. This was my biggest spend year ever and as of now it looks like DL will get ~$30K and AA will get $50K.
KOTAR1988 and TheHorta like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
360 doesn't really get you anything anyways - at least nothing beyond some improved phone support and potentially slightly higher upgrade priority than DM (although there are mixed reports on this) - so it's not really a big loss, except perhaps to someone's ego.

Global Services is actually majorly beneficial - you get access to special award and upgrade buckets that don't exist for even 1Ks, certain companion upgrade rights when you're flying a paid J ticket, you get to (truly - not "go stand in another line that is just a bit more advantaged than the regular line) jump to the front of security at a number of airports, as well as everything 360 gets you (dedicated phone support, etc).

I can't speak for CK other than for the fact that they actually get guaranteed higher upgrade priority than Plat Execs (as opposed to "maybe higher" upgrade priority like DL).
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
$60K ain't getting it in RDU. I have been DM every year and spend $30-60 each year and will never see it. In fact if it wasn't for two last minute Int'l trips in J this year I would have dropped to PM as I have given my business to AA. This was my biggest spend year ever and as of now it looks like DL will get ~$30K and AA will get $50K.
Will be interesting to see if you get a CK invite.

I’d wager that if you’d stuck with either AA or DL with the full 80K your odds would improve dramatically.
SYRRDU likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:47 pm

Will be interesting to see if you get a CK invite.

I’d wager that if you’d stuck with either AA or DL with the full 80K your odds would improve dramatically.
That is the way it goes right? Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Global Services also have their own check-in counters here at SFO, so I would assume that they have them at their other hubs too. I don't know what AA does, but DL has nothing special for their 360s!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL also reportedly looks heavily at the amount of spend which you control. It isn't just tickets in your name, but whether you are instrumental in a corporate contract. Also, look at how you achieve that spend, e.g. DL vs. ST.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Often1
DL also reportedly looks heavily at the amount of spend which you control. It isn't just tickets in your name, but whether you are instrumental in a corporate contract. Also, look at how you achieve that spend, e.g. DL vs. ST.
Given how few benefits 360 gives over DM, I really feel that this is the primary point of the program (rather than something like Global Services which - while they also award it to corporate contract decision makers - actually goes to a large number of United flyers) - basically give DM (+ some personalized service) to folks who don't actually fly that much but matter to Delta.

I can't imagine that anyone has ever decided to fly Delta versus a competitor just to get 360.
hhdl likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Former AA EXP here, I feel sorry for anyone that has to fly AA by choice these days, but especially out of RDU where it’s only hub options. Might be good for segment running, but that about it.

That being said, I don’t think I’ve met a 360 yet, but I met a dude with CK tags a few weeks ago who had switched to DL.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by HDQDD
Former AA EXP here, I feel sorry for anyone that has to fly AA by choice these days, but especially out of RDU where it’s only hub options. Might be good for segment running, but that about it.
All of the airlines are now disappointing... Continental was destroyed by United, AA and US were never great (former CP) from my point of view, and lately DL has no desire to be the clear #1 ... they just need to be slightly better than #2 . As a charter DM (and DM every year since), DL has taken every incremental steps to devalue medallions and again (my point of view) service that I have dealt with has been exceptionally poor over the past two years. Regardless of RDU, I still fly more than 75% to HUB first, so that is not an issue. Moved my business to AA and the change took a bit to get used to used, they don't handle IRROPs well, but the EXP experience has been much better than recent DM. I still will have over 400K in rollover and PM will be the future after 2019 and for several years after.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
As a charter DM
Out of curiosity why did you pick DPJ given the number of competitors in the market?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
Out of curiosity why did you pick DPJ given the number of competitors in the market?
Charter was a designation for those of us who achieved Diamond Medallion in the first year it was introduced. Prior to that, Platinum Medallion at 75k was Delta’s top tier.

It’s no longer meaningful or even tracked by DL to the best of my knowledge, and is unrelated to the Diamond status you can obtain via Delta Private Jets. (That said, if you know you will need $50k in DL spend in a year, setting up the DPJ membership is one way to immediately start the year with Diamond... although I can’t imagine anyone has actually gone for it solely for that reason.)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by BenA
Charter was a designation for those of us who achieved Diamond Medallion in the first year it was introduced. Prior to that, Platinum Medallion at 75k was Delta’s top tier.
^^^ what Ben said. I think DM was introduced in 2009.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
^^^ what Ben said. I think DM was introduced in 2009.
Still holding my breath for DL to introduce a published DDM tier -- Double Diamond Medallion: 250K MQM, $30K MQD, $500K AX Waiver.

Yeah... c'mon Big D! Let's hear it for your flyers! D! D! M!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.