Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Still holding my breath for DL to introduce a published DDM tier -- Double Diamond Medallion: 250K MQM, $30K MQD, $500K AX Waiver.

Yeah... c'mon Big D! Let's hear it for your flyers! D! D! M!
I did the Double MQMs twice, that is why I will have >400K in rollover in the new year.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:44 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
^^^ what Ben said. I think DM was introduced in 2009.
Diamond was introduced and earned in 2009. The first year for DM to be in effect was 2010. BTW, they gave out “Charter” tags in 2010 and 2011
awonderer likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by HDQDD

Former AA EXP here, I feel sorry for anyone that has to fly AA by choice these days, but especially out of RDU where it’s only hub options. Might be good for segment running, but that about it.

That being said, I don’t think I’ve met a 360 yet, but I met a dude with CK tags a few weeks ago who had switched to DL.
On recent flights ex-AMS I have seen 360 tags multiple times. I think on my most recent flight at least two passengers in D1 had the 360 tags. Now this doesn’t mean they are current, but was surprised by how many I’ve seen.

Won’t lie, being a top 5% (per Delta email haha) flier from ATW kind of hoping for the invite but not expecting since I won’t hit 40K mqd this year. Also, as discussed not much appreciable difference, but any little bit can help. Overall though, happy as a DM.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by whooperatw

On recent flights ex-AMS I have seen 360 tags multiple times. I think on my most recent flight at least two passengers in D1 had the 360 tags. Now this doesn’t mean they are current, but was surprised by how many I’ve seen.

Won’t lie, being a top 5% (per Delta email haha) flier from ATW kind of hoping for the invite but not expecting since I won’t hit 40K mqd this year. Also, as discussed not much appreciable difference, but any little bit can help. Overall though, happy as a DM.
If you're going to see them anywhere, you will see them in D1 cabins, especially TATL. There's plenty of people who do 20+ TATL commutes a year in business and that gets you to $100K+ in spend pretty quickly so no surprise there.

That said, $40K MQDs doesn't even get close to sniffing 360 - even at an outstation. If you had $40K at an outstation on United, you might have a chance at Global Services if most of your travel was in high fare classes but $40K is borderline there at best.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by ajg276
I'm NYC based, going to hit 90k MQD - mostly paid F/J international -- think I have a shot? Folks in my office with far less have no issues attaining CK and GS.
Yes, assuming this isn't your first year with DL. I had $70k+ in 2016 and $60k+ got it in 2017 and got it for 2018 (but didn't get it for 2017). I had been diamond for 4-5 years consecutively before.

One benefit not mentioned is executive skyclub membership, but that's worth nothing, and you get a hat. In the end all that helps is the better helpdesk.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM360, Aeroplan SE
360 Renewal for 2019?

...just wondering if anyone has seen any signs of 360 renewal, either a message from Delta or maybe an indication like a new Executive skyclub membership for 2019 in the online wallet which i remember a bit in advance last year. Seems weird as AA Concierge Key and United Global Services have already notified for 2019 in early December!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by admanag
...just wondering if anyone has seen any signs of 360 renewal, either a message from Delta or maybe an indication like a new Executive skyclub membership for 2019 in the online wallet which i remember a bit in advance last year. Seems weird as AA Concierge Key and United Global Services have already notified for 2019 in early December!
Ah, good idea. Will keep an eye on the SC details.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, AA Platinum for Life, Marriott Platinum Premier for Life, United Platinum, Hertz
Originally Posted by admanag
Delta 360 membership runs through end of January.

For 2018 I got the email Feb 1st. For 2017 I got the email Feb 18th.

