FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1890594-delta-360-consolidated-thread.html)

Deeg157 Jan 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread

A year ago today, I was invited to the Delta 360 club. I hit the same numbers from my home airport in 2017. Just curious if anyone has received their invitations. Safe travels to all in 2018!

RumPatrol Jan 26, 2018 8:39 pm

I'm not that high up the food chain, but a family member is. He was called by Delta last week and informed he was being dropped from Delta 360 despite flying even more in 2017 than in 2016. He asked for a reevaluation twice and was told they changed the requirements and he no longer met them. He was over 550K MQM and right around $60K MQD. If that doesn't do it, I don't know what does.

ethernal Jan 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by RumPatrol (Post 29344748)
I'm not that high up the food chain, but a family member is. He was called by Delta last week and informed he was being dropped from Delta 360 despite flying even more in 2017 than in 2016. He asked for a reevaluation twice and was told they changed the requirements and he no longer met them. He was over 550K MQM and right around $60K MQD. If that doesn't do it, I don't know what does.

Were those earned MQM in that year? If so, his $ per mile is way too low. Raw spend is king but $/mile is critical as well. $60K is definitely on the low end of the spectrum (although it depends on the city - 60K in Atlanta won't even be close whereas 60K in an outstation or place with lot of competition may be enough).

Deeg157 Jan 26, 2018 9:54 pm

I haven't been called yet, so I guess that's a good thing.

Laar year I flew 350,000 miles out of VPS and had a MQD that exceeded $75,000. I'll keep everyone informed.

puntamita Jan 27, 2018 12:40 pm

What benfits do you receive from 360?

StayingHomeIsBetter Jan 27, 2018 12:53 pm

Lotta humble bragging going on here. :D

CarmenOM Jan 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 29346673)
Lotta humble bragging going on here. :D

Humble?

RumPatrol Jan 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by ethernal (Post 29344770)
Were those earned MQM in that year? If so, his $ per mile is way too low. Raw spend is king but $/mile is critical as well. $60K is definitely on the low end of the spectrum (although it depends on the city - 60K in Atlanta won't even be close whereas 60K in an outstation or place with lot of competition may be enough).

Yes that is earned MQM for 2017. Both MQM and MQD were slightly more in 2017 than 2016. The last reevaluation call said spend needed to be $100K+ now, though I don't know if that is $100K for his mileage or just in general. Most flights are in/out of SLC but it is worldwide travel, all personal spend. I'm not really surprised knowing what DL has done to the MQD waivers for Diamonds, but still, that is a lot of miles and last minute out of pocket full fare tickets to then be dropped from a program you were already in.

I know DL is trying to make the top tiers more exclusive and I respect it, but seems odd to just drop someone who flew more the following year. Though realistically, Delta 360 doesn't mean much more than Diamond does except for the gift. The Tiffany glasses and bottle of scotch was lovely.

siswati Jan 28, 2018 6:45 am

Brag / No Brag - Humble / Not Humble - the numbers are required to better understand the threshhold at which this status level is earned

2017 - 398,000 MQM's, 118 MQS's, 95,500 MQD's, - No invitation yet. Had it for several years at levels below this, but one really light travel year and I lost it. Curious to see if you ever get it back after losing it. None of my FF mates have ever got it back again despite serious travel way in excess of my 2017 numbers

atttaboy Jan 28, 2018 12:53 pm

ATL-based, $95k MQDs, 300K MQMs (265K BIS) and nothing for me

Deeg157 Jan 29, 2018 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by siswati (Post 29348817)
Brag / No Brag - Humble / Not Humble - the numbers are required to better understand the threshhold at which this status level is earned

2017 - 398,000 MQM's, 118 MQS's, 95,500 MQD's, - No invitation yet. Had it for several years at levels below this, but one really light travel year and I lost it. Curious to see if you ever get it back after losing it. None of my FF mates have ever got it back again despite serious travel way in excess of my 2017 numbers

Is ATL your home airport?

Deeg157 Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by RumPatrol (Post 29344748)

I didn't know they actually called you when you lose your 360 status. I haven't heard anything, nor have I received another package from Delta. It was cool while it lasted :)

WhiskeyBravo Jan 29, 2018 3:21 pm

I think this is part of a reasonable evaluation of the program. That is to say, what do all these flyers do if we stop offering these benefits? If everyone who had or would've had 360 continues to fly DL without it, then what good is it for Delta paying for that overhead? They know you're going to give them the money anyway. I'm guessing they are making 360 smaller and providing more indicators to Diamond line agents and providing them more leeway with certain passengers: all as a cost savings measure.

map724 Jan 29, 2018 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo (Post 29354822)
I think this is part of a reasonable evaluation of the program. That is to say, what do all these flyers do if we stop offering these benefits? If everyone who had or would've had 360 continues to fly DL without it, then what good is it for Delta paying for that overhead? They know you're going to give them the money anyway. I'm guessing they are making 360 smaller and providing more indicators to Diamond line agents and providing them more leeway with certain passengers: all as a cost savings measure.

I had it for 2 years then lost it last year. Decided to give it another try and flew over 200k MQMs and just north of $71k MQD. This is the most I've ever flown with DL and far more than what qualified me for 360 in the past. My home airport is PHX, which I had assumed would assist in the calculus. That said, if I don't qualify this year (nothing in the mail yet), that will be the end of going out of my way to fly on DL and Sky Team metal. I'm Exec Platinum on AA as well, (by accident, really) so will just move to flying whoever is more convenient.

map724 Jan 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Deeg157 (Post 29354337)

I didn't know they actually called you when you lose your 360 status. I haven't heard anything, nor have I received another package from Delta. It was cool while it lasted :)

When I lost it last year I received a letter in the mail (archaic, isn't it?) in January essentially saying "You're no longer a 360, but Diamond is still great."