I think their last minute communication is indicative of the fact that this is a stepchild program which isn’t well developed. Most Delta employees still don’t know what 360 is and don’t treat you any differently. They don’t have day to day benefits like early boarding.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:33 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
How early do you need to board, exactly? You're already in the first group after pre-boards. Like, do you want to board before they finish cleaning the plane??
hhdl likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Being currently SFO based, I know that my MQD spend needs to be at least $75K-$100K annually to qualify as a 360. As I'll be based at GCM starting next year, I wonder what my spend needs to be there to have a shot at 360? It's impossible to calculate I know, but any good guesses anyone? My current spend is $50K-$60K annually now, and this won't change going forward.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Be careful think that total spend will get you to 360. I understand they also look at the ratios of spend versus MQMs and spend versus segments. If you're spending $400-500 (or less) per segment, no matter how much the spend, you may have trouble making 360.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Be careful think that total spend will get you to 360. I understand they also look at the ratios of spend versus MQMs and spend versus segments. If you're spending $400-500 (or less) per segment, no matter how much the spend, you may have trouble making 360.
Agreed! But sooner or later I wouldn't be surprised if all the US Airlines go to an exclusive revenue-based system, and if that's the case, then MQDs, MQMs and MQSs will all be taken into consideration, perhaps even more so than today!

Last edited by audidudi; Jan 17, 2019 at 1:49 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looks like I will have lounge access in 2019 for myself when I have a same-day 006 ticket in hand
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DL-Don
That seems very reasonable, but might not be consistent with the "evidence" contained in the DL Milestones email link that was distributed today and is being discussed in another thread currently. Lots of the "winners" were DMs, but there's only one where the writeup mentions 360 and that's Julian P., longest distance at 473,267 miles flown. It says that he earned a million RDMs this year and if I try very loosely to guesstimate his spend, I get about $70K (assuming 13 miles per dollar for a DM with the Reserve card and also assuming that he got about 100,000 miles without flying, either from Reserve card bonuses, crosscutting (RIP) miles, etc.) In fact, 900,000 RDMs / 13 RDMs per mile = $69,231 spend (or MQDs). His writeup emphasizes flights to Hawaii, so I'm implicitly assuming that this is all DL metal. I'm also assuming that he's not doing manufactured spending on DL AmEx cards as I don't think he would have the time for that.

Approximately $70K spend would probably be enough for 360 at an outstation but not a hub, although given the distance flown, it doesn't look like expensive tickets were generally used. Again doing a rough calculation, if all of these flights earned MQMs at 100%, it appears that he's paying about 14.6 cents per MQM (or mile flown), which isn't super cheap but it's not a high rate of spend either. It's just a bit about what the DM MQD requirement would suggest, $15,000/125,000 MQMs = 12 cents per MQM on average, although of course the rate would be higher with Reserve card MQMs or rollover MQMs.

Indeed, if we hypothesize that a typical 360 might earn 150,000-200,000 MQMs and spend $50,000-$100,000 (where the $50,000 is believed not to be enough at hubs and where we're obviously attempting to eliminate extremely high mileage or extremely high spending), we would get a range of $50,000/200,000 = 25 cents per MQM to $100,000/150,000 = 67 cents per MQM, so this guy's MQM versus spend wouldn't look so good to DL.

Alternatively, he supposedly flew 50 red eye segments last year, so we know he flew at least 50 segments and in fact the number must be much higher because 473,267 miles/50 segments = 9,465 miles per segment which is beyond the range of most aircraft and if he likes Hawaii so much, he can't always be traveling to Australia or South Africa. If he had the sort of travel patterns to qualify on segments, we'd be looking at close to 1,000 segments per year, which would be about $70 per segment on average, clearly impossible. OTOH, if the redeyes are half of his flying (which is still unlikely from the Midwest), then we'd have $700 per segment, which again doesn't seem that impressive by 360 standards, even if we believe the average segment approached 5,000 miles, which is also almost impossible from the Midwest, where longhaul international flying would involve (from a nonhub) at least one domestic segment for every long international one, so we might guess that a typical RT could have two 1,000 mile domestic segments and two 5,000 mile international segments, for an average segment length of 3,000, which would imply 158 segments per year (not even the MQS requirement for DM) or about $70,000/158 = $443 per segment, again not a huge number for a 360, although I don't often think of nplane tickets in terms of cost per segment, so my perceptions of what is typical could be way off.
AeRoSpaceman and audidudi like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
I believe the 473,267 miles are actual flight miles and not MQMs.

In my email, it says I flew 171.161 miles but my flight MQMs were 263,256 (after subtracting AMEX Reserve Card MQMs). Of course the MQMs included class of service bonuses and 500 MQM minimums as well. My spend was about $1050 per segment; $88,894 in total. That's about 30 cents per total MQM or 34 cents per flight MQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.